Hendrick $3 million on corvette?

I see rick just bought the first mid engine corvette for 3 million. Here is an idea get the nascar teams you own actually outrunning other teams. Too many times gnassi and even buescher were outrunning hms cars. I am tired of seeing Jimmie have to drive over his head in a crap car

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/first-2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-million

I's been thinking about them fancy Lake Norman houses a lot of the drivers own too. They all can't be winning, the ones that ain't should sell them houses and get something more in line with a non winner.
This is not meant be punitive, they could just use the extra money to reinvest in the team.

FTR Tom Brady drives an Audi that many could afford. Martina McBride drove an old Accord for a long time after she got famous.
The way I see it a lot of these drivers could go on craigslist and save a lot of money on depreciation too.
I bought my Truck with about 20k miles for half price that way, still had all the bells and whistles.
Rick could also get an APP with coupons to use at Wal Mart too.

I see rick just bought the first mid engine corvette for 3 million. Here is an idea get the nascar teams you own actually outrunning other teams. Too many times gnassi and even buescher were outrunning hms cars. I am tired of seeing Jimmie have to drive over his head in a crap car

Another thing is Rick owning on all them dealerships. I am sure that he could extra service and he has to know who best service craftsmen are, woth just a little effort hd could a good car going for a lot less than three million.

Another thing is Rick owning on all them dealerships. I am sure that he could extra service and he has to know who best service craftsmen are, woth just a little effort hd could a good car going for a lot less than three million.
He can find some fast car hauler drivers also, that's the key I hear of these days

Crying about how other people spend their money.

Not defensible.

We are all here to help. Our mission and cause is a noble one from God.
Example: Posting on a straight talk prepaid money saving plan.
Not worrying about a high price Verizon plan has hrlped me to focus on the fantasy leagues and win four championships.

I believe Rick could learn something from me.

Jack likes to save money and it has been a help.

Jack likes to save money and it has been a help.
If that is THE Jack of Roush, he not only wrecked a pristine WW2 P-51 Mustang, he wrecked it twice almost killing himself in the process. I think it knocked him a bit goofy, not that he didn't have that far to go. I think he is on the forced savings plan after all that.

If that is THE Jack of Roush, he not only wrecked a pristine WW2 P-51 Mustang, he wrecked it twice almost killing himself in the process. I think it knocked him a bit goofy, not that he didn't have that far to go. I think he is on the forced savings plan after all that.
He crashed a Hawker 390 at Oshkosh of all places. Crashed the 51 once.

I see rick just bought the first mid engine corvette for 3 million. Here is an idea get the nascar teams you own actually outrunning other teams. Too many times gnassi...

That's some good live bait -- nothing artificial about that! :D

Petty won most his races with an an open trailer. The cost of the big closed trailer in haulers with the extravagant chrome wheels broke Perty Enterprises.
Check the time line, follow the money.

ok ok, I wrote this when I had just woke up in the morning and saw this. probably a bit cranky at the time showing up with cars that are in the mid 20's week in week out on the friday practice charts led me to have this attitude. The proceeds for the car while I haven't checked probably go to some sort of charity, so its not as bad as it may seem. It didn't help that yesterday I heard alex boman only has like 6 races this season funded so far.

its not all about money,i thinks nascar is 40% money and 60 % people in the right places.

I love when the internet tells a successful person in real actual life how to spend their money. God bless the internet and god bless this place :huh:

ok ok, I wrote this when I had just woke up in the morning and saw this. probably a bit cranky at the time showing up with cars that are in the mid 20's week in week out on the friday practice charts led me to have this attitude. The proceeds for the car while I haven't checked probably go to some sort of charity, so its not as bad as it may seem. It didn't help that yesterday I heard alex boman only has like 6 races this season funded so far.
so if the 88 only has 6 races funded and hes running the full season, who is funding the rest?

He could have bought a C4 for 5 grand and put the other $2,995,000 into his team.

Have you EVER ONCE in the 35 year history of Hendrick Motorsports hear somebody complain that they didn't get or have everything they needed to compete? Have you ever once heard somebody over there complain they weren't paid enough? HMS has had and still does have some issues, but money isn't one of them. As far as the car goes, that car was auctioned off for charity. Rick has a LONG history of buying these special cars, and many of them he has turned around and auction them off again to raise even MORE money for charity.

Have you EVER ONCE in the 35 year history of Hendrick Motorsports hear somebody complain that they didn't get or have everything they needed to compete? Have you ever once heard somebody over there complain they weren't paid enough? HMS has had and still does have some issues, but money isn't one of them. As far as the car goes, that car was auctioned off for charity. Rick has a LONG history of buying these special cars, and many of them he has turned around and auction them off again to raise even MORE money for charity.
Calm down man, it was a joke.

Too subtle.

Needed “HIS TEAM” in all caps.
Maybe it’s because I’m dense but I finally igured out the capitalization is for EMPHASIS and then remembered I’m slightly guilty of it myself. Your post made me LOL though

Hendrick Racing is one of the many business that Rick owns & the money that Hendrick pays himself is different from the money that Hendrick Racing gets. I'm sure Rick invest millions into his race team & can still afford a nice Corvette.

Hendrick says he has 140, 150 Corvettes, he don't even know how many he has :D oh man, first time I have seen his collection, part of it anyway.

that is because Rick always seems to employ drivers that are too professional to say it. maybe that is why kyle busch didn't work out. Jimmie isn't going to say that ever, even though he may think it. The other drivers never would in public either. I do think money is a big reason for the decline in HMS. Look at what has happened. Jeff and Dale Jr retired. every since then the team hasn't been the same. Those guys brought in extra millions. Also I would imagine that the Ally sponsorship was discounted a ton from what lowes had been paying. that is a big difference, less money for jimmie's car, dale jr and jeff gone. The company could be looking at working on the half the sponsorship revenue they used to bring in.

that is because Rick always seems to employ drivers that are too professional to say it. maybe that is why kyle busch didn't work out. Jimmie isn't going to say that ever, even though he may think it. The other drivers never would in public either. I do think money is a big reason for the decline in HMS. Look at what has happened. Jeff and Dale Jr retired. every since then the team hasn't been the same. Those guys brought in extra millions. Also I would imagine that the Ally sponsorship was discounted a ton from what lowes had been paying. that is a big difference, less money for jimmie's car, dale jr and jeff gone. The company could be looking at working on the half the sponsorship revenue they used to bring in.
Reality and what "you imagine" are not the same.

How do you explain or better yet blame one car owner for Chevrolet's problem? Chevy's by far field the most cars in the cup series and their wins and place figures have ALL nosedived. Ya know what? I think it's mostly the car and it's aero problems. Or one has to point fingers at all of the Chevy teams.

do you really think Rick used HMS money to pay for a corvette?? Serious question... this is like Business 101.

Back
Top Bottom