Garage/Pit Lane COVID Protocols

NASCAR can mandate anything they want. Employees can also present exemptions for anything they want. It’s a human resources battle that isn’t worth the time. That is why most employers are not willing to die on that hill.

For the employees that feel they will be protected by the vaccine and receive it, they have nothing to worry about from those that don’t receive it. For the employees that exempt the vaccine, they have nothing to worry about from those that have been vaccinated.

With Haley testing positive, Nascar can't let him wander around the pits and take a chance of infecting others who choose not to get the vaccination.

IMO there's a big difference between anti-vax and allowing people the freedom to make their own choices. I'm part of the second group.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No argument with that but the general public may have a different read or interpretation. Even if not the case the perception alone is often enough to scare the corporate suits.

as of 5/13. Doesn't say anything about testing, but I would assume they are doing it because of Haley testing positive.

NASCAR says its focus is on encouraging everyone to get vaccinated and preventing indoor spread of COVID-19.

NASCAR last weekend had a soft re-opening of the garage area and allowed 350 fully vaccinated sponsors and guests into the competition footprint at Darlington Raceway. It was a trial run to set policy moving forward. The garage is closed at Dover this weekend but will be open to 550 sponsors and guests at Circuit of the Americas in Texas next week.

NASCAR is not requiring its competitors be vaccinated, only guests and media who enter the garage area.

That's funny because I know a lot a people in the medical field that have chosen not to get the shot.

Well that's just fine, but "people in the medical field" gives 0 credibility. I couldn't give **** 1 about what an occupational therapist thinks about vaccinations. Give me a Doctor who specializes in infectious diseases and safe vaccines....now I am listening. I know one of those guys, and he says there is no excuse to not be vaccinated. Don't bother shooting the messenger.

That is what I heard from a health care professional. She said sometines Covid can attack a person's heart, lungs, liver etc or all of the above. Take care dirtfan you got this.
That sounds so much like an auto-immune disease. Mine attacks my liver

NASCAR says its focus is on encouraging everyone to get vaccinated and preventing indoor spread of COVID-19.
While Mr. Short Track Racin' shares that his case was a bad cold.....and Mr. Everything says it's a personal choice. Where is that quote from Bill France Sr. when we need it? If NASCAR thinks it is important to have the headliners in the cars, then ball up and mandate getting stuck.

If you got the shot, then do not worry about who did not, you are safe safe safe with the miracle fast tracked vaccine, the Government says.
It's that simple, it is a personal choice. :idunno: :booya:
Yeah, just like all of the infections and deaths were personal choices.

Ok, not trying to be a smart a__, but it will sound that way. Who cares? A problem of this whole ordeal has been too many people worrying about what other people do or don't do. We don't complain much about our neighbor making a rolling stop at the stop sign, which is actually illegal. Not sure why we care about what someone else is legally doing.
@dirtfan cares....and so do I.

If you got the shot, then do not worry about who did not, you are safe safe safe with the miracle fast tracked vaccine, the Government says.
It's that simple, it is a personal choice. :idunno: :booya:
It's a personal choice that impacts others. So.....it is certainly a choice, but personal? I don't agree. We all have a responsibility and ability to send this SOB pandemic, and get back to normal.....and shut the ****** politicians up who are running their mouths about **** they do not understand.

It's a personal choice that impacts others. So.....it is certainly a choice, but personal? I don't agree.
Everyone has their own agency and their own personal responsibility. If you want the most protection, make the personal choice to get vaccinated. If you don’t care for the vaccine, your potential infection is your own responsibility - not the person next to you who is also unvaccinated. If you don’t care for the vaccine and don’t want to risk infection, stay away from people until you change your mind. It’s all a matter of personal responsibility and personal risk assessment.

I can't speak for everyone, but I had it twice within a 7 month period last year, complete with a hospital stay and more blood transfusions than I can count the second time around. Was laid up for months before I felt back to "normal" again. So yes, it is possible to get it more than once, anti-bodies or not...
So did you or are you getting vaccinated?

While Mr. Short Track Racin' shares that his case was a bad cold.....and Mr. Everything says it's a personal choice. Where is that quote from Bill France Sr. when we need it? If NASCAR thinks it is important to have the headliners in the cars, then ball up and mandate getting stuck.
Its not that easy, even Tim Richmond took NASCAR to task and that was a drug issue. God forbid if NASCAR tried to keep a driver out for a non vaccine reason.

I'm not getting the vaccine. For 1 I've already had it and 2 its my body my choice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sdj
I'll just put this here for all to enjoy.

“Overall, we rate Health Impact News a Quackery level pseudoscience website for the promotion of anti-vaccination propaganda as well as chemtrails, geoengineering, and false information regarding GMOs.”

While we are on the subject of the Virus, enjoy.

“Overall, we rate Health Impact News a Quackery level pseudoscience website for the promotion of anti-vaccination propaganda as well as chemtrails, geoengineering, and false information regarding GMOs.”

Who or whom is we.

I'll just put this here for all to enjoy.

120 million people have gotten the vaccine in just the US alone. 346 million worldwide. The chance of being killed or injured from the vaccine for a normal healthy adult human is less than .001%. That is far less dangerous than the chance of death from contracting COVID-19.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions. Please do so with appropriate information.

Who and who? I don't understand the reference of these nicknames. Help me out here, I'm a bit slow sometimes :wacko:
Joey and Chase....the only Chase that matters.

Everyone has their own agency and their own personal responsibility. If you want the most protection, make the personal choice to get vaccinated. If you don’t care for the vaccine, your potential infection is your own responsibility - not the person next to you who is also unvaccinated. If you don’t care for the vaccine and don’t want to risk infection, stay away from people until you change your mind. It’s all a matter of personal responsibility and personal risk assessment.
I would agree with you in just about every other context, but not this one. Herd immunity is dependent upon 70% of the population making a choice that impacts them personally AND collectively. It's the collective part that takes this from a "....do your own thing..." mentality to a "...do it for you and for the collective good..." mentality. When you refuse the vaccine, you are making a personal choice, but also a choice about where we will be with this collectively. I do understand that each person has a right to choose, but I also understand that we have failed as a society to fix this with behavior changes. That was a choice too. COVID tells us again and again....we are in this together....even if we don't like it. ....and to the point of this thread--that means the freaking drivers too who want to see the money people back in the garage because those money people pay the bills. Betcha they back off the personal choice thing when it comes to the pocket book. Until the sanctioning body balls up, I would (if I had the chance) ask the drivers to shut the hell up if they aren't contributing to the 70%. Not sure one of them is smart enough to counter what the science is telling us.

Its not that easy, even Tim Richmond took NASCAR to task and that was a drug issue. God forbid if NASCAR tried to keep a driver out for a non vaccine reason.
They said that pre-COVID about practice and qualifying. Everything changed. Pandemics have a way of making things happen. BTW Richmond would be the embodiment of "personal choice" impacting others. We know he died. We don't know how many others did as a result of his "personal choices."

I'm not getting the vaccine. For 1 I've already had it and 2 its my body my choice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Have a t-shirt made, and mask up my friend.

Well, we went off into the Wild Blue Yonder--I am completely guilty of this all of the time--So, back to my bottom line.....Vaccinate those who want to get into pit lane and garages? I agree!....and that includes EVERYBODY that wants that access including those who need it the most...the freaking drivers. Enjoy the races this weekend! I am looking for three in a row, and a chance to add to my MTJ thread!

I would agree with you in just about every other context, but not this one. Herd immunity is dependent upon 70% of the population making a choice that impacts them personally AND collectively. It's the collective part that takes this from a "....do your own thing..." mentality to a "...do it for you and for the collective good..." mentality. When you refuse the vaccine, you are making a personal choice, but also a choice about where we will be with this collectively. I do understand that each person has a right to choose, but I also understand that we have failed as a society to fix this with behavior changes. That was a choice too. COVID tells us again and again....we are in this together....even if we don't like it. ....and to the point of this thread--that means the freaking drivers too who want to see the money people back in the garage because those money people pay the bills. Betcha they back off the personal choice thing when it comes to the pocket book. Until the sanctioning body balls up, I would (if I had the chance) ask the drivers to shut the hell up if they aren't contributing to the 70%. Not sure one of them is smart enough to counter what the science is telling us.
TFG told his followers not to believe in science. Only believe in him. Not a cult leader at all.

We could use the personal responsibility mantra with regard to driving. Want the most protection on the road? Get your license, take a driving safety class, drive a vehicle with high safety ratings. Whether the other drivers on the road have passed a basic test and are licensed, or whether or not they are driving while inebriated, that's their business and theirs alone. Freedom baby.

We could, but we don't, because that sort of philosophy falls apart when it concerns communal matters such as communicable illnesses.

Back
Top Bottom