Has Kevin Harvick (at age 43) Lost A Step?

I'm mostly talking about the ripple effect caused by Chase losing his cool at Bristol. And to escalate he said over the radio he was going to wreck Harvick and I think he fully intended to if he had the chance. You can disagree on that hypothetical though. Doesn't change the fact Chase hurt his title run at Bristol by retaliating on track.

As for Harvick maybe someone here is arguing that he hasn't been a total ass throughout this but I'm definitely not. We agree on that.
Now that I can see. I'm just enjoying watching Chase live absolutely rent free in Harvick's head. No matter how much Sirius NASCAR radio wants to hype it and say "it's not over," I am not concerned at all. NASCAR will not let a now non-playoff car intentionally screw things up.

Your best post today. 😎
Now would you like to actually circle back around to what we was originally talking about? Road Courses? Larson has only straight up beat him at one. The other two Larson won, something that Larson didn’t do, ruined Chase’s day.

Now would you like to actually circle back around to what we was originally talking about? Road Courses? Larson has only straight up beat him at one. The other two Larson won, something that Larson didn’t do, ruined Chase’s day.
No interest in that, but thanks.

I get what you're saying, but they don't put the "woulda coulda shouldas" in the record book. Larson kicked Chase's butt at Sonoma. No argument. Was Chase better at WG? Yes. Did they put themselves in a hole and crap the bed? Yep. So, yeah, he wasn't the fastest per se but Larson out-executed the 9 team that day. It is what it is. Yes, he won the Roval over Chase because of the 4. Crap happens. I'm salty as all hell about going from Champ to beta dog in the matter of months, but the only way out of that is to start performing. I mean, I don't think any less of my Chase Kansas win diecast because Harv choked the race away on pit road after dominating. I respect the fight here, but you're not winning this argument. The only RC win "taken" from Chase was the rainbow caution at Daytona.

I get what you're saying, but they don't put the "woulda coulda shouldas" in the record book. Larson kicked Chase's butt at Sonoma. No argument. Was Chase better at WG? Yes. Did they put themselves in a hole and crap the bed? Yep. So, yeah, he wasn't the fastest per se but Larson out-executed the 9 team that day. It is what it is. Yes, he won the Roval over Chase because of the 4. Crap happens. I'm salty as all hell about going from Champ to beta dog in the matter of months, but the only way out of that is to start performing. I mean, I don't think any less of my Chase Kansas win diecast because Harv choked the race away on pit road after dominating. I respect the fight here, but you're not winning this argument.
I’m going with what was said originally, that Larson TOOK the win. To me that means they was actually racing each other for the win, and Larson beat him. If I wreck you when you likely was going to win, and someone else wins, that person didn’t take the win from you, I did.

I’m going with what was said originally, that Larson TOOK the win. To me that means they was actually racing each other for the win, and Larson beat him. If I wreck you when you likely was going to win, and someone else wins, that person didn’t take the win from you, I did.
I see your point. The anti-Chasers will not. The data just hasn't been on our side this year.

It hasnt been Larson vs Elliott.

It’s been the #5 team vs the #9 team.

This season, the #5 team has built faster cars, has had better pit road execution, has had great strategy, and has raw talent behind the wheel. They have outclassed the field. The only team close has been the #11 team.

The only real Larson v Elliott battle we’ve seen was at Sonoma and Larson took the W.

Maybe we’ll get more head to heads before the season ends.

I see your point. The anti-Chasers will not. The data just hasn't been on our side this year.
Which I agree with. Looking at the numbers only, Larson has won 3 RC races to Chase’s 2. Over all Kyle has won 7-2 and is the best at HMS. No denying that. I just like looking at more than just numbers sometimes.

Which I agree with. Looking at the numbers only, Larson has won 3 RC races to Chase’s 2. Over all Kyle has won 7-2 and is the best at HMS. No denying that. I just like looking at more than just numbers sometimes.
Yeah. As a 9 fan, I view this year as a massive disappointment/failure. That said, he's still alive in the playoffs and anything can happen.

8066D1DA-EE0E-4144-A2A6-946A62E15DD2.jpeg

That championship trophy is impressive, imagine if Elliott got two of those in a row?

At least he still has a chance to do just that! 😎

Yeah. As a 9 fan, I view this year as a massive disappointment/failure. That said, he's still alive in the playoffs and anything can happen.
Just got to hope he closes out strong. Lucky for me I also like Larson, so it’s not been a total let down for me lol. Just wish Chase was having a better season.

Agree 100%. When you take into consideration all the crap that has happened to the 9 team this year, some self inflicted, much of it not, the fact that they still have a reasonable shot at advancing to the final four is pretty incredible. What I like the best is knowing that win lose or draw the exact same Chase Elliott is going to go back to Dawsonville the next day and probably ride the boat around the lake. The same reason I admire Harry Gant so much. Win four in a row or DNF four in a row, on Monday Harry would be herding cattle or pounding nails somewhere.

2021 season to date - Elliott v Larson

Wins - Larson +5

Top fives - Larson +4

Top tens - Larson +5

Laps led - Larson +1484

Yes, you read that correctly.
It's not even close. I think any rational person can see that. However, rational people seem to be in short supply and that's why Harvick must be blamed for everything.

It's not even close. I think any rational person can see that. However, rational people seem to be in short supply and that's why Harvick must be blamed for everything.
By the numbers, you are correct. It's not even close. Numbers don't ALWAYS tell the whole story though. I think BOTH drivers are incredibly close on talent, and most days the winner will decided by the car and which TEAM executes the best. Denny Hamlin has outperformed Kyle Busch for two straight years. Is Denny REALLY a better driver than Kyle? My gut says no. If Kyle Larson and Chase become the second coming of Jimmie and Jeff, I'm not going to complain too much, regardless which driver is at the top.

Again, what has Chase done to escalate after Bristol? What could he have done yesterday? He passed Harv clean multiple times. Stay on the 4's bumper so that he never got the chance to dump him? Then the 4 would've just brake checked. Harv is being a complete and total ass, and I truly believe he's about to see NASCAR's ire behind the scenes. Oh, they'll market the hell out of it (and why wouldn't they?), but behind closed doors they are going to rip Harv a new one.
There are 2 things you said that I'm in full agreement on. Harvick is pushing the matter way more then Chase, and the sanctioning body will use this feud to the max for marketing. They have been using this feud and others just like it to promote their product for many years. NHRA does the same thing. A team has a big explosion and scatters the body and parts all over the place and they can't wait to put it in their commercials...but then they dock them points and fine them monetary damages for the oil down. That is because the fans love the explosions but doesn't like sitting through a clean up on a 100 degree day.

Last edited:
I’m honestly shocked he’s acting like this. Taking a guy out in a race? That’s absurd man, unless you’re going for the win or paying someone back for an intentional takeout you don’t do that.

He’s just a jealous pr*ck and always has been. Same guy who blamed Dale for the down turn because he didn’t win more races

It's not even far fetched to say he can easily still go back to back. He's won at Kansas and he's one of the best 2 or 3 in the field at Martinsville.

I'd take him in a heartbeat over Larson at Phoenix in 1 race for the title and I don't think I'd be the only one to do so. He's been there done that.

Now that I can see. I'm just enjoying watching Chase live absolutely rent free in Harvick's head. No matter how much Sirius NASCAR radio wants to hype it and say "it's not over," I am not concerned at all. NASCAR will not let a now non-playoff car intentionally screw things up.
Logano was a non-playoff driver in Homestead in 2017, and cost KFB the title. Just saying....

It's not even far fetched to say he can easily still go back to back. He's won at Kansas and he's one of the best 2 or 3 in the field at Martinsville.

I'd take him in a heartbeat over Larson at Phoenix in 1 race for the title and I don't think I'd be the only one to do so. He's been there done that.
Larson's championship to lose. 100%.

Logano was a non-playoff driver in Homestead in 2017, and cost KFB the title. Just saying....
I honestly don't remember, as since my guy was out I don't recall watching with lots of interest. Did the 22 block or hit the 18? That's when MTJ won, right? (so at least another TRD)

They stunk out loud at Phoenix in the Spring (9 team). Only race I had any confidence in was Roval, and that's gone.

Well to be fair the word taken changes things a little bit depending how you look at it. He didn’t take yesterdays win from him, Kevin took that away. He didn’t take Glenn away, Chase’s crew screwed him there and he ALMOST came back to win it. He won COTA and Road America. Neither won Daytona RC, as well as neither won the Indy RC. So if you look at it in that way, Larson didn’t take the wins.. something else happened to change the game. 3-2 on Road Courses and two of the 3 for Larson someone else did something to Chase.
Chase elliott haters dont like logic, calm down

Absolutely LOVING the way it went for Harvick and I hope he is still humiliated at the way he choked in fear of the retribution he had coming.
But he didn’t forget how to drive since last year. The 4 team’s descent is due to something with the car and/or team. Entire SHR group and Ford for that matter have dropped in performance.

More and more a Blaney fan every day. Of course Busch wants to play the victim here too. Last year he said something to the effect he understood why Harvick dumped him and was cool. NOW he wants to whine.....

Harvick's Roval Adventure

Was it by WRECKING him? Cause I’m pretty sure Kyle finished that race.
That's my point. Moving forward.....Kevin doesn't have to wreck him to screw him.

Back
Top Bottom