Golf Thread

I still find the incredible stuffiness of Augusta to be hilarious, and I wish Rodney Dangerfield or Bill Murray could burst through the door at any moment.

But the intensity of play and the beauty of the course make up for it.

I still find the incredible stuffiness of Augusta to be hilarious, and I wish Rodney Dangerfield or Bill Murray could burst through the door at any moment.

But the intensity of play and the beauty of the course make up for it.
They really do take themselves so seriously at Augusta, to the point that it’s almost like a SNL Skit. But I guess that’s the charm of the course, the amazing tradition of that place. I wish NASCAR didn’t submarine their traditions....It was great to see Tiger win today, one if my childhood hero’s still doing it in 2019.

I've never been a fan of Tiger. Dude cheated on his wife and has been a pompous a-hole for his entire career. That being said, I gotta give him credit for what is one of the most incredible comebacks of all time.

That was clearly a top 3 sporting event I have ever seen on tv. It had everything !

h_16ANGC09-RBa0381Hc.jpg

Last edited:
Rory better watch out, golf needs another up and coming dominant player. I imagine Koepka's major magic will run out eventually.

2nd year pro Collin Morikawa beat Justin Thomas yesterday in a playoff that took
3 holes at the Workday Tourn. at Muirfield. It was an awesome playoff which took my
attention from the KY Cup race. The tour stays for a second week to play the
famed Memorial Tourn this week in which Tiger will be there. Going to be interesting
to see how the top guys in the Workday do again this week. Interesting times for sure playing
back to back tournaments at the same club, but I like it.

Morikawa is a good young player, solid overall game tee to green.

Well none of my favs panned out during the Memorial. Good win for Rahm though.
He is going to be a top shelf contender for a long time.

2020 womans British Open was held this past weekend.
It was an amazing win by a gal name Sophia Popov . Basically a lower ranked
mini tour player that came in and beat the worlds best. I enjoyed watching
this and was my favorite sports story of the weekend .
1598262984441.png

nice to see Spieth back in contention in back-to-back weeks playing well after seriously struggling with his game the last few years, just needs that final round to break thru all the way. Was getting concerned he was going down the path of Duval, but the confidence seems to be back. Great to see it.

Berger too good for anyone today, eagled the 18th.

I hope he's okay. Hes probably one of my favorite athletes in the world. I've been a fan since gosh...... since 96 or 97 maybe? I hope his injuries arnt serious enough to end what little time he has to play at the most top level of the PGA Tour.

Hideki with a good size lead in the Masters, Zalatoris still in striking distance though, anything can happen

Back
Top Bottom