Get out of the way Logano

Turtle84

Hail Melon 🍉
Trying to cause havoc with the leaders when you're 24 laps down... your day was ruined don't try to ruin someone else's day. If you can make up 3 laps on Smithley, then you can do it without jacking with the leader of the race.

I've sided with Logano on most of his dealings, but this was just a dumb move on his part.

It is a product of the playoff system. If keeping yourself from going 25 laps down gained a position and a point, it could be worth it. Jimmie Johnson would have given the world for one more point in the first round last year. People got what they wanted with this jackass point system, now live with all of the consequences that arise because of it.

MTJ fussed at his spotter like an entitled 5 year old towards a lapped car and threatened to wreck him.

Joey Logano is actually racing and not just letting guys go by him.

Act like a champion in the top stock car racing association in the country, not a child with a wet diaper.

MTJ fussed at his spotter like an entitled 5 year old towards a lapped car and threatened to wreck him.

Act like a champion in the top stock car racing association in the country, not a child with a wet diaper.

Most drivers I have ever heard could be called cry babies.
Always pissed at another driver or the car.
Lots of pressure and passion, and a radio to hollar at, it is the nature of the beast.

racing would sound better if all comments were muted including announcers and drivers.

It is a product of the playoff system. If keeping yourself from going 25 laps down gained a position and a point, it could be worth it. Jimmie Johnson would have given the world for one more point in the first round last year. People got what they wanted with this jackass point system, now live with all of the consequences that arise because of it.

Well said

I say race hard, Hard, HARD for position or to remain on the lead lap, or even to stay one lap down rather than going down a second lap. Many people on here criticize Newman for driving that way, but I think they're wrong to do so.

But if you're 25 laps down with nothing to gain, like Logano was today, show professional courtesy to the drivers racing for the win. What goes around comes around. JMO.

Seems like that's a weekly thing for Truex over the last few years. I think most/all drivers complain about lapped traffic, but nobody as often or as dramatically as MTJ.

As a driver, putting myself in the leader's shoes, knowing how difficult it was to pass and that I'm occupying the preferred line 24 laps down, I'd race how I would want to be raced if I was the leader of a playoff race. The possibility of some far off chance of gaining a point that I wouldn't gain anyway, would seem less likely to me, than this coming back to bite me in the next race or some other time where I was either a) leading or b) actually fighting for position. I would not pick this spot to put up a fight, I just wouldn't.

I agree it is a product of the playoff system to force them into these type's of situations, it's exactly what they want.

He's a cool dude. Very spoiled though. He acts like a guy who hasn't earned it.

The fact that Larson has 6 wins for CGR is telling.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Logano has been listening to Burton too much. Points maater, everything in the chase maaters.

I say race hard, Hard, HARD for position or to remain on the lead lap, or even to stay one lap down rather than going down a second lap. Many people on here criticize Newman for driving that way, but I think they're wrong to do so.

But if you're 25 laps down with nothing to gain, like Logano was today, show professional courtesy to the drivers racing for the win. What goes around comes around. JMO.

The thing is, you CAN'T say there is nothing to gain. Logano finished two laps behind the #54 car. If Logano manages to save a lap, and Smithley manages to lose another lap, you could be talking about a point, and as much as everyone likes to bash Jeff Burton for saying it, every point DOES matter, and in fact always HAS mattered. As I said, ask Jimmie about last year, ask Bill Elliott about 1992. When you are talking about playoff drivers, and you are talking about laps down cars that can run competitive lap speeds like the #22 today, you can't just dismiss the ability to pick up points.

Racing when he’s 20 plus laps down lol.

Did the 22 affect the finish of today's race or anybody's final results? Nope!!! So move on quit bitching about nothin

Hamlin feels differently. Was in the lead before he got to the 22, never got back to the lead after dealing with the 22.

They also have a not so nice history.

Hamlin feels differently. Was in the lead before he got to the 22, never got back to the lead after dealing with the 22.

They also have a not so nice history.

Hopefully they revive the rivalry. I would love to see them take each other out of the playoffs. I think Denny has learned his lesson though. Logano should know better after the Kenseth incident, but I'm not so sure.

Racing when he’s 20 plus laps down lol.

Exactly, I saw your posts during the race thread you’re 100% right. As always this forum bases how they view things based on what drivers are involved. Imagine if chase Elliott lose a race because a 30 lap down Logano was blocking lol

Exactly, I saw your posts during the race thread you’re 100% right. As always this forum bases how they view things based on what drivers are involved. Imagine if chase Elliott lose a race because a 30 lap down Logano was blocking lol

Hell i also be mad if Chase was the one doing it myself. Like I wouldn’t be shocked if Joey gets took out next week.

Hell i also be mad if Chase was the one doing it myself. Like I wouldn’t be shocked if Joey gets took out next week.

If he blocks how he normally blocks on the plate tracks nobody is cutting him a brake after today

Hopefully they revive the rivalry. I would love to see them take each other out of the playoffs. I think Denny has learned his lesson though. Logano should know better after the Kenseth incident, but I'm not so sure.

Denny seems calm and in good spirits even after this, he's thinking big picture championship I think. Logano has had frustration building for weeks going back to Darlington and Vegas damage, they haven't been as good as usual, he seems set on BK approach of not lifting.

The thing is, you CAN'T say there is nothing to gain. Logano finished two laps behind the #54 car. If Logano manages to save a lap, and Smithley manages to lose another lap, you could be talking about a point, and as much as everyone likes to bash Jeff Burton for saying it, every point DOES matter, and in fact always HAS mattered. As I said, ask Jimmie about last year, ask Bill Elliott about 1992. When you are talking about playoff drivers, and you are talking about laps down cars that can run competitive lap speeds like the #22 today, you can't just dismiss the ability to pick up points.

there were three or 4 cars within 5 laps or less of Logano and if the race had a caution or two it would have made a difference. But this thread isn't about that it doesn't look like. Fact of the matter is he is in the chase and ya don't lay down for nobody until the season is over.

Seems like that's a weekly thing for Truex over the last few years. I think most/all drivers complain about lapped traffic, but nobody as often or as dramatically as MTJ.
Considering he was 5 car lengths or more behind him, it does show the depth of his character.
very shallow

Glad we're judging drivers characters by what they're doing out on the racetrack. :rolleyes:

No. The Newman-Dibenedetto situation was so different. Newman was on the lead lap and Dibenedetto winning would've knocked him out of the playoffs. Logano's day was already over.
I was talking more in general about how Newman is notoriously hard to pass, not just one incident.

Then don't be shocked when he takes that person out

Funny, that Logano won the war the last time Hamlin and Truex got upset at him.

I'm genuinely concerned about the 22 team, they have not shown the same speed they had from the first half of the season. Dega is in Penske's wheelhouse, it would be a great turn-around for Logano. I expect him to turn the wick up to 11 come next week, its going to be a bloodbath next week. A lot of take and no give.

Logano was racing trying to get everything out of their ruined day. How he raced is a product of the system in place, its what NASCAR wanted. These guys are playing the hand they are given and every point matters no matter on lap or twenty plus laps down. I didn't have a problem with it, but once again if Truex is complaining about traffic, again. I'm not surprised IMO, but emotions run a high at the same time.

Most drivers I have ever heard could be called cry babies.
Always pissed at another driver or the car.
Lots of pressure and passion, and a radio to hollar at, it is the nature of the beast.
Boy howdy!

Most drivers 20-something laps down get out of the way of faster cars, especially the ones on the lead lap. It's respect. Maybe Truex never did that for Logano and he's just getting back. Maybe Logano was just being a jerk about it. If a guy is that many laps down and in the way, the other driver needs to move him.

For as much as some love to shoot down 'what if's' and 'shoulda coulda' hypotheticals. Did Logano gain any positions off racing Hamlin hard? Nope. Still finished behind Smithley.

Dreaming up some scenario for a future scenario, to justify going hard at the leader 24 laps down because he's in the playoffs.

I'm with Denny on this one, you have to pick your battles for when the situation is reversed.

THIS! I was as baffled as anyone about his racing hard but this instance, as remote as it appears, could be huge in a couple or last race.
But it’s Logano so it doesn’t make sense.

THIS! I was as baffled as anyone about his racing hard but this instance, as remote as it appears, could be huge in a couple or last race.
But it’s Logano so it doesn’t make sense.

Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards is another example of a Cup championship being decided by a tiebreaker.
I'm not baffled or surprised, nobody listens to Burton jumping up n down saying points matter, every point matters, and then Burton turns around and is running off at the mouth about somebody doing it in a race. Either he is as stupid as he looks or he has an agenda.

Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards is another example of a Cup championship being decided by a tiebreaker.
I'm not baffled or surprised, nobody listens to Burton jumping up n down saying points matter, every point matters, and then Burton turns around and is running off at the mouth about somebody doing it in a race. Either he is as stupid as he looks or he has an agenda.
NASCAR and Fox have an agenda. The booth crew just executes it.

Racin', rubbin', wrecking, paybacks and revenge on paybacks! The chase is awesome because it makes everyone crazy. You just have to love it or hate it for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom