Ganassi leaving NASCAR, selling team to Trackhouse

Marks said he would field a two-car team next year so Kurt is likely out of the 1.
I havent read through all the way yet but Trackhouse has their own charter right before the deal with Ganassi? I assumed this deal would net them 2 more charters to make a 3 car team. So It'd be Suarez, Kurt and Chastain as a team. I havent had a chance to read through the press release and news yet, still at work

Reactions: Pat
I always expected more of CGR as they are my team in Indy Car and I had been a fan of them since Zanardi in CART. When Chip brought over JPM, I was so excited. I really thought they'd make more noise in NASCAR than they ended up making.

I always expected more of CGR as they are my team in Indy Car and I had been a fan of them since Zanardi in CART. When Chip brought over JPM, I was so excited. I really thought they'd make more noise in NASCAR than they ended up making.
Chip did well in NASCAR, its just sports cars and open-wheel racing were more of his things as an owner.

Best owner to come over from IndyCar to do as well as he has in NASCAR for over 20 years. Now he can focus on what he does the best in and hopefully it leads to more exploration in IMSA.

Last edited:
I havent read through all the way yet but Trackhouse has their own charter right before the deal with Ganassi? I assumed this deal would net them 2 more charters to make a 3 car team. So It'd be Suarez, Kurt and Chastain as a team. I havent had a chance to read through the press release and news yet, still at work
One of the charters goes to Kaulig

The charter they’re using now is leased from Spire.

They’ll have 2 next season, not 3.

Mr Marks and Mr Bull aren't playing around.
Beat me to it. Now all eyes turn to 23XI to see how far they'll go. I'm excited to see new blood that's committed. Lord willing, Rick Ware will sell out too.

*Edited for bad wording. I did NOT mean to imply anything disparaging to Ganassi. He was all in. I was just taking a shot at RWR.

Absolutely wild.

Give it 2 years, they're gonna turn Suarez into a contender.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...

While this is good for the sport, doubt you'll see 40 car fields next year now. We thought there would be 2 Trackhouse cars and 2 Ganassi cars next season, so net loss of 2.

While this is good for the sport, doubt you'll see 40 car fields next year now. We thought there would be 2 Trackhouse cars and 2 Ganassi cars next season, so net loss of 2.
but we have GMS, Kaulig, and maybe Jr motorsports coming up with another 23XI

A surprise to be sure! But a welcome one.

I never would’ve guessed this one. But I have long wondered about Chip’s long term future in NASCAR. He’s getting up there in age. And despite his best efforts, his stock car team never could match the success of his IndyCar/CART program (mostly Scott Dixon). He’s bowing out gracefully, while leaving his organization in good hands.

This is outstanding news for Justin Marks, Pitbull, and Daniel Suarez as well. That team has a secured future for years to come. And now has an upgrade of personnel and facilities via Chip Ganassi. I can’t wait to watch the growth of that team. Young blood with deep pockets.

Curious about the 2nd car. Sounds like Suarez is locked into the 99. The 42/1 will be one of Kurt Busch, Ross Chastain, or some other dude yet to be determined. I’d imagine Kurt to 23XI is a certainty at this point. So that leaves Ross, or an unknown. I actually hope they keep Ross in 2022. I’ve been critical of him before. And he can drive like a blockhead at times. But he’s stepped his performance up the last 10 races or so. He deserves his seat.

Tomorrow's news...
Introducing the new Trackhouse co-owner, Carlos Slim.

Absolutely wild.

Give it 2 years, they're gonna turn Suarez into a contender.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I don't know man. From a non-race winner to contender in two years? The playing field will be different, however, with the new car.

Maybe RWR will expand. :XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

Did Rick Ware get snookered? Someone here at R-F was saying RWR planned to sell two of his four charters this year. But now with this Ganassi/Trackhouse deal, the demand for charters just declined by two. The 23XI team is still in the market for one, but who else is looking to acquire a charter?

GMS hasn't acquired a charter yet, have they?

I'm shocked. He's got the skills, so I have found it strange they haven't been making much noise. I hope Trackhouse will fair much better.

Kurt is a great driver and seems to put any car he drives in the top 10-15. Not to mention he’s well spoken and good to his sponsors. I think that is exactly the kind of weekly performance 23Xl needs right now.

It is fitting that Justin Marks' lone NASCAR win (among the top 3 series, at least) came while driving for Chip Ganassi. Now, nearly 5 years later, he will be taking over ownership of the whole organization. Daniel Suarez has been impressive this year, far exceeding expectations, and hopefully this means that Trackhouse will only continue to improve!

Baby smoking.gif

I didn't see this one coming.

I guess I don't see this as big of a deal as some other people are. I mean besides the charters and whatever real estate what is he really getting? Very little, if any of the racing equipment will have a substantial value. People are people so he didn't get the employees in the deal, he got the opportunity to try to retain them. They don't have an engine program so he didn't really buy any technology. The fabrication/metal working equipment has some value.

I do have to admit Pit Bull seems a whole lot more invested in this sport than I would have imagined.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I didn't see this one coming.

I guess I don't see this as big of a deal as some other people are. I mean besides the charters and whatever real estate what is he really getting? Very little, if any of the racing equipment will have a substantial value. People are people so he didn't get the employees in the deal, he got the opportunity to try to retain them. They don't have an engine program so he didn't really buy any technology. The fabrication/metal working equipment has some value.

I do have to admit Pit Bull seems a whole lot more invested in this sport than I would have imagined.

they are getting great people that have worked together for years. racing is more about people than cars.

Trackhouse is using RCR cars and they with Suarez are running a bit slower than Dillion and Reddick. Comparing both teams to Ganassi with Kurt and Chastain, there is not a whole lot of difference between all three companies in the standings. It will be interesting to see next year how all this pans out. Marks is saying he wants to keep the RCR cooperation. I think Ganassi was buying Hendrick stuff. :idunno:

they are getting great people that have worked together for years. racing is more about people than cars.
You don't get people, no one owns them. You have the opportunity to retain them. Huge difference.

My former employer was purchased and until the time of purchase had significant profits. Now the majority of what I would consider key employees left and took their business and knowledge with them.

So yeah its more about people than anything but you still need to convince and pay them to stay with you.

Back
Top Bottom