Ganassi leaving NASCAR, selling team to Trackhouse

You don't get people, no one owns them. You have the opportunity to retain them. Huge difference.

My former employer was purchased and until the time of purchase had significant profits. Now the majority of what I would consider key employees left and took their business and knowledge with them.

So yeah its more about people than anything but you still need to convince and pay them to stay with you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think they are more than capable of paying them to stick around and I'm pretty sure that was in the negotiation process

He will look great in a Toyota

Doesn't everybody?

No.

1625169912018.png

This makes me wonder, @Revman , were you a Toyota racing fan even when they were just getting their start in NASCAR? Fan of Toyota in other racing series before they entered NASCAR?

I think they are more than capable of paying them to stick around and I'm pretty sure that was in the negotiation process
Paying people is only part of it. Believe me I've dealt with this stuff. Unless people signed contracts with trackhouse to be a employee beyond CGR ownership they're "free agents". Loyalty is a big thing in any business. If you lose a couple key people, for whatever reason, it can be very suprising the amount of talent they can take with them.

Do I think everyone walks out at the end of the year? No. But I also think it would be foolish to assume that everyone stays.

Probably a third of the people at Ganassi (and everywhere else too) are going to be in the street at the end of the year if not sooner anyway. If you are offered a spot to stay with the team, you probably better take it.

Everyone realizes Trackhouse works out of a section of RCR. RCR does most of the prep work on their cars, also Chip is no dummy.

When his Ford program in IMSA ended, he brought in Marcus Ericsson to CGR and those same workers who were in IMSA went to IndyCar.

Trackhouse is ready to have their own facility and they are going to need it with a second team. Maybe a lot of those employees are able to stay there, I would hope they are. IMHO, Trackhouse first year was to stay as small as possible, then year two begin the expansion...

Paying people is only part of it. Believe me I've dealt with this stuff. Unless people signed contracts with trackhouse to be a employee beyond CGR ownership they're "free agents". Loyalty is a big thing in any business. If you lose a couple key people, for whatever reason, it can be very suprising the amount of talent they can take with them.

Do I think everyone walks out at the end of the year? No. But I also think it would be foolish to assume that everyone stays.

Well unless they have a special skill that another team needs that they dont already have nobody is doing much hiring right now, many employees are going to be looking for another job due to downsizing because of the New Gen car.

Well unless they have a special skill that another team needs that they dont already have nobody is doing much hiring right now, many employees are going to be looking for another job due to downsizing because of the New Gen car.

Yes and no. Yes they'll be some areas hit harder than other, for example fabricators. But they'll be roughly the same number of cars in the field next year so crew chief's, car chief's, pit guys, race engineers..... will not be reduced.

Whenever you have a change in ownership you typically end up with a change in culture, which eventually leads to a change in employees. I'm willing to bet as soon as this news broke some teams where reaching out to members of CGR saying something along the lines of I know things are going to be changing over there if you'd be interested in talking to us we'd be interested in talking to you.

This isn't a lot different than what Mark's did with Chip.

Yes and no. Yes they'll be some areas hit harder than other, for example fabricators. But they'll be roughly the same number of cars in the field next year so crew chief's, car chief's, pit guys, race engineers..... will not be reduced.

Whenever you have a change in ownership you typically end up with a change in culture, which eventually leads to a change in employees. I'm willing to bet as soon as this news broke some teams where reaching out to members of CGR saying something along the lines of I know things are going to be changing over there if you'd be interested in talking to us we'd be interested in talking to you.

This isn't a lot different than what Mark's did with Chip.

Lord have mercy. I guess I dont know what Im talking about.

Now that Dale Jr says the only road block keeping from running cup next year is a charter, how long will it be before he cuts a deal with RWR

No.

View attachment 56209

This makes me wonder, @Revman , were you a Toyota racing fan even when they were just getting their start in NASCAR? Fan of Toyota in other racing series before they entered NASCAR?
Yes. Absolutely. Rooted for them to make the field. Loved it when they did. As passionate in those goals as I am now. First race I ever went to, WE finished 11th, and I soiled myself. Can't wait for @StandOnIt jet fuel reference in 3-2-1......Whatevs that was MWR thing. Mikey damn near lost Toyota at that point.

Yes, since IMSA days in the 90's....badass Gurney Eagles with the turbo 4 cylinders pumping out 1,000 hp....Oh those were the days! Fourteen wins in a row! Got MY ass kicked in F1. Still waiting for the legit LeMans win.

Guess you are asking because you are calling into question my loyalty....all good....my comment was what we might call sarcastic....here is the overdue emoji....Apologies for the confusion.... :sarcasm:

A guy that I think is a huge part of the early success of trackhouse that doesn't seem to get credit is Ty Norris. He's definitely capable of assembling a championship contending team.

A guy that I think is a huge part of the early success of trackhouse that doesn't seem to get credit is Ty Norris. He's definitely capable of assembling a championship contending team.

Ty's reputation got soiled by the MWR stuff. Unfortunate on many levels.

What's unfortunate is that he did what he did with Bowyer's itchy arm, etc. It's not unfortunate that he got caught. Everyone knew it, including Dale Jr. who said what happened on his in-car radio in real time. It's not unfortunate that he got punished and got his reputation soiled.

It's not unfortunate "on many levels." It's unfortunate on just *one* level... that he did what he did.

This is true.

What's unfortunate is that he did what he did with Bowyer's itchy arm, etc. It's not unfortunate that he got caught. Everyone knew it, including Dale Jr. who said what happened on his in-car radio in real time. It's not unfortunate that he got punished and got his reputation soiled.

It's not unfortunate "on many levels." It's unfortunate on just *one* level... that he did what he did.
This is also true.

In my opinion, society has a problem with shaming and defining a person for a single bad deed mixed in with a lifetime of good deeds.

This is true.

This is also true.

In my opinion, society has a problem with shaming and defining a person for a single bad deed mixed in with a lifetime of good deeds.

I agree, it's that whole takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a moment to soil it thing.
I'd say it's long past time to forgive all involved for that deed. They were not the only team playing games that day.

They were not the only team playing games that day.
This.....and that permeates many levels of unfortunate. @LewTheShoe you and I both know what Jr. knew immediately what had happened. This got rolling, NAPA got high and mighty....and well, yes, the rest is history. It shouldn't have ever been that big of a deal. Flame away.

I agree, it's that whole takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a moment to soil it thing.
I'd say it's long past time to forgive all involved for that deed. They were not the only team playing games that day.
If I remember correctly, Eury had drilled out the centers of the fasteners on Jr's spoiler to help get the air out of the car, and somebody else had an oil door inside the car that would open up at speed

Back
Top Bottom