Has Kevin Harvick (at age 43) Lost A Step?

This whole deal is so silly. It is not a big deal. Dear God. The reasons why it has legs is...1) It's Chasey, 2) It's Chasey, and 3) It's Chasey.....Havick has been a far bigger dick before this, and he will probably be a bigger dick after it. Get over it....Chase will be just fine.

this is good internet

92750AF3-EB06-4086-82EE-C5F70B2B93A9.jpeg

Wonder if Kevin might be interested in getting into one of MY Toyotas....I am starting to like him more and more....
You may be onto something. He's got the resume, and he's achieved the biggest prerequisite: become as insanely UNlikable as possible. He'd be back to winning 6-9 races a year at JGR.

This whole deal is so silly. It is not a big deal. Dear God. The reasons why it has legs is...1) It's Chasey, 2) It's Chasey, and 3) It's Chasey.....Havick has been a far bigger dick before this, and he will probably be a bigger dick after it. Get over it....Chase will be just fine.
We know. I don't know if you've noticed, but Chase isn't the one still barking in the media.

So what's Chase then? Last time he tried taking out Kevin he completely missed and took out the 41
Don't know but Chase hasn't made a career of making empty physical threats yet convincing the media he is some badass. Chase knows he isn't and has no hesitation to screw Harvick when he feels wrongs. Seems to have a little more class about things too.

Don't know but Chase hasn't made a career of making empty physical threats yet convincing the media he is some badass. Chase knows he isn't and has no hesitation to screw Harvick when he feels wrongs. Seems to have a little more class about things too.
Thank you Dr. Phil

A psychiatrist in a 4XL firesuit giving advice.View attachment 58141
Real classy. I find it ironic that the virtuous around here that seem to know what everyone should think are usually the first to roll out the low brow personal insults. I was merely pointing out that by his OWN ADMISSION, Kevin has had a difficult relationship with his own father. Maybe that explains why he seems to be so snarky all of the time and seems to have no issue with throwing his own son under the bus to take a jab at another driver. Sorry if that's too Dr. Phil for you. Just for the record, that was a 2XL firesuit bud.

Real classy. I find it ironic that the virtuous around here that seem to know what everyone should think are usually the first to roll out the low brow personal insults. I was merely pointing out that by his OWN ADMISSION, Kevin has had a difficult relationship with his own father. Maybe that explains why he seems to be so snarky all of the time and seems to have no issue with throwing his own son under the bus to take a jab at another driver. Sorry if that's too Dr. Phil for you. Just for the record, that was a 2XL firesuit bud.
nah it just proves how far some will go to insane lengths to try to prove their position. sickening

Yet, you're the one trying to physcho analyze the man. Also, miss with the "virtuous" talk.

The personal issues of the drivers are just that, their issues. Just as someone said with Hamlin's personal issues yesterday, its not the time for it. If that is connected to his ordeal to be snarky, its just who he is. He's been the same smart ass for years.

I like Harvick as well, but he gets the talking a bit too much at times. He's been right about past issues and some stances I disagree with him on.

And people barely remember when Kevin was the champion.
Harvick probably has had the third most dominant 5-7 year stretch since 1990, looking at 2014-2020. Only Gordon and Johnson have been better. Daytona 500 winner, Brickyard 400 winner, Southern 500 winner, and 600 winner. 8 crown jewel wins, and champion.

He may be nearing a has been, but Elliott has a long long long ways to go to be considered a comparable driver.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Harvick probably has had the third most dominant 5-7 year stretch since 1990, looking at 2014-2020. Only Gordon and Johnson have been better. Daytona 500 winner, Brickyard 400 winner, Southern 500 winner, and 600 winner. 8 crown jewel wins, and champion.

He may be nearing a has been, but Elliott has a long long long ways to go to be considered a comparable driver.

I for one have NEVER questioned Harvick's ability, or his accomplishments, I have not speculated on whether he has "lost a step" just because he has had a bad season, and for years, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when maybe he didn't deserve it. I was even happy that he was able to win that championship if one of my more favored drivers couldn't. However, as long as Kevin continues to be a bigger jackass than usual as far as it concerns Chase Elliott, and as long as there are people on this forum that want to defend that behavior, I'm going to throw it right back. Right now my response to Kevin is exactly the same the as Ryan Blaney's: " F-him..."

We know. I don't know if you've noticed, but Chase isn't the one still barking in the media.
He's doing it in a more subtle manner. It's definitely a little instigator as well. He could have handled it like his old teammate JJ, super PC and behind the scenes. Apparently Jimmie and Kevin had issues in 06 For a few months. It literally never made it to the media.

I for one have NEVER questioned Harvick's ability, or his accomplishments, I have not speculated on whether he has "lost a step" just because he has had a bad season, and for years, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when maybe he didn't deserve it. I was even happy that he was able to win that championship if one of my more favored drivers couldn't. However, as long as Kevin continues to be a bigger jackass than usual as far as it concerns Chase Elliott, and as long as there are people on this forum that want to defend that behavior, I'm going to throw it right back. Right now my response to Kevin is exactly the same the as Ryan Blaney's: " F-him..."
I don't think people are defending his behavior. Is anyone? He's certainly in the wrong and has perpetuated it. I just think some of us are simply stating that Chase's hands are a bit dirty as well in perpetuating the drama. That's all.

He's doing it in a more subtle manner. It's definitely a little instigator as well. He could have handled it like his old teammate JJ, super PC and behind the scenes. Apparently Jimmie and Kevin had issues in 06 For a few months. It literally never made it to the media.

Yup, JJ did his talking on the track.

Now you're speaking my language of psychodynamics. Didn't realize Harvick had a rocky relationship with his father, and it would make sense of what he's learned from that is playing out.

That said, pathologizing behavior like that only goes so far when a line is crossed. Plenty of trauma victims (not saying he is) become dangerous hurtful people, and it isn't an excuse.

We can agree that Harvick may be taking it a bit too far. But at the end of the day, it's some fun drama, it's gonna die down, it's good for the sport.

And Im just glad NASCAR's most popular driver has an edge to him and is a bit of a **** stirrer himself

Yup, JJ did his talking on the track.
I don't fault Chase for it. Both drivers are in the right. And both have handled it a bit dramatically, albiet Kevin has stomped his feet more.

Where I see Kevin and Kyle having a point is Chase racing like it’s Lap 1 at Nashville Superspeedway lol.

Stage racing makes these guys go hard hard hard and that’s cool…… but you kinda miss the days of Mark letting ya by.

I don't fault Chase for it. Both drivers are in the right. And both have handled it a bit dramatically, albiet Kevin has stomped his feet more.

Agree....I'm not picking sides as to their on track issues before Bristol....but h=Harv post Bristol threats of violence and his usual inaction are just comical. Inaction regarding his beating someone's ass threats. BS with cars is kinda chicken**** but I get it. It WAS safer as long as you completely knock them out of a race. Not knocking Chase out then wrecking yourself trying to run away is epic "Closer".

I lost all respect for Harvick after what he did @ the Roval. The fact that he wrecked himself in front of Chase is cherry on top of the cake. Harvick wrecking Chase @ the Roval for no reason strikes me as someone who is jealous.

Lets all put some harvick helmets on and take this to pit road. Call josh jones…

I lost all respect for Harvick after what he did @ the Roval. The fact that he wrecked himself in front of Chase is cherry on top of the cake. Harvick wrecking Chase @ the Roval for no reason strikes me as someone who is jealous.
Let me try to understand this. Kevin had never bashed on or deliberately tried wrecking Chase before Chase deliberately held him up. But that incident pissed Harvick off "which would have probably pissed any driver off including Chase if it happened to him" and then they had words after the race which seemed to have pissed Harvick off even more. Harvick then said he was going to retaliate "which he did just what he said he was going to do" and that pissed off a number of the Chase fan base which lead us to where we are now. I'm trying to understand how you came to the conclusion of jealousy out of all of this. Now I might be a tad jealous of Chase and Kevin. They both have more money then they probably know what to do with, they both live a very exciting life and get to drive cool cars and will never have to worry about where their next meal is coming from... and they both have supporting families. My highlight of a day is coming here and responding to these threads with my fellow Chase fans. Holy sh-t, it's a good thing I don't own a gun... I may shoot myself.

Last edited:
Harvick wrecked Chase 3 times and Chase wrecked Harvick 0 times yet Harvick still thinks he's in the right lol.
There are 3 races left so lets hope he doesn't wreck him a 4th time. At least I sure hope he doesn't anyway. Some people probably like the drama...but not me.

Last edited:
I was just reviewing this thread while enjoying some home made bbq chicken for dinner, and the only thing I can add is there are some posters in here ready to rip someone’s freakin head off
And if they don't do it they must be chicken. :D

Back
Top Bottom