Golf Thread

Gritty win by Jason Kokrak yesterday. Excellent show of sportsmanship by Jordan Spieth in his home state of Texas at Colonial CC, as there were some real-time hecklers that wanted to see Kokrak stumble, Spieth instead tried to quiet them, big props for that. Excellent for the game of golf too, Jordan is fun to watch, and his magic around the greens you can't take your eye off of. Very good to see his hot streak continue.

1645613623047.png

I am just really all Phil'ed out. The world of two Phils just
has me dizzy. The one side of Phil I like is
when I was at a practice round of "The PGA" major,
he came off the green and handed his ball to a
guy in a wheel chair next to me. This other side of
crazy I just cant connect with after all that professional
golf has given him. I appreciate his "somewhat apologetic"
letter he tweeted but I am not sure it repairs the damage done.

KPMG has left him and if he doesn't start eating a daily helping of crow
quickly, the rest of his sponsors may hit the door.

After all this with Tigers crash and now Phils Saudi Arabia mess,
I really miss the Arnie's and Nicklaus' of the PGA world.

Last edited:
I'm not a big Tiger fan. I am of his golf but not do much of his life choices. However, watching him limp off of the course after his final hole in this year's Masters, I gotta give him props. That was a helluva comeback, physically/mentally, to get back and compete like the champion he is.

Flashback..... While my aged parents never swung a golf club in their entire life, they tuned in each week to watch Tiger play. He transcends the sport. My parents are long gone to this world but Tiger remains.

Scottie Scheffler recently reached #1 ranked golfer in the world and has kept the good times rolling with a large lead at Augusta for most of the week, a truly remarkable ascension to the top of the golf ranks in search of his first major/Green Jacket.

the aussie mullet Cam Smith the Player's Champ had a good enough round yesterday and start today to put some pressure on Scheffler to keep performing, but nothing seems to be phasing him at all so far. Scottie Ice.

I'm not a big Tiger fan. I am of his golf but not do much of his life choices. However, watching him limp off of the course after his final hole in this year's Masters, I gotta give him props. That was a helluva comeback, physically/mentally, to get back and compete like the champion he is.

Flashback..... While my aged parents never swung a golf club in their entire life, they tuned in each week to watch Tiger play. He transcends the sport. My parents are long gone to this world but Tiger remains.
I watched less than 10 hours of golf in my life, but his comeback is compelling.
The first time I have rooted for him to do well.

Mito Pereira just absolutely fell apart with a one-shot lead on the final hole of the PGA.

Mito Pereira just absolutely fell apart with a one-shot lead on the final hole of the PGA.

That was an epic meltdown by both Pereira and Zalatoris out of the lead, one of them should have came away with a major win, instead Thomas stole one from way back.

I just dont know what to think of all of this. It will be interesting
to see what the suspended players sponsors have to say about
the choices their players have made. I think most of them
left Phil. All of my favorites are still in the PGA so I am happy with that.
I guess I will miss 400 yd drives from roid boy and his protien shakes.

Quote:

"Effective immediately, Rocket Mortgage has ended its sponsorship agreement with Bryson. We wish him well in his future success."

It will be interesting to see what the suspended players sponsors have to say about
the choices their players have made.
I guess I will miss 400 yd drives from roid boy and his protien shakes.

If there ever was a guy that should be sponsored by Met-Rx it's DeChambeau.

I really do hope LIV goes the way of Arena Football.

My uncorraborated opinion is that this is payback for all those
months of $50 a barrel of cude . I remember them telling the US back in 2018
or 2019 they needed to be at around $70 / barrel. They have made
that back and then some. With the extra change, they launched the biggest
sportswashing plot in history.

TV networks need to stay strong and continue to resist signing them.

I was happy for Rory. Scheffler had a break out year. I hope he
doesnt go Jordan Speith on us and have a string of mediocre years .
Zalatoris needs to get that back fixed. 2 herniated discs are no joke.
Its going to be a sad day for me if (when) Cam Smith goes to LIV.
I just became a fan of his this year.

I’m so sad to discover we had a golf thread here. I just noticed it now. On most weekends when a race is on, I’ll be following whatever pga tournament is going on on my pga Tour app. I love golf, wish I had the time to learn to play. It was great watching Rory come back to win the Fed Ex Cup, felt bad for Scottie but let’s hope he keeps up the momentum into next year from his great year this year. The Tour is going to need new stars to fend off the LIV Tour, which I hope doesn’t have a prayer of making it

I actually like LIV but it’s been such a distraction for the sport

It won’t be long before Mickelson and DeChambeault will be eligible for “gimme’s”.

To keep their scores in the 70’s.

Back
Top Bottom