Golf Thread

Turtle84

underglow

Gritty win by Jason Kokrak yesterday. Excellent show of sportsmanship by Jordan Spieth in his home state of Texas at Colonial CC, as there were some real-time hecklers that wanted to see Kokrak stumble, Spieth instead tried to quiet them, big props for that. Excellent for the game of golf too, Jordan is fun to watch, and his magic around the greens you can't take your eye off of. Very good to see his hot streak continue.

Hotrod

Team Owner
1645613623047.png

I am just really all Phil'ed out. The world of two Phils just
has me dizzy. The one side of Phil I like is
when I was at a practice round of "The PGA" major,
he came off the green and handed his ball to a
guy in a wheel chair next to me. This other side of
crazy I just cant connect with after all that professional
golf has given him. I appreciate his "somewhat apologetic"
letter he tweeted but I am not sure it repairs the damage done.

KPMG has left him and if he doesn't start eating a daily helping of crow
quickly, the rest of his sponsors may hit the door.

After all this with Tigers crash and now Phils Saudi Arabia mess,
I really miss the Arnie's and Nicklaus' of the PGA world.

Last edited:

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I'm not a big Tiger fan. I am of his golf but not do much of his life choices. However, watching him limp off of the course after his final hole in this year's Masters, I gotta give him props. That was a helluva comeback, physically/mentally, to get back and compete like the champion he is.

Flashback..... While my aged parents never swung a golf club in their entire life, they tuned in each week to watch Tiger play. He transcends the sport. My parents are long gone to this world but Tiger remains.

Turtle84

underglow
Scottie Scheffler recently reached #1 ranked golfer in the world and has kept the good times rolling with a large lead at Augusta for most of the week, a truly remarkable ascension to the top of the golf ranks in search of his first major/Green Jacket.

the aussie mullet Cam Smith the Player's Champ had a good enough round yesterday and start today to put some pressure on Scheffler to keep performing, but nothing seems to be phasing him at all so far. Scottie Ice.

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
I'm not a big Tiger fan. I am of his golf but not do much of his life choices. However, watching him limp off of the course after his final hole in this year's Masters, I gotta give him props. That was a helluva comeback, physically/mentally, to get back and compete like the champion he is.

Flashback..... While my aged parents never swung a golf club in their entire life, they tuned in each week to watch Tiger play. He transcends the sport. My parents are long gone to this world but Tiger remains.
I watched less than 10 hours of golf in my life, but his comeback is compelling.
The first time I have rooted for him to do well.

Turtle84

underglow
Mito Pereira just absolutely fell apart with a one-shot lead on the final hole of the PGA.

That was an epic meltdown by both Pereira and Zalatoris out of the lead, one of them should have came away with a major win, instead Thomas stole one from way back.

Hotrod

Team Owner
I just dont know what to think of all of this. It will be interesting
to see what the suspended players sponsors have to say about
the choices their players have made. I think most of them
left Phil. All of my favorites are still in the PGA so I am happy with that.
I guess I will miss 400 yd drives from roid boy and his protien shakes.

Hotrod

Team Owner
.......and it will be interesting to see what kind of gallery shows up for the US LIV events.

Hotrod

Team Owner
Quote:

"Effective immediately, Rocket Mortgage has ended its sponsorship agreement with Bryson. We wish him well in his future success."

Turtle84

underglow
It will be interesting to see what the suspended players sponsors have to say about
the choices their players have made.
I guess I will miss 400 yd drives from roid boy and his protien shakes.

If there ever was a guy that should be sponsored by Met-Rx it's DeChambeau.

Top Bottom