hendrick 2019

acmerocket

Team Owner
chase will win the most races,but who will be next chad or jimmy,sorry but the 88 will be the cursed 4th car.

chase will win the most races,but who will be next chad or jimmy,sorry but the 88 will be the cursed 4th car.
The 88 has been the test vehicle/driver for a couple years.
Who comes first:
Chad with new driver
Jimmy with new CC
Chase with existing team.

Chase had a respectable season all told, Bowman showed speed, and Byron kept getting better, had a good finish at homestead and won rookie of the year. Hendrick isn't having sponsorship problems, the money is there, but the big question mark for me and for all of the teams are the new packages for next year. Some drivers are going to excel as will some of the different organization's car builders.

The 88 was the 2nd best car in the HMS stable all season. IF the Hendrick cars are competitive next season, I wouldn't be shocked to see them be a top ten car in points. I think the 24 will be much improved, but they are probably a year away from being a real threat. The real question for me is will the change in crew chiefs will rejuvenate JJ.

Hard to say how they will do without seeing what the new aero package is. And if Chevy gets their act together. Both huge question marks.

Anyone else think Bowman is just medicore?

He made the playoffs in crappy cars and outperformed a seven time champion most of the time. What exactly do you want from him? Is he the next coming of Kyle Busch? No. Can he be a really solid top 10-15 driver? I sure think so.

He made the playoffs in crappy cars and outperformed a seven time champion most of the time. What exactly do you want from him? Is he the next coming of Kyle Busch? No. Can he be a really solid top 10-15 driver? I sure think so.

15th in a 40 car field is slightly above average. He's okay, but he's no Chase.

No, I don't think he's another Chase either, BUT that was also Chase's third full time year with the team and the crew chief, where as it was Alex's first full season with the team. I also don't think we can overstate just how crappy the HMS cars were most of the time. In equal equipment I think he could go toe to toe with say, Blaney and the Jones Boy.

No, I don't think he's another Chase either, BUT that was also Chase's third full time year with the team and the crew chief, where as it was Alex's first full season with the team. I also don't think we can overstate just how crappy the HMS cars were most of the time. In equal equipment I think he could go toe to toe with say, Blaney and the Jones Boy.
Blaney is close.

I think Blaney is > Jones at this point

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hendrick and Chevrolet need to get their act together. Last year was a huge disappointment. Chase had the only Chevrolet in the field that was capable of occasionally winning. None of the other Hendrick cars could hang. For a team with their resources, that is unacceptable. They can and will get it fixed, but it's hard to tell how soon with the rule packages changing all the time.

I agree with the above, Bowman is a middle of the pack, sometimes top 15 driver. He won't be winning any races. Junior was even worse after his concussion return so the 88 since 2015 hasn't really had success.

As for the 48, they looked like a rookie team this year. Its hard to believe a 7 time Champion can look so bad.

However, Chevy in general probably had their worst year...could be in NASCAR history, don't know.

I agree with the above, Bowman is a middle of the pack, sometimes top 15 driver. He won't be winning any races. Junior was even worse after his concussion return so the 88 since 2015 hasn't really had success.

As for the 48, they looked like a rookie team this year. Its hard to believe a 7 time Champion can look so bad.

However, Chevy in general probably had their worst year...could be in NASCAR history, don't know.
Bowman is not a middle pack driver, when Hendrick and Chevrolet work the bugs out you will see.

In a couple years from now, Bowman will be a top 10 driver.
Drivers #4, 14, 41, 11,1, and 31 will no longer be racing.
That really only leaves #18, 20, 9, 24, 10, Bell, Chastain

I think Bowman did a pretty good job this year when he had a car that would perform. He had a few races where he was running real good and then either got caught up in someone else's crash or had a tire go down or problems in the pit. I think he did much better then he is getting credit for. I think he raced pretty smart and gave the other drivers a lot of respect on the track and he didn't run over the edge like some drivers do.

Bowman is not a middle pack driver, when Hendrick and Chevrolet work the bugs out you will see.

This. There were some races where Bowman was just as good as Chase. Also, JJ was down this year and Alex matched JJ pretty well. Bowman was extremely consistent and honestly he was the second best of the HMS bunch for the majority of the season.

Remember, a whole lot of folks were expecting Byron to beat Bowman. It wasn't even close with both this year, I think Ives and Bowman will win a race next year. Especially at a track like Fontana and Michigan, Bowman excels at those tracks. To say he was mediocre is laughable because Chevy was **** all year outside of Elloitt and Larson.

Lack of experience finally caught up with Byron this year I think. That and the Chevy's needed so much to be competitive. The car really was the deciding factor with this package. So little downforce meant every little thing had to be exploited and that just doesn't happen overnight with a new body and hardly any data to go by. I think with everybody pretty much starting over next year there stands a good chance of the Chevy's being better.

Everything will be different with the new package. Hard to predict who will benefit and who will take longer to figure it out

without any in car track bar adjustments, I think a lot of rising and falling is going to take place when it comes to track position. I hope so anyway. It would be good for teams to be spotlighted when they get it right if it is harder to so. Chad might come to the forefront in that area.

This. There were some races where Bowman was just as good as Chase. Also, JJ was down this year and Alex matched JJ pretty well. Bowman was extremely consistent and honestly he was the second best of the HMS bunch for the majority of the season.

Remember, a whole lot of folks were expecting Byron to beat Bowman. It wasn't even close with both this year, I think Ives and Bowman will win a race next year. Especially at a track like Fontana and Michigan, Bowman excels at those tracks. To say he was mediocre is laughable because Chevy was sh!t all year outside of Elloitt and Larson.
Do you think the 9 and 42 had better equipment than the 88?

Hamlin is retiring in a couple years? Doubt it.
His ride depends on his sponsor. Denny isn't the winner we thought he would be and he choked every chance he got to win a championship.

His ride depends on his sponsor. Denny isn't the winner we thought he would be and he choked every chance he got to win a championship.

I am very disappointed in Denny. Had HIS crew chief. Had the equipment. Had all that he needed, and didn't win one race. Holy ****. I think JGR can do better with that ride.

Denny has a long history of being mediocre in a pretty good organization, Bowman not so much in comparison. It is his first full year driving for Hendrick.

Denny has a long history of being mediocre in a pretty good organization, Bowman not so much in comparison. It is his first full year driving for Hendrick.

Do you see Bowman as a Championship 4 contender some day? I don't.....and everybody on a Hendrick team should have that potential IMO.

Do you see Bowman as a Championship 4 contender some day? I don't.....and everybody on a Hendrick team should have that potential IMO.
they don''t at Gibbs Hamlin proves that. Bowman once again only has one full year experience, I am not that dumb to write somebody off their first year or even the second or third, like weasel Joe does. Hendrick usually doesn't operate that way, but there are exceptions when a loose cannon is signed like a KDB. :D

Bowman was the second best at HMS last year. And his first year with HMS, when he was splitting time in the 88, ran better than Dale Jr. and just as good as Jeff Gordon, if not better.

So, yeah, mediocre? Based on what, a down year from Hendrick? Or his rookie season when he drove complete junk with BK Racing?

I see Bowman as an up and comer. I think he will do well and keep his ride for quite awhile.
Of course it all depends on how his sponsors like him and I think he is a likable guy.
Hendrick has 3 young fresh drivers that in 5 years will be front runners.

Bowman was the second best at HMS last year. And his first year with HMS, when he was splitting time in the 88, ran better than Dale Jr. and just as good as Jeff Gordon, if not better.

So, yeah, mediocre? Based on what, a down year from Hendrick? Or his rookie season when he drove complete junk with BK Racing?
So you noticed that, too. Apparently, these guys forgot about his run at Phoenix!

Gotta love that Hendricks horsepower with Matt Kensis behind the wheel.

- DW

Bowman looks like an above average driver, I don't see star driver, JR Nation & NASCAR could benefit from seeing Bowman win 5-10 races in the next 3-5 years though.

Back
Top Bottom