Hendrick Motorsport News

What's priceless is not having to listen to rice burner Revman yappin about MY yotas on the front row at Bristol.
The gerbils will have to dig deep for their poor Hamlin story starting in 8th this week.
Lots of space here in your head....and it's doesn't cost me a thing,

If I have a REALLY good shot at winning Indy, they would have to physically drag me out of the car. Kyle already has a Cup championship, and in this wild ass crap shoot of a championship format, the odds are so stacked against any one driver it's just not worth giving up on the 500. Joey Logano has two Cups. Other than Joey, who gives a crap?

I would argue that if you don’t care about winning a championship, you should pursue another discipline because you’re taking a spot from someone who gives a crap.

I know this may be hard for some to believe, but a driver doesn’t do what a fan wants or thinks they should do, they do what an owner and sponsor wants them to do and Larsons owner is also the sponsor and said owner/sponsor wanted Larson at Indy last year. End of story nothing really to discuss.

There isn’t anyone leaving at lap 97 of the Indy 500 if they’re in contention for the win, unless they’re absolutely forced to. Rick Hendrick even semi-jokingly deferred to Steve Phelps at the presser when one of the media members asked which race would take priority next year. NASCAR took a stand, so it is what it is. With some luck, it won’t be an issue again next year.

I would argue that if you don’t care about winning a championship, you should pursue another discipline because you’re taking a spot from someone who gives a crap.
I didn't say he didn't care, but given the two choices, a crapshoot shot at a SECOND title or an Indy 500 win, I know which one I'm choosing, and probably Kyle too. His motivations are a little different than most Cup drivers, hence all of the extracurricular racing activities, and taking all the time and effort away from his Cup focus to run Indy in the first place. I came to grips some time ago with the fact that his focus isn't only where NASCAR fans think it should be.

I’d say if he did ever do that again and wanted a waiver then he damn sure better win it.

I’d say if he did ever do that again and wanted a waiver then he damn sure better win it.
I'd rather see him get screwed by the fudged up point system myself and dominate the series when he is locked out of it. It's going to take something like that to show how stupid this playoff system is to Nascar's growth and prestige in the motorsport world.

Reactions: DTF
I think the points system is a little askew when Bowman can arrive in Bristol 4th in points, win the pole, stay in the top 10 most of the day and finish 9th but leaves Bristol 11th in points, but Byron can arrive in Bristol behind Bowman in points, qualify behind Bowman, run out of the top 10 most of the day, finish in 17th, but leave Bristol 4th in points, 7 positions ahead of Bowman in points.

I think the points system is a little askew when Bowman can arrive in Bristol 4th in points, win the pole, stay in the top 10 most of the day and finish 9th but leaves Bristol 11th in points, but Byron can arrive in Bristol behind Bowman in points, qualify behind Bowman, run out of the top 10 most of the day, finish in 17th, but leave Bristol 4th in points, 7 positions ahead of Bowman in points.
Playoff points from stage wins. They carry through.

I'd rather see him get screwed by the fudged up point system myself and dominate the series when he is locked out of it. It's going to take something like that to show how stupid this playoff system is to Nascar's growth and prestige in the motorsport world.

Heaven forbid we ask a driver that has the privilege to race in a top tier ride in the premier stock car series in the world to show up to his day job.

Heaven forbid we ask a driver that has the privilege to race in a top tier ride in the premier stock car series in the world to show up to his day job.
Personally I would listen to my sponsor, without him I may not have a ride in either series

Why don't we just let people run the races they want to run and let the points fall where they may? If you're a Kyle Larson fan, you know what he does, and it either works for you or it doesn't.

You may ask him to do whatever you please. But he probably will, and definitely should do whatever his team owner and sponsor want him to do. Which Larson did just that. Now if they wanted him to do something illegal or breaking the rules I could understand a decline from Larson. But nothing of that nature here.

Why don't we just let people run the races they want to run and let the points fall where they may? If you're a Kyle Larson fan, you know what he does, and it either works for you or it doesn't.

I think Larson is one of the most naturally gifted drivers in the world, but I sometimes find his attitude towards stock car racing (which a lot of his fans mimic) to be disrespectful towards the discipline.

If Larson, Hendrick, and Gordon want to miss a race to take part in extracurriculars then NASCAR shouldn’t grant them a waiver.

In a perfect world, this crap wouldn’t be necessary and we would just take the top 12 or 16 in points for the playoffs so Larson missing a race wouldn’t even matter. But you have to play within the sandbox you’re given.

Succeed or fail, Larson attempting the double is a PR Bonanza for NASCAR.

Waivers have been granted for races missed due to a snowboarding accident, a variety of injuries caused by impact with the wall during a NASCAR B Main, a flying sprint car driveshaft, a variety of closed head injuries suffered in dirt cars and most egregiously, imo, a one race rough driving suspension imposed by NASCAR itself.

Anyone who thinks Larson or anyone else missing all or part of a race because he or she chose to tilt it into IMS’ turn 1 at 220 mph in a car financed and sponsored by a NASCAR team owner is hallucinating. These people are not stupid.

I don't think some of the Nascar fans realize how big Kyle Larson is with the racing fans around the world. Larson not being at Indy the largest race in the word on that particular day just aren't getting it, and by the look of the two or three here at R-F they never will get it lol.

Joe and your toyotas, lost half of their team and didn't make it out of the first round lol. Boy wonder gone, Truex gave up. Definitely not much to brag about. How bout those Hendrick's?
No doubt a ****** round for US. You got me there. The only thing that I like about that round was Bell's consistency. He is the best shape ever. Change Gang is okay. Byron has been absent.....and I doubt Cutie Pie goes deep......and ya got yer money on Chasey? Dunno. This is fun.

Back
Top Bottom