Golf Thread

Koepka is the biggest disappearing act in golf. Dude is about to have 3 majors and besides has only one other pga tour win. Strangest thing.
He's the guy who diehard NASCAR fans think Kyle Larson is...doesn't really care about golf. Think he said he'd rather be doing baseball or something. Only showing up in majors makes sense in that context.

He's the guy who diehard NASCAR fans think Kyle Larson is...doesn't really care about golf. Think he said he'd rather be doing baseball or something. Only showing up in majors makes sense in that context.
Larson to me looks like he would rather dirt race IMO. He is one of my boys but his career is going nowhere driving for Chip. I think he stays there cause Chip lets him do whatever he wants

Larson to me looks like he would rather dirt race IMO. He is one of my boys but his career is going nowhere driving for Chip. I think he stays there cause Chip lets him do whatever he wants

Did not expect such a hot take in a golf thread.

Anyways, I watched the finish, good to see Tiger doing so well.

Dn0AyytXcAMUVWG.jpg

Greatest comeback in sports history. And I'll say it, everyone wants to use Jack's 18 majors as the measuring stick for greatness in golf - that's outdated thinking. This is it now. Tiger officially put a stamp on being the greatest of all time Sunday.

This man has had multiple major surgeries on his body, and each time he had to basically re-teach himself how to swing a golf club and re-train those muscles to work in that manner. He couldn't even chip a year ago. He hit rock bottom in his personal life for a 2nd time last year, not that this has any affect on his physical ability, but mentally the guy has dealt with his fair share of troubles over the years and that alone would undo most. He climbed from 1199th in the world to 13th in 1 season, he nearly won 2 majors and 3-4 other tournaments throughout the course of the season. And oh yeah, he finished 2nd in the FedEx Cup standings by literally inches.

He is the greatest athlete at his sport in history. He's done enough. And he's still going...

Great to see Rickie close the deal and win the WM Open today. Always a solid field and great atmosphere at Scottsdale.
That was an outstanding finish . The shot out of the church pews on 18 was awesome. Glad to see Rickie get that AZ WM monkey off his back.This has always been one of my favorite tournaments.

Now that was the darkest finish I have ever seen at Pebble yesterday.
Going to finish the last few holes today 11a.m. EST. Phil is up by 3.
Good to see Lucas Glover back in the top part of the leader board.

And Phil gets his 5th Pebble victory this morning. (Hope I didn't spoil any ones dvr recording!)
Other than his win over that Tiger tournament, this was his first win on US soil since I think
they said 2013, that's been a while.

JB Holmes survived some poor putting to take Riviera!! Off to the WGC in Mexico next week....

Whoever thought an eggsalad sandwich would be a good combo with beer?
Only at The Masters.

Rainy spring weather should play a role this weekend at some point.

TV schedule for The Masters 2019

Wed., April 10

• 7-9 a.m.: Morning Drive (Golf Channel)
  • 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Live from the Masters (Golf Channel)
  • 9 -11 a.m.: On the Range (Masters.com)
  • 2-5 p.m.: Masters Par-3 Contest (Masters.com)
  • 3-5 p.m.: Masters Par-3 Contest (ESPN)
Thursday, April 11

• 6-8 a.m.: Morning Drive (Golf Channel)
  • 8 a.m – 3 p.m.: Live from the Masters (Golf Channel)
  • 7:45-8:30 a.m.: Honorary Starters (Masters.com)
  • 8:30-10:30 a.m.: On the Range (Masters.com)
  • 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Featured group coverage (Masters.com)
  • 10:45 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Amen Corner live feed (Masters.com)
  • 11:45 a.m. – 7 p.m.: Holes 15 and 16 live feed (Masters.com)
  • 3 -7:30 p.m.: First-round broadcast coverage (ESPN)
Friday, April 12

• 6-8 a.m.: Morning Drive (Golf Channel)
  • 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Live from the Masters (Golf Channel)
  • 8:30-10:30 a.m.: On the Range (Masters.com)
  • 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Featured group coverage (Masters.com)
  • 10:45 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Amen Corner live feed (Masters.com)
  • 11:45 a.m. – 7 p.m.: Holes 15 and 16 live feed (Masters.com)
  • 3-7:30 p.m.: First-round broadcast coverage (ESPN)
Saturday, April 13

• 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Live from the Masters (Golf Channel)
  • 11 a.m. – 1 pm: On the Range (Masters.com)
  • 11:15 a.m. – 7 pm: Featured group coverage (Masters.com)
  • 12:30-6 p.m.: Amen Corner live feed (Masters.com)
  • 1:30-6:30 p.m.: Holes 15 and 16 live feed (Masters.com)
  • 3-7 p.m.: Third-round broadcast coverage (CBS)
Sunday, April 14

• 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Live from the Masters (Golf Channel)
  • 10:45 a.m. – 7 p.m.: Featured group coverage (Masters.com)
  • 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: On the Range (Masters.com)
  • 12-6 p.m.: Amen Corner live feed (Masters.com)
  • 1-6:30 p.m.: Holes 15 and 16 live feed (Masters.com)
  • 2-7 p.m.: Final-round broadcast coverage (CBS)
  • 7 p.m.: Green Jacket ceremony (Masters.com/CBS)
ESPN will also be broadcasting SportsCenter live from Augusta throughout the week.

This is crazy. I can’t think of the nascar equivalent of this happening. It’s gotta be when Jeff Gordon won the 2014 Brickyard. Or if Gordon came out of retirement and won the Daytona 500.

Back
Top Bottom