Hendrick Motorsport News

So much for the notion that HMS is regretting they decision to do Indy this year. As a side note, as wet as Indiana springs have been the last few years, a repeat of 2024 is not out of the question.

NASCAR threatened his charters? 😇
the-office-stanley.gif

Or no more waiver?
Yes. I know a lot of people still consider it a foregone conclusion that NASCAR wanted to drag out for publicity or whatever, but Jordan Bianchi reported that there were certainly some higher-ups involved in the decision-making process who were bitter that HMS chose the 500 after initially indicating it would be Charlotte. Even Elton Sawyer stated that there were “different opinions” among those in the discussions. It seems cooler heads eventually prevailed, with the caveat that it would strictly be a one-time circumstance.

Yes. I know a lot of people still consider it a foregone conclusion that NASCAR wanted to drag out for publicity or whatever, but Jordan Bianchi reported that there were certainly some higher-ups involved in the decision-making process who were bitter that HMS chose the 500 after initially indicating it would be Charlotte. Even Elton Sawyer stated that there were “different opinions” among those in the discussions. It seems cooler heads eventually prevailed, with the caveat that it would strictly be a one-time circumstance.
They are so full of shiet. They will give a waiver to suspended driver while being to stupid to see all of the positives of a cup driver doing the double and performing well in the 500.

They are so full of shiet. They will give a waiver to suspended driver while being to stupid to see all of the positives of a cup driver doing the double and performing well in the 500.
Yeah I think Hendrick's decision to run the 600 regardless is a money/points decision. Also, many of the fans at the 600 paid to see Larson run where as the 500 isn't affected as much if Larson has to leave early from the race. I know If I had to make the decision I would choose the 600 instead of staying to finish the 500.

Yeah I think Hendrick's decision to run the 600 regardless is a money/points decision. Also, many of the fans at the 600 paid to see Larson run where as the 500 isn't affected as much if Larson has to leave early from the race. I know If I had to make the decision I would choose the 600 instead of staying to finish the 500.
Not me. I'd rather win one Indy 500 than a half dozen Coke 600's. Sorry NASCAR, a Cup win is great, especially in one of the marquee events, but an Indy 500 win is immortality, especially if you're the first non Indycar regular to win it in my lifetime.

If your running for a championship in Indy, you choose the 500 over the 600. If your running for a championship in NASCAR you choose the 600 over the 500. Hopefully weather cooperates this year and it is a moot point.

I think part of it was the fact they weren’t sure they would even end up running the 600 that night if he did leave. It did end up shortened drastically.

Honestly it he chances of that happening two years in a row at BOTH races are slim.

If your running for a championship in Indy, you choose the 500 over the 600. If your running for a championship in NASCAR you choose the 600 over the 500. Hopefully weather cooperates this year and it is a moot point.
If I have a REALLY good shot at winning Indy, they would have to physically drag me out of the car. Kyle already has a Cup championship, and in this wild ass crap shoot of a championship format, the odds are so stacked against any one driver it's just not worth giving up on the 500. Joey Logano has two Cups. Other than Joey, who gives a crap?

If I have a REALLY good shot at winning Indy, they would have to physically drag me out of the car. Kyle already has a Cup championship, and in this wild ass crap shoot of a championship format, the odds are so stacked against any one driver it's just not worth giving up on the 500. Joey Logano has two Cups. Other than Joey, who gives a crap?

I respectfully disagree with your point of view on the matter.

As I recall it, the "Hooters' family, (Sorry I just spaced on their last name) wanted Loy in the 7 car after Kulwicki's death, but Felix Sabates, who was the executor so to speak of the 7 team did NOT want Loy Allen in the seat. That caused a riff between the Hooter's camp and the 7 team, which ultimately led to the 7 team getting sold to Geoff Bodine sans sponsorship, while Loy took Hooter's sponsorship over to TriStar Motorsports, where he had very modest success. I would call it unrealistic expectations on the shoulders of a driver without a lot of experience paired with a team that wasn't good enough to prop him up until he got his feet under him in Cup.

Geoff won a couple of races in the 7 if memory serves. I believe he was sponsored by QVC & Exide.

Geoff won a couple of races in the 7 if memory serves. I believe he was sponsored by QVC & Exide.
He won several, but a BIG factor in that was he was the Hoosier tire "house" car. Geoff did much of the tire testing for them, and when the Hoosiers were fast, Geoff tended to be VERY fast.

Back
Top Bottom