Hamlin and Busch Diqualified?

I think you are missing where I am coming from. All of this is part of my love for the sport. I think it is ****** cool that a couple of pieces of tape matter. I want to know more about that. When somebody is caught, let's talk about why because, again, it's cool. Why the silence before the appeal? Tell us what was done, and when the team tries to justify it, tell us why the justification doesn't matter, or why your mind was changed.

From the biased fan standpoint, I hate that MY teams broke a rule, but I appreciate how JGR and TRD responded. That is separate from the questions I was asking. I am not saying that NASCAR was wrong, but I want to know more about why they are right. NASCAR asks me to invest time and money into the series, and then tells me it is none of my business when something like this happens. I don't agree with that.....and frankly I may not matter, but if you get a few thousand who feel the same way, you are going to have a problem selling this sport I think.
NASCAR never said none of your business, But there has to be a line where you stop trying to explain the process. NASCAR has to wait for the appeals process to be completed before they release all info BUT even then they dont have too.

Why do they have to wait? There isn't going to be a jury trial, so they don't have to be concerned with the information influencing potential jurors.
So, this is what I am asking. I don't get it. It used to be that NASCAR didn't want to put any notions in engineer's heads, but if the rules are as simple as "don't touch it," why are they still worried about that?

NASCAR never said none of your business, But there has to be a line where you stop trying to explain the process. NASCAR has to wait for the appeals process to be completed before they release all info BUT even then they dont have too.
I don't want to keep going around and around on this, but if the process is as simple as "don't touch it," the process shouldn't be hard to explain.

98% wouldnt know what the hell they were looking at. Jus sayin
Fun as hell to learn though.....Bozi on Twitter is helping with that. Learning about the mechanical side of this sport....Great idea!

I don't want to keep going around and around on this, but if the process is as simple as "don't touch it," the process shouldn't be hard to explain.
That was in reference to single source parts the common sense rule is to not touch it, the hard part is the difference in penalties for putting a piece of tape on vs altering the shape via bondo or sanding.

I mean it's like somebody gets hit up the side of their head with a small stick and another with a baseball bat. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the severity of the penalty for doing both should be different.

I mean it's like somebody gets hit up the side of there head with a small stick and another with a baseball spat. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the severity of the penalty for doing both should be different.
I thought the other day you said it was BS nothing else would happen to Kyle and Denny’s team. What changed your tune?(I am actually asking, not trying to be snarky so please be respectful)

I’m not getting into this right now. I just found out my Grandma is in the hospital, so you can have this win. congrats.
Not looking for a"win" whatever that is. Just not gonna let you put words in my mouth

As far as the rice burner story goes, we have their story about what they did. Doesn't make a lot of sense when they knew Nascar was going to tear the wrap off of the front end so lets put some tape under there and really it was only two small pieces...See how bad bad Nascar penalized us people?lol.

I thought the other day you said it was BS nothing else would happen to Kyle and Denny’s team. What changed your tune?(I am actually asking, not trying to be snarky so please be respectful)
What part of nothing else has happened to them that you don't understand?

What part of nothing else has happened to them that you don't understand?
I think you misunderstood me. You seem fine with it now that nothing is. I’m just trying to figure out what changed your mind. Unless I’m reading it wrong, and if so I’m sorry. Please be respectful to me like I am to you.

I think you misunderstood me. You seem fine with it now that nothing is. I’m just trying to figure out what changed your mind. Unless I’m reading it wrong, and if so I’m sorry. Please be respectful to me like I am to you.
It's a done deal, they copped to the charges. I thought they should have lost some playoff points, didn't happen time to move on.

I have absolutely no clue how to reply to this. Sometimes people make mistakes. Almost all sports have some form of penalty appeal.

Would you prefer there wasn't an appeal process?
Exactly. No appeals. Make the call, and move on.

That was in reference to single source parts the common sense rule is to not touch it, the hard part is the difference in penalties for putting a piece of tape on vs altering the shape via bondo or sanding.
What on the Next Gen is not single sourced....and I asked this earlier/in another thread I think....What don't they ship the cars assembled?

A little research would go along way in your area. The 20 question thing is getting a bit long in tooth.
You win the award. Don't need to tell anybody around here for what. Congratulations.

"Um, what is that? I never even saw that before."

I call bull$h!t. Two cars out of the same shop with the same illegal modification without the chief's knowledge or permission, and no one's severed head is out front on a pike? That's your story, you stick with it.

Hamlin says it was simply a mix up. I guess it's like the tape just flew on there to both cars all by itself. Hell if I know. In Hamlin's world anything is possible I guess.

Hamlin says it was simply a mix up. I guess it's like the tape just flew on there to both cars all by itself. Hell if I know. In Hamlin's world anything is possible I guess.
Yep, the team pulled the “awe shucks how did that happen? It weren’t nothin’ really, and we sware it’ll never, ever ever happen again…..”.

How do you guys put up with clowns?

That's one of those "hey its your story tell it however you want" moments

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think that he alludes to what went on there.....late update bulletin.....they thought NASCAR would go easy.

Back
Top Bottom