Has Chase Elliot @28 gained a step?

Agressive is ALWAYS good for a race car driver, as long as you don't cross the line. For the past year or so, Chase has been too timid in my opinion, and I assume it's because he hasn't been comfortable with the car. He finally looked VERY comfortable yesterday. If you are going to go toe to toe with Denny, Ross and Brad, you better man up and be prepared to bring back nothing but the steering wheel. Kudos by the way to Denny and Ross for racing hard, but racing clean.
Great points and post.

I didn't listen to NASCAR Radio last week for obvious reasons. I listened today. So many were happy because Chase won. While it was not the result I wanted, people were happy.....and it was fun to listen to. This sport should make people happy, and who gives a **** if those reasons are different than mine? I love this sport.

I didn't listen to NASCAR Radio last week for obvious reasons. I listened today. So many were happy because Chase won. While it was not the result I wanted, people were happy.....and it was fun to listen to. This sport should make people happy, and who gives a **** if those reasons are different than mine? I love this sport.

Are you feeling ok? Happy about a win for the felon? You should be ranting about how he cheated!

This is from the weekly Athletic NASCAR post race article that is run on Monday of each week. I thought this was an interesting tidbit from Chase and kind of a peek behind the curtain as to his thoughts about the difficulties of the Next Gen Car. I’ll use quotations and bold for his his quotes. I’ll also link the article at the end if anyone wants to give it a read if they are a subscriber and happened to miss it.

“Elliott explained there are some elements that seem irreversible at this point. Teams have laid off crew members from their fabrication shops and said goodbye to people who built parts for the cars, because those positions are no longer needed when teams purchase everything from single-source suppliers. What are organizations supposed to do if the spec car model went away — rehire people who have already moved on with their lives and left the industry?

It doesn’t seem possible, and Elliott indicated it’s part of a loss worth mourning.

“What has made racing extremely special over the years is people having the ability to bring ideas to the table and be a better fabricator than the next guy or have better ideas than the next guy and be able to implement that,” he said. “The more we’re the same, the harder it is to be different. We’re all gonna ride around and be even more reliant upon good air.

“I hope we can find a solution to fix that. But aero is king and it’s just becoming more and more that way with the tighter box we have to work with.”

Are you feeling ok? Happy about a win for the felon? You should be ranting about how he cheated!
I don't buy into conspiracy theories. When The Felon cheats, you'll hear about it. Chase won straight up. I can live with that. I am happy for his fans. I know how I feel when one of MY Toyotas win....

This is from the weekly Athletic NASCAR post race article that is run on Monday of each week. I thought this was an interesting tidbit from Chase and kind of a peek behind the curtain as to his thoughts about the difficulties of the Next Gen Car. I’ll use quotations and bold for his his quotes. I’ll also link the article at the end if anyone wants to give it a read if they are a subscriber and happened to miss it.

“Elliott explained there are some elements that seem irreversible at this point. Teams have laid off crew members from their fabrication shops and said goodbye to people who built parts for the cars, because those positions are no longer needed when teams purchase everything from single-source suppliers. What are organizations supposed to do if the spec car model went away — rehire people who have already moved on with their lives and left the industry?

It doesn’t seem possible, and Elliott indicated it’s part of a loss worth mourning.

“What has made racing extremely special over the years is people having the ability to bring ideas to the table and be a better fabricator than the next guy or have better ideas than the next guy and be able to implement that,” he said. “The more we’re the same, the harder it is to be different. We’re all gonna ride around and be even more reliant upon good air.

“I hope we can find a solution to fix that. But aero is king and it’s just becoming more and more that way with the tighter box we have to work with.”
The difference between the best and worst average race lap time at Martinsville was only three tenths. Not so much aero as it is mechanical there, but the cars are assembled and driven so similarly these days that it’s tough to pass at some places again. And as the box gets smaller as teams’ notebooks get bigger, it’s only harder.

It was fascinating watching the Xfinity cars on Saturday be able to drive up to a guy’s bumper and get them loose. Cup cars can race pretty well side-by-side but still struggle directly behind someone.

When it's Chase, aggression is applauded. With others, not so much. No prisoners. Gutty. Reached down deep. Never say die. Gritty.
Aggression that doesn't send or bin the other guy is welcome and applauded. Driving like Dennis and Ross is... not.

Aggression that doesn't send or bin the other guy is welcome and applauded. Driving like Dennis and Ross is... not.
Fine line. Let me see if I can find that one race suspension.....

Back
Top Bottom