Format changes for the Clash

You and I already discussed this on Dec of last year. I still feel it is much easier and less cost for me to go to Fontana than the Coliseum in a vehicle even though I live much closer to the Coliseum. Now if I were taking public transportation then that might be a different story. The metro train doesn’t go all the way to LAX from downtown if someone is flying into LAX and are not planning on renting a car.

The train isn’t the best in LA but it still covers a lot of ground & the bus at LAX takes you to a train station.

I agree parking is a bit overpriced.

I think the Clash is great just as it is....the intrigue of having it in one of the iconic stadiums in this country is awesome. This is an exhibition race designed to get the masses warmed up for the season. Get a look at the cars. Hear from the drivers. Win a trophy. All good in my world.

I just looked at the weather forecast again this morning and it dropped to 40% for Sun but is looking like rain for the rest of next week with 80 % on Mon.

If they reschedule, they have to run it at night Monday or whatever. Please.
My point remains, it doesn't matter that's not a points race. Even if it was a points race, Fox still makes the decision when it will be run, based on the best possible audience numbers.

Bump...
Screenshot_20240131_114009_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240131_114022_Samsung Internet.jpg

My point remains, it doesn't matter that's not a points race. Even if it was a points race, Fox still makes the decision when it will be run, based on the best possible audience numbers.
Unlike most tracks that are permanent, Nascar/Fox have there hands tied. Its not like they could reschedule during a off week later in the year as I dont think it would be feasible to build the track again, Maybe not. Just my thoughts

That’s quite an assumption to make about me, maybe a projection of yourself. I live in New York and I have nothing against Bubba. I’m glad I don’t have to see that stupid loser’s flag anymore at the track. It’s a well known fact that the banning of that flag gained NASCAR a lot of fans. Casual and die-hard.

When you say “It’s a well known fact that the banning of that flag gained NASCAR a lot of fans” do you how many?

Damn, now they are forecasting 90% Sun, 100%Mon, 80%Tue, 50%Wed and Thur. The main thing is how late the rain lasts.

It rained really hard until noon today and there was a lot of flooding all over SoCal. The local news said it is supposed to rain twice as much Sunday. I hope they are wrong.
On my weather deal they are forecasting almost 3 inches of rain for L.A. on Sunday and an inch and three quarters for Monday. Hey folks, Nascar is coming to town.

Back
Top Bottom