Has Chase Elliot @28 gained a step?

Hendrick war room told Trey to tell Chase they were killing him on entry to 1 and restarts. Coming to the next restart Trey said “I need you super aggressive here. On kill.” That was the first one Chase went 3 wide and really moved up. Race control: “message received I guess.” This was earlier on, around midway

Hendrick war room told Trey to tell Chase they were killing him on entry to 1 and restarts. Coming to the next restart Trey said “I need you super aggressive here. On kill.” That was the first one Chase went 3 wide and really moved up. Race control: “message received I guess.” This was earlier on, around midway
That's super interesting, because when Larson was waxing the field, he and Cliff were talking about balance and Larson made it a point to specify he was deliberately leaving time on the table in turn 1, specifically on corner entry speed, until the groove widened. He didn't want to push it into 1 until they had a better feel on balance, and until more rubber laid down, and I think it's why his lead consistently stayed around 1.3 seconds... As soon as the field stretched, he took it easy into 1.

With that report on Chase, it kinda seems like it was an HMS thing to run more conservative on entry into 1, or at the very least, there was probably ongoing discussion about how to attack turn 1. This was also an ongoing convo in qualifying for the HMS guys as well. Odd.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think at Richmond too I noticed he actually made up ground on the last restart. Which is definitely not the norm.

Did you enjoy today’s action, Doc?

He's finally starting to get this car figured out and not driving it "the old way" as he put it.
Agree 100%. I started noticed a real change about six weeks ago, even when the results didn't always show it. As Harvick kept saying, I really loved his aggressiveness today. With the cars so evenly matched, Mr. Nice Guy doesn't get it done anymore.

Amen brother. IF they bring the higher HP and shrink the tires down or make some other changes, maybe some of that older way of doing things will come back. In a perfect world
They are running close to 200 in spots on a mile and a half, averaging 185 at Texas. They really only have two short tracks compared to a slew of big high speed tracks.

I’m neither a fan or a hater of Chase. However, I am a HMS fan, so I do like seeing him lock up his spot in the playoffs. Now it’s Bowman’s turn.

Bianchi just said on The Teardown that Chase has second best average finish this year to only Byron. Doesn’t seem like it but I’ll take it. At least we never have to worry about the whole “will he ever win again after his injury?” talk any more.

That's super interesting, because when Larson was waxing the field, he and Cliff were talking about balance and Larson made it a point to specify he was deliberately leaving time on the table in turn 1, specifically on corner entry speed, until the groove widened. He didn't want to push it into 1 until they had a better feel on balance, and until more rubber laid down, and I think it's why his lead consistently stayed around 1.3 seconds... As soon as the field stretched, he took it easy into 1.

With that report on Chase, it kinda seems like it was an HMS thing to run more conservative on entry into 1, or at the very least, there was probably ongoing discussion about how to attack turn 1. This was also an ongoing convo in qualifying for the HMS guys as well. Odd.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No question. Toyota was set up to attack 1-2, and nobody was better there. The Inmates gave up a bit 1-2, and were superior in 3-4.

Agree 100%. I started noticed a real change about six weeks ago, even when the results didn't always show it. As Harvick kept saying, I really loved his aggressiveness today. With the cars so evenly matched, Mr. Nice Guy doesn't get it done anymore.
Oh the narrative when it is Chase. So awesome.

Oh the narrative when it is Chase. So awesome.
What's the narrative? The guy has been in an admitted slump since the fall of 2022, and in MY opinion, Chase is finally figuring out how he needs to drive the car, and the team is figuring out how to give him what he needs. It's been a slower progression than us Elliott fans wanted of course, but it appears to finally be working. Is THAT a narrative?

Bro won 1 race on a myriad of GWC finishes lol. Congrats to chase fans but come on man at least let him get a few before y’all turn insufferable again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK, but yesterday was EXACTLY the kind of races that Chase has had trouble closing the deal on in the past. I REALLY liked what I saw yesterday. They were bold on strategy and Chase was going forward on all but maybe one restart. He took a no prisoners attitude on the those final few restarts. That is a pleasant change from what we have seen for the last year and a half.

What's the narrative? The guy has been in an admitted slump since the fall of 2022, and in MY opinion, Chase is finally figuring out how he needs to drive the car, and the team is figuring out how to give him what he needs. It's been a slower progression than us Elliott fans wanted of course, but it appears to finally be working. Is THAT a narrative?
Anything to deflect from the fact that HIS chance at a win, in a faster car, flat out ran out of talent and binned it.

Sorry, if they're going to be this few and far between, gotta talk that ish while I can. :XXROFL:

When it's Chase, aggression is applauded. With others, not so much. No prisoners. Gutty. Reached down deep. Never say die. Gritty.

Anything to deflect from the fact that HIS chance at a win, in a faster car, flat out ran out of talent and binned it.
Not deflecting. Go back to your celebration. Proud of my driver. He sent it. That's what I want. he got beat.

....and now won with a slower car.....because the Chain Gang cars have been so slow.

At least we had to take a break for a year and a half. The Chase Haters stayed insufferable the whole time. ;):XXROFL:
I still need to know what was said that was so off the wall. Dude comes in here with a blanket statement blowing his hot air. "Won a race on a few GWC's" as if 7 out of 10 races in this series don't need the exact same damn way.

He also had the 4th highest average running position in the series entering yesterday, 3 consecutive tops 5s (was also 5th at COTA when he got his penalty) and sits 4th in points ahead of his teammate who has 3 wins.

But yeah, all he did was get fortunate yesterday. Who are the out of touch ones again?

I'm glad Chase won. If Larson would have led almost every lap and all the stages and the race, all we would have heard around here is THEY NEED TO FIX THE CAR!!! , they need this and they need that , Nascar do something lol.

I'm glad Chase won. If Larson would have led almost every lap and all the stages and the race, all we would have heard around here is THEY NEED TO FIX THE CAR!!! , they need this and they need that , Nascar do something lol.
I still hate the new Texas although the middle raced much better yesterday than it has previously. Idk if that's the aging or the tire they used or what.

The car can still get tossed in the trash as far as I'm concerned lol.

I still hate the new Texas although the middle raced much better yesterday than it has previously. Idk if that's the aging or the tire they used or what.

The car can still get tossed in the trash as far as I'm concerned lol.
I've been saying for the last three years it is a new pave. It's coming in. ;)

Now tied with Byron for 2nd best avg finish this season behind only Truex. The 9 team's struggles were exaggerated because they hadn't won, but this points system and playoff format places such a premium on winning it's what people zero in on the most.

Now tied with Byron for 2nd best avg finish this season behind only Truex. The 9 team's struggles were exaggerated because they hadn't won, but this points system and playoff format places such a premium on winning it's what people zero in on the most.
It's what the press amplifies. Always a good idea to think independently and do your research. IMO Elliott didn't help that either. He should have told them to F off IMO....but it does keep your name out there if you are Chase Elliott. :idunno:

When it's Chase, aggression is applauded. With others, not so much. No prisoners. Gutty. Reached down deep. Never say die. Gritty.
Agressive is ALWAYS good for a race car driver, as long as you don't cross the line. For the past year or so, Chase has been too timid in my opinion, and I assume it's because he hasn't been comfortable with the car. He finally looked VERY comfortable yesterday. If you are going to go toe to toe with Denny, Ross and Brad, you better man up and be prepared to bring back nothing but the steering wheel. Kudos by the way to Denny and Ross for racing hard, but racing clean.

I don’t know if Chase has gained a step but I figure his car probably did. Now hopefully the 48 car can gain a step. 😃

Back
Top Bottom