Gordon's Statement during the 600 is too telling

OldTimer

Team Owner
Wow, just wow....but at least someone finally said it live, on a broadcast. "For the last four or five years the Toyota's and Ford's were cleaning the Chevy's clocks, it is about time they did something about it".

What they did, I do not know for sure. But from a visual standpoint between last year and this year, the hood aspect of the Camaro's are different. And the Xfinity Chevy hoods are still the same as the Cup cars from last year. Can bowing the hood make that much difference? The Ford and Yote's hoods mirror the street hood (in aspect ration only) they are flat and have the same styling indents as the street cars....have not seen a Camaro with a bowed hood on the street or dealership. That is the only thing that I noticed.

Is there more? Do not know.

But this has to stop...no favoritism, just racing...

Only 3 Chevys in the top 10 by points, all Hendrick cars. So yes, they got their act together for whatever reason. All the other Chevys are scattered throughout so I definitely don't see a manufacturer advantage.
It’s more of a HMS advantage. Same one they had when the 24/48 dominated. Awesome teams and drivers are deadly combinations. Combined with Chads leadership....rest of them are in trouble. No awesome drivers yet....but they have potential.

Only 3 Chevys in the top 10 by points, all Hendrick cars. So yes, they got their act together for whatever reason. All the other Chevys are scattered throughout so I definitely don't see a manufacturer advantage.
How about 3 Chevy's in the top 4 and 6 in the top 13?

It isn’t Chad at all. Rick sold his Corvettes, used the extra cash to dump into HMS performance while finding his focus and love for racing again. It’s the Rick Hendricks 2021 Redemption Tour

t’s more of a HMS advantage.
There is no difference between a HMS advantage and a Chevy advantage. We both know that. Same thing could be said of Toyota and JGR. The difference here is that Chevy is just figuring out that sharing information is vital....and the more that are invited to the Hendrick table, the more all will benefit....but not likely that Hendrick will want too much of that. Chad is probably given too much credit for all of that, but whatever.

"For the last four or five years the Toyota's and Ford's were cleaning the Chevy's clocks, it is about time they did something about it".
Missed that, but honestly, I try to block Gordon out. Worst broadcaster ever. Sounds like a eighth grader excited about dancing with the girl of his dreams at the middle school Valentine's Day dance. He would be better bringing Chad is coffee as a daily deal at HMS.

Missed that, but honestly, I try to block Gordon out. Worst broadcaster ever. Sounds like a eighth grader excited about dancing with the girl of his dreams at the middle school Valentine's Day dance. He would be better bringing Chad is coffee as a daily deal at HMS.
So you are saying he sounds just like you do when you talk about Toyota. :D

Chevy got concessions over the offseason on the body change and SHR lost 70 counts of downforce when NASCAR stopped what they were doing in the wheel wells.
You know, this isn't popular around here....let's just keep the complete redesign of the Camaro to ourselves...okay? Props to Chevy for taking advantage of a year they didn't know they would have to finally get it right.

He is getting a paycheck that you and I will probably only dream of ever getting...and my hats off to him for that.:cool:
I am happy with what I have, so I don't spend any time dreaming of that stuff. My hat is not off to him for that--I don't care what he makes...it's not my business, and it wouldn't improve my perception of his ability in the booth--which is limited, but my hat was off for a guy like Benny Parsons FWIW for the work he did because the work he did was my business.

I am happy with what I have, so I don't spend any time dreaming of that stuff. My hat is not off to him for that--I don't care what he makes...it's not my business, and it wouldn't improve my perception of his ability in the booth--which is limited, but my hat was off for a guy like Benny Parsons FWIW for the work he did because the work he did was my business.
waiting for the yota shill Burton to be claimed to be better at it than Gordon. ;)

There is no difference between a HMS advantage and a Chevy advantage. We both know that. Same thing could be said of Toyota and JGR. The difference here is that Chevy is just figuring out that sharing information is vital....and the more that are invited to the Hendrick table, the more all will benefit....but not likely that Hendrick will want too much of that. Chad is probably given too much credit for all of that, but whatever.
I think you're a little misguided here. This isn't the first time Chevy teams have gotten together for the greater good. RAD was like that about 25 years ago, which was RCR/Andy Petree and DEI getting together for development, mostly aero work together.

RCR is what has improved Hendrick engines. Late last season HMS and ECR started working together and Chad has even said that it was a benefit and part of the reason as to why Chase was able to close last season out the way they did. It's not HMS just giving away all their secrets, nor is a Chevy gain just a Hendrick gain.

Chevy got concessions over the offseason on the body change and SHR lost 70 counts of downforce when NASCAR stopped what they were doing in the wheel wells.
Believe you are correct... the hood profile for the Chevy was changed over the off season (found out from a NASCAR vendor that supplies some of the Xfinity body parts, but they were notified as to the Cup concessions after GM windtunnel testing during the off season, Xfinity stayed the same). Supposedly because of the more pointed nose on the Camaro, it was causing more turbulence across the hood when in traffic primarily, which was not generating as much downforce. By humping the hood up that compensated....much more than the competition apparently. So yes, due to a bit of lobbying, the Chevies were given a bone. The front downforce is evident.

Forgot about the SHR wheel wells, thanks for reminding me. This probably affected the Front Row cars too since some of their stable are used SHR cars.

Do what? Chevy was sharing information with teams and Chevy had cars outlawed from the sport in the late 50's (Black Widow), Ford soon after early 60's (Yellow Banana). You need a history lesson every so often.

Do what? Chevy was sharing information with teams and Chevy had cars outlawed from the sport in the late 50's (Black Widow), Ford soon after early 60's (Yellow Banana). You need a history lesson every so often.
So does Jeff Andrews then. He was yammering about how much better the communication is now, and that is the central reason why Hendrick/Chevy is dominant. You do know who Jeff Andrews is, don't you?

So does Jeff Andrews then. He was yammering about how much better the communication is now, and that is the central reason why Hendrick/Chevy is dominant. You do know who Jeff Andrews is, don't you?
you listen to too much corporate speak B.S. Nascar is always going to even the playing field..and then comes the interviews on how much better a brand os doing blah blah bla.

This is the same conversations we have every time one team is kicking butt. Nothing changed other than HMS is hitting on all 8 right now. Give it time the others may catch up.
I mean, Truex was strong Sunday and equal to the HMS cars, he just got out driven by Larson and Chase.

This is the same conversations we have every time one team is kicking butt. Nothing changed other than HMS is hitting on all 8 right now. Give it time the others may catch up.
I mean, Truex was strong Sunday and equal to the HMS cars, he just got out driven by Larson and Chase.
The car has changed, Larson was added. Rudy Fugle crew chief for Byron was added, Chad Knaus was promoted to VP of competition. Eh, I think some changes have been made.

Believe you are correct... the hood profile for the Chevy was changed over the off season (found out from a NASCAR vendor that supplies some of the Xfinity body parts, but they were notified as to the Cup concessions after GM windtunnel testing during the off season, Xfinity stayed the same). Supposedly because of the more pointed nose on the Camaro, it was causing more turbulence across the hood when in traffic primarily, which was not generating as much downforce. By humping the hood up that compensated....much more than the competition apparently. So yes, due to a bit of lobbying, the Chevies were given a bone. The front downforce is evident.

Forgot about the SHR wheel wells, thanks for reminding me. This probably affected the Front Row cars too since some of their stable are used SHR cars.
Nicely said

And according the DBC guys, "many in the garage are saying Chevy's are making about 16 more HP with the HMS/ECR engines is the rumor that is going around"

Listen for yourself , it starts at the 1:16:50 mark

And according the DBC guys, "many in the garage are saying Chevy's are making about 16 more HP with the HMS/ECR engines is the rumor that is going around"

Listen for yourself , it starts at the 1:16:50 mark
I listened, but combining the forces of HMS and RCR has been the best thing for all affiliated teams. RCR has been known for their bulletproof reliability in NASCAR and IMSA with Cadillac. HMS made some strong engines as well with plenty of power...

Now you have both thinking tanks put together and now here is the result of GM wanting them to combine engine shops. Especially with the Next Gen car along with new engine regulations in the future, it makes sense to see all affiliated Chevy teams being pretty stout this season.

Somebody needs to find "many". Aero improvements improve speed twice as much as H/P does. It's a well known change comparing the nose of the Camaro that is has been changed...for the better. It is rounded just like the Fords and the Yotas now. You can guarantee it wasn't changed to make it worse.

Jesus Christ could have been driving one of MY Toyotas, and wouldn't have caught the Chevys...aka The Devil's Chariots....just kidding.

Somebody needs to find "many". Aero improvements improve speed twice as much as H/P does. It's a well known change comparing the nose of the Camaro that is has been changed...for the better. It is rounded just like the Fords and the Yotas now. You can guarantee it wasn't changed to make it worse.
They changed the whole ****** car, and you know it.

Back
Top Bottom