Hambone vs. Danica

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I think that little spitfire, Danica could take him.

Yeah we're all going to look at this thing differently. Me, I'm glad she made it to the big show on Sunday. Overrated, I don't think so. That seems to be a common thing to say among her detractors. Who's rating her anyway? Overrated to me would be someone that is picked to win everything but never does. That's not her.

I thought it was pretty cool to see her get back up to that position to qualify for the 500 with Kurt Busch's help. That was teamwork to make that happen.

Her and Denny's little altercation after the race. Priceless. Some great race promotions will come from that short video for the upcoming season. It's funny how we all seem to want these drivers show some emotion but the moment that they do many seem to have a problem with it. I love it. Bring on some more.

A mid to lower tier driver does not present much of a rivalry. More like a nuisance.

The asisst by Kurt Busch was legal and righteous in that regard. But it represents everything that is wrong with multicar teams. I hate them and think they are detrimental to racng.

I don't think Danica is overrated. She would have to be im the vicinity of halfway decent driver to be overrated.

being overrated means you actually win once in a while. Don't see Danica doing much of that.

She almost took Denny out , hitting him in the front bumper like that . New rule , no wimmin.

For whatever reason and maybe no fault of her own she lost pace before getting hit by Hamlin. You can see the seperation between Danica and the car she was following immediately before the contact.

Also Denny as much as he bothers me is a clean driver. He usually doesnt overdrive his car or talent. I don't think contact was avoidable in this case.

For whatever reason and maybe no fault of her own she lost pace before getting hit by Hamlin. You can see the seperation between Danica and the car she was following immediately before the contact.

Also Denny as much as he bothers me is a clean driver. He usually doesnt overdrive his car or talent. I don't think contact was avoidable in this case.

I'm no Denny fanboy or even like the guy but hard to go against him on this case.

At worst case this was just a racing deal. But Danica of course has to be Danica and amp up the drama.

Hey , I agree with you guys . No talent chick angainst talented race car driver ? No contest . Chicks lose. She caused at least six wrecks in that race.

Tony has crossed hambone off his Christmas card list..
Same driver spins you out twice in two days??

The push by Kurt represents the worse aspect of the Duals. Slower cars owned by the right people can get an assist.

In the last few laps of the 2nd dual it becomes apparent that Kurt can safely utilize the champions provisional if neeed. No other CP car in front of him was at risk. So he can accept the lame duck role and sacrifice himself. So hook on to that # 10 car that brings us in so much money, it is good for the company. It wasnt about getting a girl in, it was about making sure GoDaddys investment isn't wasted.
We cant afford loosing her presence or the devastating results of her missing the 500.

From a corporate side of things it was a great thing and it protects their best assests. But from a spectators pov it was a real loss or it should be imo.

Did Kurt deliberately dropped back or was he already there?

I noticed that after the first restart after she got the damaged she dropped like a rock. The next one she had Kurt and they took off.

The 100% rule was never really one to begin with. No one took it seriously.

Did Kurt deliberately dropped back or was he already there?

I noticed that after the first restart after she got the damaged she dropped like a rock. The next one she had Kurt and they took off.

The 100% rule was never really one to begin with. No one took it seriously.

Not sure if he dropped back, but it was obvious that his mission was to push her on the last lap. He wasnt going to disengage.

Yeah we're all going to look at this thing differently. Me, I'm glad she made it to the big show on Sunday. Overrated, I don't think so. That seems to be a common thing to say among her detractors. Who's rating her anyway? Overrated to me would be someone that is picked to win everything but never does. That's not her.

I thought it was pretty cool to see her get back up to that position to qualify for the 500 with Kurt Busch's help. That was teamwork to make that happen.

Her and Denny's little altercation after the race. Priceless. Some great race promotions will come from that short video for the upcoming season. It's funny how we all seem to want these drivers show some emotion but the moment that they do many seem to have a problem with it. I love it. Bring on some more.
I agree with you on this one dp, in my opinion "her detractors" are just a little threatened

I agree with you on this one, I also think her detractors are just a little threatened by little old Danica and have to resort to disparaging remarks about her to make themselves feel better.

I wish they would have these little conversations back in the bus lot. I think some drivers just use these "altercations" as a way to get attention and show how bad they want everyone to think they want it. It's kind of embarrassing to watch most Times.

I dont think Denny respects the little lady but Denny had a worried look on his face when Tony got into the conversation, now Denny has to deal with Harvick and Kurt and Tony for the rest of the season ................. there will be some pay back before its done with.

The "rest of the story" as they say will be to see how Danica and Denny finish in the 500. Bragging rights on the line? If they are close near the end, will one of their teammates "push" one ahead of the other? Not that it matters.........but someone has to build the drama.

Watched the race, watched the aftermath. Heres my take

Denny is a little prick. That stuff where he put his arm around her and said there...there..."I like you, its not my fault" made me want to puke. He wrecked her two times in two days and if he did that to harv or tony he would have ate fists. Whats more everyone would have cheered them for doing it. Patrick will do the same. Shes gonna let you know she is frustrated. ANY driver would have been angry at what happened. Denny bumped her in the corner and as some other posters have said, this is a no no on a plate track.

Patrick has said all along she will stand up for what she believes. I m proud as punch of her. Loved the shot of tony backing her up.

Would like to see what Harv has to say. I like and respect harv...

My dvr cut off Patricks run from behind at the end, if anyone knows where I could go to see it, Id like to view it.

The push by Kurt represents the worse aspect of the Duals. Slower cars owned by the right people can get an assist.

In the last few laps of the 2nd dual it becomes apparent that Kurt can safely utilize the champions provisional if neeed. No other CP car in front of him was at risk. So he can accept the lame duck role and sacrifice himself. So hook on to that # 10 car that brings us in so much money, it is good for the company. It wasnt about getting a girl in, it was about making sure GoDaddys investment isn't wasted.
We cant afford loosing her presence or the devastating results of her missing the 500.

From a corporate side of things it was a great thing and it protects their best assests. But from a spectators pov it was a real loss or it should be imo.

The other thing about Kurt pushing patrick...Dont lose sight of the court stuff. He could be trying to change his rep on the track. Just saying. Also teammates help each other. I dont know if the former plays into the latter but it might.

Last edited:
It still looks to me like Danica is a little uncomfortable running in the pack. Yes, Denny got into her, but only because she was all over the place in front of him and holding him up. As for their post-race altercation, Danica can get as physical as she wants to with Denny knowing that there will be no repercussion. I doubt Denny wants to be the next Ray Rice.

Denny is a little prick. That stuff where he put his arm around her and said there...there..."I like you, its not my fault" made me want to puke. He wrecked her two times in two days and if he did that to harv or tony he would have ate fists. .

She should have told him to take his hand off her then kicked him in the jimmies for emphasis.

Not going for "the little engine that could" wank. More like run with the big dogs or get on the porch. Patiently waiting for one of the drivers wife's to school her on correct racing etiquette. Doesn't look like Nascar is going to call her to the trailer, they seem to love the dog and pony show it is great for the ratings. Like they say, there needs to be a villain, and the little green munchkin is filling the bill. Boooo hiss, booooo.

It still looks to me like Danica is a little uncomfortable running in the pack. Yes, Denny got into her, but only because she was all over the place in front of him and holding him up. As for their post-race altercation, Danica can get as physical as she wants to with Denny knowing that there will be no repercussion. I doubt Denny wants to be the next Ray Rice.

That was not an angry "Im gonna smash your face in grab" by patrick...that was a "What are you doing dude" grab.

You bring up a good point Greg . I don't think I've ever really noticed teammates drafting at a plate race before . Should Danica be fined for this or Kurt?

Not going for "the little engine that could" wank. More like run with the big dogs or get on the porch. Patiently waiting for one of the drivers wife's to school her on correct racing etiquette. Doesn't look like Nascar is going to call her to the trailer, they seem to love the dog and pony show it is great for the ratings. Like they say, there needs to be a villain, and the little green munchkin is filling the bill. Boooo hiss, booooo.

" Little Green Munchkin " LMAO , so funny . Makes her look like a cartoon character instead of a Nascar driver . Good job .

It's funny how him putting his hands on her shoulder is constructed as invasive but not Her pounding and puffing on his chest.

Boy or girl, you don't get that close to a person and have that person not have his hands up.

You don't go into a boxing match with your hands at your hips. It's not even logical.

I've noticed that Denny pushes drivers a lot on plate tracks. I've also noticed when he pulls out of line to make a move no one goes with him. I don't think he is trusted by the other drivers. I thought Danica might miss the race after Denny's depth perception problem but a teammate helped out. Had the qualifying process been traditional she would have had a solid time to fall back on.

You bring up a good point Greg . I don't think I've ever really noticed teammates drafting at a plate race before . Should Danica be fined for this or Kurt?

I have consistently opposed teams being able to assist one another at RP tracks and hake expressed those thoughts. Obviously she isn't the first beneficiary. But this thread is about Hamlin and Danica and last nights race.

I have consistently opposed teams being able to assist one another at RP tracks and hake expressed those thoughts. Obviously she isn't the first beneficiary. But this thread is about Hamlin and Danica and last nights race.
The tie-in. Danica benefited from her teammate Kurt Bush's help after Hambone's brainfart. Back on track and everyone's happy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom