Gen 7 Test @ Roval

Did I say anything about the Daytona 500 being the opener?

No.

My statement was that they could move the Daytona 500 to Mexico and people would defend it. Meaning, they could announce that the Daytona 500 will now take place at the Mexico City road course and doing away with the Daytona International Speedway, and some people would find a way to justify it.
Why do you care so much about what other people think?

1633989039475.jpeg

The new manufacturers excuse for less HP is BS, Indycar and F1 upped the horsepower in their cars and they got new manufacturers

Toyota is heavily rumored to be joining Indycar, while F1 got Audi and Porsche.

It's a BS excuse for Steve to justify his ****** package. They don't want to invest in NASCAR because thanks to jokers like him that believe their own lies, our sport has managed to decline even further than it did 10 years ago. They don't see it as worth it anymore

Rumor has it that...

Yap Yap Harvick is secretly glad that a heated debate has broken out about car numbers sliding forward a few inches, rather than everybody talking about his "Danica moment" yesterday versus the 9 car.

The new manufacturers excuse for less HP is BS, Indycar and F1 upped the horsepower in their cars and they got new manufacturers

Toyota is heavily rumored to be joining Indycar, while F1 got Audi and Porsche.

It's a BS excuse for Steve to justify his ****** package. They don't want to invest in NASCAR because thanks to jokers like him that believe their own lies, our sport has managed to decline even further than it did 10 years ago. They don't see it as worth it anymore
Lol.

Porsche/Audi are interested in one thing and that's the push for Biofuel to save ICE engines. Literally only reason why their joining the F1 fold, its not even official yet.

Everything has to make sense in the grand scheme of things for manufacturers to jump in.

I still say the engine rulebook should be expanded upon, but it comes at a heavy price to develop different engine configurations.

Apparently Larson and Chase were splitting time in the 5 car today. Originally Chase was not announced as one of the test drivers.

Jimmie Johnson quote from 2014...

"No rule change is cheap anymore. Because it’s not just a single piece or component to change; there is a domino effect that changes a lot of things," Johnson said. "I don’t know what to think to be honest with you. I like the power, power has been good for me. If you look at my Nationwide stats versus my Cup stats, I need power. I wish they would add more horsepower to the cars.

"We are all trying as drivers and members of this sport to say what is best for the racing," Johnson said. "If it’s reduction in power that makes competitive racing, I think we're all more than willing to get on board and to go down that road. But it’s not a guarantee in my opinion and an example was at Michigan (during a recent test session). There was a tire test, and they took the power out of the 21 car (of driver Trevor Bayne), and his center-of-the-corner speed went up almost 10 miles an hour than what an unrestricted engine was running at. I’m not sure those eight miles an hour through the center of the corner is going to allow us to run comfortably through the corner side-by-side. Now we’ve picked up a lot of speed through the corners, and are the tires going to hold up? Is the suspension going to hold up? It costs a lot of money to even put a tapered spacer on the car. We’re going to go and work to change all the internals to maximize the role that the engine performs. So I sympathize with NASCAR because there isn’t an easy way to go about things."

For me I am not a huge fan of lower power, it seems like they're going too low. If this diffuser can really mitigate the effects of dirty air, I don't see what the point is for 550 HP.

The new cars are fabulous. I completely support this new direction, and applaud NASCAR for growing interest by providing content for this test. I think we may lose some drivers over it, and I am fine with that. I do not like Kyle's and/or Martin's negative insinuations about the new piece. I hate spec....and I get that the case could be made that there is much of this with Next Gen, but the heart of the beast is manufacturer exclusive. Given the potential cost savings, and attracting new sponsors, this is a brilliant direction for the sport. Love it.

For everyone that has been fawning over the sound of the cars, I'd listen to one of these just idle or roll down pitroad ALL DAY! Back-in-the-day helped build a Super-Duty 4 cyl for dirt track mini-stock. Ran against a bunch of 2.0 Esslinger OHC Fords. The Super-duty sounded like a small block when idling thru the pits. Everyone loved it! But the driver sucked. Wasn't me...

Back
Top Bottom