Harvick and the pit guns

Flyer22

Team Owner
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...ick-decries-air-gun-tire-wrenches-no-2-finish

"The pathetic part about the whole thing is the pit guns," Harvick said. "The pit guns have been absolutely horrible all year, and our guys are doing a great job on pit road.

"The pathetic part about it is the fact you get handed something that doesn't work correctly, and those guys are just doing everything they can to try to make it right. It's embarrassing for the sport."

Not that this isn't true, but maybe he would have won if his guys weren't throwing tires all over the infield??? And on top of that, not being penalized for it on one of the incidents. He's fortunate he was where he was at at all.

Not that this isn't true, but maybe he would have won if his guys weren't throwing tires all over the infield??? And on top of that, not being penalized for it on one of the incidents. He's fortunate he was where he was at at all.

The master of trash talk wants you to focus on the sideshow, not the team's main problem of the weekend.

"Harvick and the Pit Guns" would be a great name for a garage band.

Not sure how a bad air gun would cause a lug to land in the jack causing it not to operate. That's a one in a million shot.

The problem was loose wheels.

Same article from OP:
Busch car owner Joe Gibbs, who rarely says anything critical of NASCAR, said he didn't feel the teams' potentially saving money is worth having guns that fail as NASCAR and manufacturer Paoli work through any issues.

"I don't [feel it's worth it]. I don't like things not in our hands," Gibbs said. "To be truthful, I've taken a stand on that. That's something that I hope we continue to really evaluate."

Reactions: Pat
25 laps with what his Crew Chief called the best car. He got beat. Period.

I gotta ask Kevin how the pit guns only leave a loose lugnut sometimes.

25 laps with what his Crew Chief called the best car. He got beat. Period.

If Harvick had the lead and clean air, it's a different story. Not taking anything away from Kyle (I've said it 1,000 times, he's the best driver in the sport), but that's what decided this race. The Gen-6 car produces awful racing and has since it was implemented.

Since 1968, Dino Paoli Srl manufactures pneumatic and hydraulic impact wrenches, wheel guns and accessories. The high quality standard of the product offered, the innate technological vocation and the efficiency of a flawless service guarantee the leadership on Motorsport, Industry and Automotive sectors.

http://www.dinopaoli.com/paoli-wheel-guns/

I still say NASCAR should be getting air guns from wherever Gibbs was getting them.

I also repeat that we don't know how many gun failures there were when the teams were managing the equipment themselves.
Gibbs were doing their own. I dont want them supplying my gun. ;)

If teams put money into developing air guns maybe NASCAR should look into one of those designs (if the team is willing to share the design).

No surprise that the gun gets jumped around here (get the pun?) First they are going to find out if there really is a problem, or if Harvick and Gibbs, who's teams would benefit and were the reason in the first place they went to common guns. Gibbs is a Toyota parrot, Harvick also, doesn't cost either a penny.

Gibbs were doing their own. I dont want them supplying my gun. ;)
Why not? Nobody appears to have a problem with getting engines from other teams.

But if that is a problem, then NASCAR can buy the gun shop and move it to Daytona.

Why not? Nobody appears to have a problem with getting engines from other teams.

But if that is a problem, then NASCAR can buy the gun shop and move it to Daytona.
Was really tongue in cheek, but lets say Gibbs supplied the guns, its not gonna lower the costs like the current guns do. We know Gibbs was spending a fortune on them.

right now Gibbs an SHR are sitting around looking at their mega air compressors pumping out 2,000 PSI and the guns that can handle the pressure..and going hmmm.

Harv should just count his blessings that he finished on the lead lap due to the obvious penalty he escaped.

The problem was loose wheels.

Same article from OP:
Busch car owner Joe Gibbs, who rarely says anything critical of NASCAR, said he didn't feel the teams' potentially saving money is worth having guns that fail as NASCAR and manufacturer Paoli work through any issues.

"I don't [feel it's worth it]. I don't like things not in our hands," Gibbs said. "To be truthful, I've taken a stand on that. That's something that I hope we continue to really evaluate."
Said the guy who spent big money on trick air guns in previous seasons...

If Harvick had the lead and clean air, it's a different story. Not taking anything away from Kyle (I've said it 1,000 times, he's the best driver in the sport), but that's what decided this race. The Gen-6 car produces awful racing and has since it was implemented.

Agree with all of this except Kyle..one of the best but I don't think he is the best.

Harvick was 12 seconds ahead of the field with three wins. Don't think they are too worried about it, their pit crew needs to be.

Man Nascar sure has "fixed" a lot of things over the last few years. We've nutered or watered down almost every single aspect of the sport time to ENHANCE pit stops. Lets just give them lug wrenches no more expensive pneumatic nonsense.

Man Nascar sure has "fixed" a lot of things over the last few years. We've nutered or watered down almost every single aspect of the sport time to ENHANCE pit stops. Lets just give them lug wrenches no more expensive pneumatic nonsense.
The RTA asked NASCAR to do it.

The RTA asked NASCAR to do it.
Seems like every team owner was shocked about losing a crew member though. The more people involved in the decision making the more convoluted they become. How would you like to have 4 bosses all telling you to do different things than the other three?

Seems like every team owner was shocked about losing a crew member though. The more people involved in the decision making the more convoluted they become. How would you like to have 4 bosses all telling you to do different things than the other three?
All of this was known well in Advance of the 2018 season, pit gun and the loss of 1 over the wall man. Not a shock.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...ick-decries-air-gun-tire-wrenches-no-2-finish

"The pathetic part about the whole thing is the pit guns," Harvick said. "The pit guns have been absolutely horrible all year, and our guys are doing a great job on pit road.

"The pathetic part about it is the fact you get handed something that doesn't work correctly, and those guys are just doing everything they can to try to make it right. It's embarrassing for the sport."

The incident that he wasn't penalized for seemed to be a blatant infraction to me.

All of this was known well in Advance of the 2018 season, pit gun and the loss of 1 over the wall man. Not a shock.

No **** dude we're 7 races in but do you think they lobbied for that too? It's all just becoming more of joke, lets dumb everything down make things slower so our 36 teams (privateers be damned) are on the most equal playing field. The RTA is just a reactionary effort caused by the millions of dollars hemmoraged from the sanctioning body's tumultuous last decade of dumb decisions.

No sh!t dude we're 7 races in but do you think they lobbied for that too? It's all just becoming more of joke, lets dumb everything down make things slower so our 36 teams (privateers be damned) are on the most equal playing field. The RTA is just a reactionary effort caused by the millions of dollars hemmoraged from the sanctioning body's tumultuous last decade of dumb decisions.
Lobbied for what? Be specific dude

No sh!t dude we're 7 races in but do you think they lobbied for that too? It's all just becoming more of joke, lets dumb everything down make things slower so our 36 teams (privateers be damned) are on the most equal playing field. The RTA is just a reactionary effort caused by the millions of dollars hemmoraged from the sanctioning body's tumultuous last decade of dumb decisions.
NASCAR has nothing to do with the RTA other than rubber-stamping their every want and need.

Gibbs is saying saving money on the new pit guns is not worth it because they can't control the design and failures.
He’s not getting any more ROI on his development. That’s why he doesn’t care about the lower cost.

Back
Top Bottom