Has Kevin Harvick (at age 43) Lost A Step?

Huge win for Harvick and SHR, I believe he was pretty far below the cut line before the flag dropped. I still can't get over how fast the SHR cars were. Harvick said the Gibbs cars were it on the short tracks, but SHR Fords have the advantage on the larger ones.

Kevin has prepared himself for losing a step with added bodyguard protection.

harvick-1-625x340.jpg

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...rrone-conor-mcgregor-kevin-harvick-spotlight/

Well, he will be getting his step back with the lower downforce stuff at the short tracks. One could argue that his advantage is back at Phoenix which is kind of an important race next year in the fall.

I can't wait to make a thread when Harv wins it all this year.

For every one of you, there are probably 30 Matt DiBenedetto internet fanboys who are thinking the same thing. :)

For every one of you, there are probably 30 Matt DiBenedetto internet fanboys who are thinking the same thing. :)

Sure, but who has the realistic expectations?

Also, awesome news, but not surprising. Harvick has said over and over he wants to race til he isn't competitive anymore. People didn't want to believe him for some odd reason.

Harvick is SHR. He needs better teammates, maybe this year it will be better.

Does he though? Clint is solid. Cole is gonna win ROTY, mark my words. I'm not sold on Aric but he's mid-pack at worst.

Top Car: Harvick: 6 Poles, 4 Wins, Champ Contender.
Middle Car/s: should be bringing success (wins), sponsors :D, and good data to build a competitive championship organization throughout the season. BL: At some point, Clint and Aric should be producing wins or leave.
Last Car: Custer -- driver development, investment in the future. Suarez was a sitting duck.

I can't really compare SHR to JGR (just too complete and dominant of an organization) last year.

But Harvick found a way -- while his SHR teammates were just unable to put together complete races to get to VL. Even fellow Ford Penske "also ran" pilots got to VL.

Top Car: Harvick: 6 Poles, 4 Wins, Champ Contender.
Middle Car/s: should be bringing success (wins), sponsors :D, and good data to build a competitive championship organization throughout the season. BL: At some point, Clint and Aric should be producing wins or leave.
Last Car: Custer -- driver development, investment in the future. Suarez was a sitting duck.

I can't really compare SHR to JGR (just too complete and dominant of an organization) last year.

But Harvick found a way -- while his SHR teammates were just unable to put together complete races to get to VL. Even fellow Ford Penske "also ran" pilots got to VL.

I agree on many points. I think the gap between Harvick and his teammates is the biggest one in the Cup series.

I agree on many points. I think the gap between Harvick and his teammates is the biggest one in the Cup series.

Well yeah. He's a HOFer in his prime and he's racing with two average drivers and a rookie. Doesn't mean those guys suck.

Last edited:
It's a shame they ditched Kurt Busch or to be fair maybe Kurt ditched them with unreasonable contract demands. He was not up to Harvick's level but he was at the very least a consistently top finishing car there more so than anyone else has ever been at SHR. It always felt like that team was just on the cusp of breaking out but they instead were forever off by just a little.

It's a shame they ditched Kurt Busch or to be fair maybe Kurt ditched them with unreasonable contract demands. He was not up to Harvick's level but he was at the very least a consistently top finishing car there more so than anyone else has ever been at SHR. It always felt like that team was just on the cusp of breaking out but they instead were forever off by just a little.

I may be wrong but I heard him and Tony just didn't get along.

Yeah that's always been the rumors. And the 41 is Gene's car that Tony really doesn't have any say about.

Staerting 10th in the Clash, this will be a preview of what's u[.

If Bowyer and Almirola can get back to their 2018 performance levels they'll be okay

I'm guessing DeLena had no luck talking him out of the sport, lol.

So he wears the firesuit in the family after all?

And it should have been so many more. He's finished in 2nd place a total 21 times at SHR. There were so many 2nd place finishes in 2015 that it cost him a championship.

And it should have been so many more. He's finished in 2nd place a total 21 times at SHR. There were so many 2nd place finishes in 2015 that it cost him a championship.
Usually because of a bad, late-race pit stop. You could almost count on it happening at least once or twice a race.

Huge win for Harvick and SHR, I believe he was pretty far below the cut line before the flag dropped. I still can't get over how fast the SHR cars were. Harvick said the Gibbs cars were it on the short tracks, but SHR Fords have the advantage on the larger ones.

Errrrr.....the Chevys? Hellllllooooooo!

Back
Top Bottom