hendrick 2019

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by acmerocket, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Revman

Revman May God Bless Coach Joe Gibbs and all JGR Fans

I have never seen so much about a run in Phoenix a couple of years ago....

2. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

This is Chase's team for the foreseeable future. I think Bowman and Byron can be serviceable drivers who can win every once in a while, like an Almirola or Bowyer type, but not the type of drivers who will be regarded as serious title contender each year.

Dr_B_UNC likes this.
  3. Revman

Well, if you were an owner worried about sponsorship, you might be less patient.

4. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I think it is way too soon to tell. I do worry about Byron, he is going to get the Elliott/Hambone treatment or something similar.

5. Revman

Honestly, I hope Mr. H. stays with these guys so that we can play all of this out....but I don't know if he will/can.

6. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Its JJ's team until he retires

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

StandOnIt likes this.
  7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I don't know about that. JJ needs to be in front in the winners column for some fans. But yeah it doesn't matter to some. But they have been trying to throw him under the bus for one crappy season. I hope all of them get a hold of the new setups. More competition never hurts. It sucked looking at the board and seeing him running in the 20's a lot

machinistman3 likes this.
  8. Truex_rox

Truex_rox Furniture Row's Biggest Fan

It's kind of a big deal considering he led more laps and competed among the best in the car he was in compared to two drivers who have a tremendous stature in the sport and happened to drive the same car and didn't quite manage to emulate his results.

It's not just that one run, either. He had a respectable 2018 season. As other members here pointed out, he was more often than not closer to the fore at Hendrick.

9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

10. Dr_B_UNC

Dr_B_UNC Crew Chief

I can’t argue with JJ’s resume and all the wins, championships, etc. BUT the second half of this year was a passing of the torch. JJ is the figure head, but it’s Chase’s team now.

With the new package next year, 2/3 of the races will be “plate racing” type lotteries so who knows.

11. Revman

Eh. Pretty good point, but that was a different package at a different time. For some reason, this guy's success is guaranteed, and I don't agree.

Truex_rox likes this.
  12. Revman

The All Star Package brings hope IMO. It's a new game. Who is going to be first out of the gate?

13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Yeah that is the big question mark for next season IMO. It's pretty much a whole new ball game. It's possible it will suit some drivers style better than others, and some racing teams will be better at getting it figured out than others. For me, I don't think the 4 or 5 top drivers/teams will have any problems with the changes. But there will be new shenanigans.

14. Truex_rox

Truex_rox Furniture Row's Biggest Fan

I can see our final four from this year being good straight out of the gate - if the Mustangs do not face the same developmental problems that the Camaro has faced, that is.

15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Well, since they had Rodney under house arrest, he probably was working on the new Mustang.

16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

17. Ventisca

Ventisca Jackman Contributor

The way Chad treated JJ sometimes— I don’t believe it will be an ideal relationship with Byron. Although, I do believe progress will be made.

Only one winning driver out of four — at HMS in 2018. Can’t see that happening again in 2019 without “consequences and repercussions”... :D

18. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

88 will do better than 24... 48 and 9 will do better than both of them

19. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

You sure of that?

20. mack

mack Team Owner

Seems a little early in his career to determine his abilities. It took Chase longer than expected to win. Last year was rough in the Bowtie camps. I fault the cars last year more so than the drivers. Maybe the Chevys will be better this year. Who knows?

21. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

88 might do better than 48.. otherwise yeah I'm pretty sure

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

23. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Much better than the 2018 car. I like it

LewTheShoe likes this.
  24. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

I had no idea Jr was even there when I initially saw this. Cool if he’s still involved somewhat with the 88 team but I’d say it has more to do with Nationwide. I’d wager that Bowman wins a race this coming year, in fact I’d say everyone at HMS wins a race this year (is this a BOLD Prediction??? Not sure yet) however I’d also say we have now idea how the Chevy’s will run in this new aero package they are trotting out. Everyone is getting antsy for Daytona....I can’t wait for Atlanta.

2 Sweet likes this.
  25. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

With the new rules, HMS will be able to go back to Chad's cheating notes. :sarcasm:

Snappy D likes this.
  26. Mike Crayne

Mike Crayne Crew Chief

27. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

Johali likes this.
  28. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

I sure hope JR left Nationwide a little money because they are going to have to write a check to me and 3 other of my teammates sometime in the near future.:D

LewTheShoe and Johali like this.
  29. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Part of the deal to keep Nationwide sponsoring the 88 car was that Dale was included in the package. Plus with his close business and personal ties to HMS, I think he has a genuine interest in seeing the team as a whole and his old car in particular do well. I also think he looks at Alex as one of "his guys".

2 Sweet and Team Penske like this.