hendrick 2019

Chase for the future -- Jimmie, Bowman, Byron need to win or leave.

I would like to see the Jeff Gordon nuclear option...

Chase for the future -- Jimmie, Bowman, Byron need to win or leave.

I would like to see the Jeff Gordon nuclear option...

Hah. Gordon would never give Jimmie das boot, even if he doesn't win a single race again.

Byron has too much invested in him to be booted any time soon. He's only 21!

But Bowman... Yeah, not impressed.

Hah. Gordon would never give Jimmie das boot, even if he doesn't win a single race again.

Byron has too much invested in him to be booted any time soon. He's only 21!

But Bowman... Yeah, not impressed.
pretty much. I would say Bowman would be on the hot seat, but in all my years I have never seen a preacher/TRD move pulled on a driver by Hendrick.

pretty much. I would say Bowman would be on the hot seat, but in all my years I have never seen a preacher/TRD move pulled on a driver by Hendrick.

No but he could easily be let go when his contract expires.

That's an interesting comment. I guess you weren't a fan of the sport or watching the sport when Hendrick kicked Kyle to the curb and hired Dale Jr. then.

yep. be nice if Hendrick could snipe Bell. :p

The Truex thing makes no sense long term. Why not keep Suarez until Bell comes up? Is he gonna boot Hamlin instead? Why Truex over Denny?

The Truex thing makes no sense long term. Why not keep Suarez until Bell comes up? Is he gonna boot Hamlin instead? Why Truex over Denny?
I don't know what the TRD bunch is doing. Hendrick has said when he tried the driver development deal, they wrecked like 50 cars. So now he says much better to snipe one. Looking at the jam up TRD has now it pretty much makes sense.

Wasn't the Kyle thing mutual?

I don't think so. I think Rick Hendrick released Kyle due to his attitude, the whole Kyle leaving the race track while his team was working on his car situation, and Jr.'s sponsorship dollars being available. Call it what you want but Rick got rid of Kyle.

So far out of all of the big silly season driver moves, Truex/Pearn has to be the biggest under performers so far. It could change at any time, but those two are duds so far. They had a win and four top 5's out of 7 races this time last year, compared to just two top 5's this year so far.

Wasn't the Kyle thing mutual?

No, Rick most certainly ran off Kyle, and it took Kyle a LONG time to get over it. He pretty much admitted how butt hurt he was on JR's podcast. Honestly, the chip on his shoulder is probably part of the reason for his success since then.

but in all my years I have never seen a preacher/TRD move pulled on a driver by Hendrick.

Maybe that's Hendrick's problem. The other problem he has is that he has no plan for filling his seats, so he isn't faced with more talent that steering wheels. He leaves that up to TRD/Coach, and is apparently good with the trickle down. Worked for Penske, but Mr. H. has to be patient. There will be plenty of leftovers.

Maybe that's Hendrick's problem. The other problem he has is that he has no plan for filling his seats, so he isn't faced with more talent that steering wheels. He leaves that up to TRD/Coach, and is apparently good with the trickle down. Worked for Penske, but Mr. H. has to be patient. There will be plenty of leftovers.

I don't seem to recall Rick having too much trouble getting the drivers he wanted over the years. Keep in mind that his priorities may or not be different than what JGR/Toyota's are. I think he has the four guys he WANTS in his cars right now, whether they are as good as what some other teams have or not. Also keep in mind that IF he feels he needs to get some guys into the talent pool, all he has to do rearrange some funding for JR. Motorsports and presto, just like Chase Elliott. Right now, there is no pressing need for more drivers, so Rick and Dale are content to let ride buyers like Allgaier and Annett fill the seats, but that could change next year or the year after or the year after. Consider too, half the JGR Cup guys were brought up somewhere else too, and one of the home growns hasn't done much, and the other gives away about as many victories as he captures.

Yep Hendrick compared to the TRD factory doing what they have always done.

Whatever that means. Rick has a video game player and an overrated journeyman...and has us convinced that this is who he wants in the cars as his teams can't find speed. No doubt that contributes to the lack of depth in the debriefs, and that can't help. TRD and Coach know exactly who will be in what car for the foreseeable future. May or may not work out, but We won't be grasping for help in the 11th hour.....even when Todd Gordon's best friend, Farmer Carl went AWOL, WE had an answer. Didn't work out, but WE weren't searching.

I don't seem to recall Rick having too much trouble getting the drivers he wanted over the years. Keep in mind that his priorities may or not be different than what JGR/Toyota's are. I think he has the four guys he WANTS in his cars right now, whether they are as good as what some other teams have or not. Also keep in mind that IF he feels he needs to get some guys into the talent pool, all he has to do rearrange some funding for JR. Motorsports and presto, just like Chase Elliott. Right now, there is no pressing need for more drivers, so Rick and Dale are content to let ride buyers like Allgaier and Annett fill the seats, but that could change next year or the year after or the year after. Consider too, half the JGR Cup guys were brought up somewhere else too, and one of the home growns hasn't done much, and the other gives away about as many victories as he captures.

I don't think he really wants Byron and Bowman, honestly. He may have the space for development, but he isn't doing that, and space is one thing, but finding somebody to grab the wheel is another. Rick and Chevy are behind.

TRD has how many cup champioships?

Two Drivers and two manufacturers in 12 years. I will let you work the math out. Probably makes US look even better.

I don't know what the TRD bunch is doing. Hendrick has said when he tried the driver development deal, they wrecked like 50 cars. So now he says much better to snipe one. Looking at the jam up TRD has now it pretty much makes sense.

Hendrick is an owner....kind of....he is more Chevy than Chevy is itself...doesn't have the resources TRD has to do this right. TRD knows they can't keep everybody, but they are good with that. Would have never thought of a day when Rick Hendrick would go to the TRD fridge for the leftovers, but I guess that's what his plan is.

So far out of all of the big silly season driver moves, Truex/Pearn has to be the biggest under performers so far. It could change at any time, but those two are duds so far. They had a win and four top 5's out of 7 races this time last year, compared to just two top 5's this year so far.

You are being silly. They are fine. You so want them to fail that you are willing to make things up. If they were still Furniture Row, your spin would be different. SMDH. Man, you spend a lot of time thinking about silly stuff to say about MY Toyotas.....you might even think more about Toyota than I do. Rent free in your head. Don't let six wins in nine races and a 17 point lead in the Manufacturers Standings get you down. It's early. Things could change....maybe.

I don't think he really wants Byron and Bowman, honestly. He may have the space for development, but he isn't doing that, and space is one thing, but finding somebody to grab the wheel is another. Rick and Chevy are behind.

Why do you think he didn't want William and Alex? Byron was a JRM driver for a reason, and he was most definitely being groomed for Cup. As for Alex, that was a funded car (pending approval of the sponsor) and I'm sure Hendrick could have gotten NUMOUROUS drivers, but Alex got the ride, so what does that say? Yes, Rick and Chevy are behind, but it's NOT the fault of those two drivers. As I said in another post, consider that Rick's objectives may well be different than your/JGR/TRD. If he was ONLY interested in winning races, he would have sent Casey Mears packing instead of Kyle Busch back in 2007. Maybe after all of the things he has accomplished and all of the things he has gone through in his life, he has decided he would rather lose with people he likes, instead of winning with people he doesn't. I know personally, I wouldn't want to support the JGR driver lineup, even if they won ever single race, but that's just me. :)

Hendrick is an owner....kind of....he is more Chevy than Chevy is itself...doesn't have the resources TRD has to do this right. TRD knows they can't keep everybody, but they are good with that. Would have never thought of a day when Rick Hendrick would go to the TRD fridge for the leftovers, but I guess that's what his plan is.

I'm not sure exactly what leftovers you are talking about. I DO know the centerpiece of JGR/TRD is a HMS leftover. ;) On a more serious note, if TRD wants to expend their resources sorting through the kids and weeding out the hopeless ones, more power to them. I don't see anything wrong with letting them do the heavy lifting, and then getting some "draft picks" from the farm system.

Back
Top Bottom