Hamlin is at it again

gnomesayin

Team Owner

Honestly I have wondered about the amphetamines stuff on this level, having...known of their use in other forms of racing and other pursuits. There are of course the Jeremy Mayfield and A.J. Allmendinger incidents.

These drugs do heighten senses (and dampen others) that can enhance performance. Since Denny tends to exaggerate everything as he looks forward to the eleventy billionth race of his career this weekend, "70%" is probably some lower percentage. How much lower is anyone's guess.

NASCAR response:

Watch the documentaries Icarus and The Armstrong Lie if you want some insight into drugs and doping in sports and life period. Honest and serious anti-doping officials don't pretend their systems are foolproof or even effective, and admit that committed dopers are always several steps ahead. There is doping in curling, for God's sake. Happens everywhere.

What a *******. He's admitting he's on it.

NASCAR should have a talk with this guy. Moron

NASCAR response:

Watch the documentaries Icarus and The Armstrong Lie if you want some insight into drugs and doping in sports and life period. Honest and serious anti-doping officials don't pretend their systems are foolproof or even effective, and admit that committed dopers are always several steps ahead. There is doping in curling, for God's sake. Happens everywhere.

Oh there you go. lol

Without a prescription?
hmm.gif

Reactions: sdj
Denny being happy joking around? Test him for depression meds, now!

He is the type that needs at least 5 days of the month to sulk and complain, to be salty etc.
Or maybe longer to finish the purge.
Then theres the run on menths, the continuous purging....

If you are prescribed it by a psychologist, and are using it for medical reasons, fine. But using it to perform in a sport is drug abuse

If you are prescribed it by a psychologist, and are using it for medical reasons, fine. But using it to perform in a sport is drug abuse

That is obviously true. My wife legitimately has ADHD and has been prescribed Adderall in the past. She ultimately decided its negative and personality-altering effects were worse than its helpful effects were good for her.

The problem is that there are many people whose need for it is murky, and it isn't exactly difficult for someone of means to find a doctor to write a prescription for just about anything.

That is obviously true. My wife legitimately has ADHD and has been prescribed Adderall in the past. She ultimately decided its negative and personality-altering effects were worse than its helpful effects were good for her.

The problem is that there are many people whose need for it is murky, and it isn't exactly difficult for someone of means to find a doctor to write a prescription for just about anything.

I think that is Hamlin's problem

I have neither the experience nor the education to comment on the use or abuse of prescription or recreational drugs by sports participants or 'civilians'.

I do know enough about public relations to realize Denny's statement was a pretty frickin' stupid thing to say.

"The Department of the Navy will neither confirm nor deny the presence or absence of nuclear weapons aboard our vessels."

You just have to wonder where the hell his head is much of the time. Even if his "joke" was somewhat true, what value is there is making such a statement at all, let alone without offering some concrete proof of it? I've been an in your face rabble rouser most of my adult life, but if you have any brains at all, you know there is a line not to cross and a time to just shut up. If ANYBODY in this sport would be suspected of using banned substances, Denny would be near the top of MY list.

I have neither the experience nor the education to comment on the use or abuse of prescription or recreational drugs by sports participants or 'civilians'.

I do know enough about public relations to realize Denny's statement was a pretty frickin' stupid thing to say.

"The Department of the Navy will neither confirm nor deny the presence or absence of nuclear weapons aboard our vessels."

If France can can back a guy running for president and one of the honchos can say most Nascar fans live in Cali it isnt out of line for Hamlin to say what he did. All stupid things to say I think.

Medicated speed. **** is repugnant.

Not the speed drivers need.

Well even posting has gotten tough, prolly 70% Adderall laced pop corn and cheetos be utilized.

A lot of truth there.
I have taken it for 15 years. It isn't an option for me and it not only saved my career, it turned it around to excelling at work.

I agree there are those that abuse it, but for me any negative effects are negligible compared to the benefits. I honestly couldn't hold a on point conversation without side tracking. I actually had multiple topics mentally going on all at once.
I never even thought about getting help, until some family members had a talk with me about it. I was literally running them crazy.

I believe a lot of previous problems for me in life and at work were directly impacted by my ADD prior to Adderall . I feel like a significant portion of it was wasted potential.
At least I can focus on the business for the moment, plus the one other constant thought.

Edit: I am glad your wife was able to make a good judgment call.
I had to make the same call with my son. His teacher was determined that he needed the meds. But after observing his behavior for a few days, I stopped it. It wasn't good for him.

Wow, I missed a lot today

Back
Top Bottom