Has Joey Logano Passed By Kyle Busch As Nascar's Most Hated Driver?

Tumbleweed

Team Owner
Kenseth is a piece of sh!t bully. I don't see why people like Keselowski and Logano honestly.

No one likes nerds, I would guess.

Logano and Kes have very punchable faces, i.e. when Gordon's crew got a hold of him.. Ouch indeed, but they are some hard charging SOBs' and are always fun to watch. Logano is hated, then so be it. They are as about as "old school" as they come, but some fans just dislike them.

It's a part of the sport, everyone cannot be pleased.

Kyle won over a lot of fans last year.
In what fashion are you meaning?, like what Lisa said as in getting married ?, or with winning the championship ?

In what fashion are you meaning?, like what Lisa said as in getting married ?, or with winning the championship ?

I think that Kyle probably figured out that he didn't have to act like a jerk and drive above his head all the time in order to succeed. When talking about his accident last year, I remember him taking responsibility and saying “I was trying to get it all and all was too much”. He still has a ways to go in my opinion but I think he has shown some growth. He's long been probably the best pure wheel man in NASCAR (and probably in some other series too) but I've always felt that if he ever manages to combine some maturity with his already terrific driving skills, he could be a really great driver and a real force in auto racing for many years.

Last year showed some signs to me that maybe that is happening. After all, it must be a lot harder to see the track and the cars around you if you have your head up your posterior all the time. I suspect Kyle may be starting to figure that out.

I think that Kyle probably figured out that he didn't have to act like a jerk and drive above his head all the time in order to succeed. When talking about his accident last year, I remember him taking responsibility and saying “I was trying to get it all and all was too much”. He still has a ways to go in my opinion but I think he has shown some growth. He's long been probably the best pure wheel man in NASCAR (and probably in some other series too) but I've always felt that if he ever manages to combine some maturity with his already terrific driving skills, he could be a really great driver and a real force in auto racing for many years.

Last year showed some signs to me that maybe that is happening. After all, it must be a lot harder to see the track and the cars around you if you have your head up your posterior all the time. I suspect Kyle may be starting to figure that out.
I never thought Kyle had his head up his ass. I knew what he was before he got in the 5.

With coming back from a devastating fracture, winning four races and the championship.
What Bobby said plus being hyped to the moon and beyond by the media for his "incredible unbelievable" comeback. His comeback was a good performance, but not unexpected and certainly not super-human, but the media went on and on. I think that influences casual fans quite a bit to get in Kyle's corner.

I like Logano more than KyBu. That's not saying much though.

For me Joey and Brad are what drivers should be. They are always pushing for a win. They won't sit back and say mother may I please pass you if you won't move. Matt was wrong and I believe this whole new chase format has him rattled. He isn't used to the pressure of winning or die. Used to be I didn't like Carl, but right now Matt and Hamlin are at the top of the list. Looks like Chase and Larson though might be coming up to help rattle some cages.

I also think that Joey is a punk.
For what reasons do you think Logano is a punk? Or is it "just because" with no particular reason? (I have some of both, some I don't like for various reasons, others I don't like but no valid reason for feeling that way.)

I don't see why people like Keselowski and Logano honestly.
I'm genuinely surprised to see this comment coming from you, NB. Care to state why everyone should dislike those two? Would it be a good thing if we all had the same preferences?

I've been a Kez fan since 2011, and my sentiments strengthened as 2012 progressed. He is fast, aggressive, team oriented, smart, strategic, and committed. I demand all those traits. As my prior driver displayed his diva sense of entitlement more often, I found myself pulling for the 2. (I doubt the 14 missed me.)

I'm not a real Logano fan, but I will admit to liking him more and more as time goes by. Partly that is reactionary... with so many people ragging on Joey for non-legitimate reasons, I find myself taking the other side. For example, it is non-legit to criticize how Joey looks, but many keyboard warriors have nothing else to say. Or they say he is whiny, which is absurd because he isn't. Or they don't like his father, or he is a silver spoon baby, both out of his control. (Since Chase Elliott inherited most of Jeff Gordon's hoard of fans, we rarely hear complaints about silver spoons any more, thankfully.)

Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano are similar in many ways. Highly skilled drivers, highly motivated to charge for the front, highly aggressive drivers, but not dirty drivers. Both are willing to piss off other drivers by refusing to play the game of riding around, and both reject the deference that some of the older veterans demand. If I could give Joey a tip, it would be to dial his aggression back a tiny amount in the first two-thirds of the race, and dial it back up in the final third.

Bottom line: what's not to like about BK and JLo?

Jolo was an ass at the Ct tracks. His father was an even bigger ass. Lots of incidents.

I'm genuinely surprised to see this comment coming from you, NB. Care to state why everyone should dislike those two? Would it be a good thing if we all had the same preferences?

I've been a Kez fan since 2011, and my sentiments strengthened as 2012 progressed. He is fast, aggressive, team oriented, smart, strategic, and committed. I demand all those traits. As my prior driver displayed his diva sense of entitlement more often, I found myself pulling for the 2. (I doubt the 14 missed me.)

I'm not a real Logano fan, but I will admit to liking him more and more as time goes by. Partly that is reactionary... with so many people ragging on Joey for non-legitimate reasons, I find myself taking the other side. For example, it is non-legit to criticize how Joey looks, but many keyboard warriors have nothing else to say. Or they say he is whiny, which is absurd because he isn't. Or they don't like his father, or he is a silver spoon baby, both out of his control. (Since Chase Elliott inherited most of Jeff Gordon's hoard of fans, we rarely hear complaints about silver spoons any more, thankfully.)

Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano are similar in many ways. Highly skilled drivers, highly motivated to charge for the front, highly aggressive drivers, but not dirty drivers. Both are willing to piss off other drivers by refusing to play the game of riding around, and both reject the deference that some of the older veterans demand. If I could give Joey a tip, it would be to dial his aggression back a tiny amount in the first two-thirds of the race, and dial it back up in the final third.

Bottom line: what's not to like about BK and JLo?

I forgot include the word "don't" in my phrase. I don't see why people don't like them. :p

(Calling Kenseth out and then bashing Logano and Keselowsi makes no sense)

Matt Kenseth is has been and always will be the villain from that.
I think people are about 50/50 on that. I actually think they're both to blame for what transpired last fall, Joey for being overly aggressive for a win he didn't really need, and Matt for going too far in his retaliation.

No one likes nerds, I would guess.

Logano and Kes have very punchable faces,

I would say Kyle has the most punchable face of the three. Not sure how anyone could "hate" a driver they truly don't know. That's just my opinion on "hate". If I bagged up all my dislikes about all the cup drivers other than Kyle, it would amount to a quarter of the bag compared to Kyle's full bag.

I've thought a lot of drivers were punks at one point or another. I don't really hold anything personal against either of these guys (or really any driver). Its just drive to win. I will say I haven't been a fan of a few restart issues with the Penske guys.

Last edited:
Kyle is by far my least favorite driver. Logano is a hard competitor who races like NASCAR drivers are supposed to. I've gained respect for him in the last few years. I'd gain more if he stopped letting his dad fight his battles for him.

I would say Kyle has the most punchable face of the three. Not sure how anyone could "hate" a driver they truly don't know. That's just my opinion on "hate". If I bagged up all my dislikes about all the cup drivers other than Kyle, it would amount to a quarter of the bag compared to Kyle's full bag.

If I had to rank punchable faces between Kyle, JLo and BKez Kyle would be #1 followed by BKez and JLo. I am with you as IDK why anyone would hate any driver or person they didn't know as hate and jealousy are wasted emotions.

I am in a tiny minority as the drivers and manufacturers are non starters to me although I do like seeing a first time winner. I just want to see good racing so who wins doesn't really resonate with me.

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/joey-logano-nascar-villain/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text

This article seems to think so and I personally have thought so since last season. I also think that Joey is a punk. I bet both Kyle and Joe Gibbs are happy to see someone else have the honor for a while.

NASCAR wouldn't be half as much fun if there weren't drivers out there that you love to hate though.

I don't know about "more hated". Kyle had people rooting for him last year because of the Daytona injury and he's got a lot of bandwagon fans this year because of his championship. But, he's still got a lot of people who don't like him and that's not gonna go away as long as he keeps running XFINITY.

I don't know about "more hated". Kyle had people rooting for him last year because of the Daytona injury and he's got a lot of bandwagon fans this year because of his championship. But, he's still got a lot of people who don't like him and that's not gonna go away as long as he keeps running XFINITY.
Yep. But he still gets boo'ed very loudly by a very large majority of the fans. The boo's were deafening at the ASR last weekend during driver introductions. And for very good reasons. He'a an asz.

Yep. But he still gets boo'ed very loudly by a very large majority of the fans. The boo's were deafening at the ASR last weekend during driver introductions. And for very good reasons. He'a an asz.
was it the belt thing? I didn't really see all of it

Some people really like Kyle's attitude but a lot of people really don't like it too.

I don't think there is really such a thing as the most hated driver in the sport. Hell if you ever been to a race in person they boo all the drivers during introduction except for Dale jr. They treat the guy likes he's a god or something. I like Dale jr and the man does a lot of great things off the track, but so does most of the drivers. I just think we sound like a bunch of WWE clowns when we pick someone as the most hated driver. They are all decent guys/woman at the end of the day. Just some are better wheelmen than others.

I don't think there is really such a thing as the most hated driver in the sport. Hell if you ever been to a race in person they boo all the drivers during introduction except for Dale jr. They treat the guy likes he's a god or something. I like Dale jr and the man does a lot of great things off the track, but so does most of the drivers. I just think we sound like a bunch of WWE ass clowns when we pick someone as the most hated driver. They are all decent guys/woman at the end of the day. Just some are better wheelmen than others.
Nope.

I'm willing to bet that those who detest them never miss an opportunity to pick them in their fantasy league. ;)
I don't detest them and you know it. I dislike them both. :p

Back
Top Bottom