Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by Get That 88 Up There !!, Feb 28, 2017.

1. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Anyone watching today?

2. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

Hmmm Tiger 4 birds

3. If Koepka ends up winning. He will have 4 PGA Tour wins, 3 of them majors. Da hell

4. Tiger’s Iron/wedge play is on god mode right now. Jesus Christ

Mopardh9 and DUN24 like this.
  5. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Setting up to be a great finish here.

6. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

Not a golf fan, but nothing else is on. Why do so many fans run and surround the ball when it goes into the rough?

7. Try to get on TV, get video, up close view etc.

8. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Koepka puts me to sleep. Does this guy have any fans? It's bad enough he went to FSU.

9. Koepka is the biggest disappearing act in golf. Dude is about to have 3 majors and besides has only one other pga tour win. Strangest thing.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  10. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

He's the guy who diehard NASCAR fans think Kyle Larson is...doesn't really care about golf. Think he said he'd rather be doing baseball or something. Only showing up in majors makes sense in that context.

11. Larson to me looks like he would rather dirt race IMO. He is one of my boys but his career is going nowhere driving for Chip. I think he stays there cause Chip lets him do whatever he wants

12. That miss by Scott all but guarantees Koepka winning. Hasn’t made one mistake today really

13. I’m pretty sure a ****ing rock shows more emotion that Brooks

14. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

That was fun to watch. Good to see Tiger play well.

Mopardh9 likes this.
  15. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

Did not expect such a hot take in a golf thread.

Anyways, I watched the finish, good to see Tiger doing so well.

16. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

Winning two majors in a year is impressive as hell

17. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Well what do you know Tiger wins

FLRacingFan likes this.
  18. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

19. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

It's an awesome win --- less than 2 years after fusion surgery on his spine.

20. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Greatest comeback in sports history. And I'll say it, everyone wants to use Jack's 18 majors as the measuring stick for greatness in golf - that's outdated thinking. This is it now. Tiger officially put a stamp on being the greatest of all time Sunday.

This man has had multiple major surgeries on his body, and each time he had to basically re-teach himself how to swing a golf club and re-train those muscles to work in that manner. He couldn't even chip a year ago. He hit rock bottom in his personal life for a 2nd time last year, not that this has any affect on his physical ability, but mentally the guy has dealt with his fair share of troubles over the years and that alone would undo most. He climbed from 1199th in the world to 13th in 1 season, he nearly won 2 majors and 3-4 other tournaments throughout the course of the season. And oh yeah, he finished 2nd in the FedEx Cup standings by literally inches.

He is the greatest athlete at his sport in history. He's done enough. And he's still going...

Mopardh9 likes this.