Hendrick Motorsport News

Hendrick’s appeal likely will come down to two factors:

--NASCAR says it has had discussions with the teams on slight modifications they could do to the louvers to make them fit as the supplier has had issues making them 100 percent to NASCAR specifications. NASCAR contends that Hendrick went well beyond any approved modifications (sources say they modified the edges); Knaus indicated they had not.

--Hendrick never raced the parts as they were confiscated after practice March 10 at Phoenix. NASCAR says that doesn’t matter, that it takes very seriously any modification of a single-supplier part because the whole point of having one supplier is so teams have equal parts and pieces.

"It’s a terrible situation not only for us but the industry to be quite honest with you," Knaus said. "That’s what I dislike the most. It’s ugly. We shouldn’t be in this situation, and it’s really unfortunate that we are because it doesn’t help anybody."

Hendrick’s appeal likely will come down to two factors:

--NASCAR says it has had discussions with the teams on slight modifications they could do to the louvers to make them fit as the supplier has had issues making them 100 percent to NASCAR specifications. NASCAR contends that Hendrick went well beyond any approved modifications (sources say they modified the edges); Knaus indicated they had

I've said it before you can't allow teams to modify or repair issued parts. It's setting them up. Same thing with RFK last year.

IMO this one is on nascar, make the parts right, have enough of them available and nascar should be responsible for all repairs on standard parts. Teams - "I'm sorry I didn't a bad job at doing your job"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Nobody will ever make the parts as well as the teams do/did. Having parts suppliers without proper quality control led to this and the quick change to the short track package didn't help. Where was Nascar after they gave the go ahead for Hendrick to "fix" the parts? So not only did they not inspect the parts after the go ahead, Nascar takes the parts they said Hendrick could modify before they raced and drops the hammer lol.

Reactions: Pat
To me the longer this goes the more bizarre it is. Why do they not even have an appeal date set yet? Why would the #31 only modify one instead of both?

The fact that nascar said go ahead and modify them to fit but dont go too far, to me means they should win on appeal

The fact that nascar said go ahead and modify them to fit but dont go too far, to me means they should win on appeal
Maybe it's just me but by dragging their feet it seems like nascar is worried about this one holding up.

WTF is with NASCAR, The ideas are coming out of left field. Why are the wanting HMS to have 4 different appeal hearings for the same thing. Makes no sence

That's all they talked about today on Sirius. Nascar is doing this. they will have a separate hearing and appeals panel for each car # . That's the delay. It's stupid.
Yeah because somehow the case would be different for one of the 1 HMS cars. Seems like a stall tactic to me

Listening to Chad K today it sounds like Hendrick runs its business a lot better then NASCAR. More or less someone gave them the ok to fit them because they did not match the CAD drawing, Chad also made it sound like this is a common occurrence lately. Is someone at NASCAR not doing their job and checking to make sure single manufacturer parts are being made correctly ? Also they put the cars into an unnecessary prepactrice inspection. That they passed. Before qualifying they took the parts. They took 2 off each HMS car and only 1 from the 31

Listening to Chad K today it sounds like Hendrick runs its business a lot better then NASCAR. More or less someone gave them the ok to fit them because they did not match the CAD drawing, Chad also made it sound like this is a common occurrence lately. Is someone at NASCAR not doing their job and checking to make sure single manufacturer parts are being made correctly ? Also they put the cars into an unnecessary prepactrice inspection. That they passed. Before qualifying they took the parts. They took 2 off each HMS car and only 1 from the 31
See, the problem is that you are operating on the assumption that Chadly is being truthful....Jeffy too....and well the Ex Con....ya know.

Yeah because somehow the case would be different for one of the 1 HMS cars. Seems like a stall tactic to me

If anybody thinks this penalty will stick, they are out of their minds. This will be the classic "against all odds" and "truth wins" narrative. We will be faced with listening to Jeffy chest pumping how nobody calls into question Ex Con Motorsports' integrity.

16 Chevy cars listed for this year.
has any other Chevy team besides HMS and Kaulig complained about receiving inconsistent parts that Chad is complaining about?
or are they only showing up at HMS and Kaulig.

If anybody thinks this penalty will stick, they are out of their minds. This will be the classic "against all odds" and "truth wins" narrative. We will be faced with listening to Jeffy chest pumping how nobody calls into question Ex Con Motorsports' integrity.
So glad you have turned it around and are rooting for the Hendrick Kaulig bunch. What a feel good story for an X convict to turn his life around and make good in Nascar.

I'll be glad to be wrong (as it's frustrating as hell to see Larson with the fastest car this year back in 30th in points), but I think this penalty stands.

I'd be shocked if it gets overturned.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If Hendrick thinks they have a case, why proceed with the crew chief suspensions, instead of delaying them until after the appeal?

If Hendrick doesn't think they have a case, why would they appeal?
Because they are entitled. I think Jeffy and Chadly are genuinely shocked. Interesting that we haven't heard from the Ex Con.

I'll be glad to be wrong (as it's frustrating as hell to see Larson with the fastest car this year back in 30th in points), but I think this penalty stands.

I'd be shocked if it gets overturned.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think likely NASCAR came with the big ball penalty anticipating that it would be reduced. Anticipate 25 pts. per car, and a few of the Ex Con's hundreds.

I think likely NASCAR came with the big ball penalty anticipating that it would be reduced. Anticipate 25 pts. per car, and a few of the Ex Con's hundreds.
I think he's learned his lesson. No more bribing the yota people with a REAL car

If Hendrick thinks they have a case, why proceed with the crew chief suspensions, instead of delaying them until after the appeal?
They are appealing with the hope of lowering it to a 2 race suspension, they know the penalty won't be fully removed. Didn't we go over this last week?

If they have a paper trail of Nascar saying go ahead and modify the parts to fit, then there should be no penalties

If they have a paper trail of Nascar saying go ahead and modify the parts to fit, then there should be no penalties

IF

A lot of people are taking HMS’s word at face value here. Chad and HMS have a history of stretching the rule book. Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don’t, that’s racing. I’m not inclined to give HMS the benefit of the doubt.

February, 2012 …

”Prior to the start of practice at the beginning of Speedweeks NASCAR confiscated the "C" pillars off the Jimmie Johnson piloted Chevy. Although the pillars technically fit the templates NASCAR used, the governing body did not 'like' the way in which the pillars were altered for what NASCAR thought would give them an aerodynamic advantage and cut them out of the car. As a result of the modifications the 48 team was found to be in violation of Section 20-2.1E -- unapproved car body modifications, specifically any part of the car modified to enhance aerodynamic performance.”

“NASCAR handed Chad Knaus a $100,000 fine and suspended him and his car chief, Ron Malec, for six races. NASCAR also handed out points penalties to both Jimmie Johnson and car owner Rick Hendrick. This penalty combined with Johnson's poor finish in the Daytona 500 will have the #48 team in the negatives going into Phoenix this weekend.”

11 but who’s counting?

If I recall correctly (it’s been 13 or 11 years), the C pillars were built by an outside supplier. 😇

It would be very easy for Nascar to go to the supplier and take some to have scanned to see what the tolerances were. If I remember right there was some discussion on here awhile back and we were assured how there would be no difference in part measurements

It would be very easy for Nascar to go to the supplier and take some to have scanned to see what the tolerances were. If I remember right there was some discussion on here awhile back and we were assured how there would be no difference in part measurements
That depends on the tolerances built into the specific parts. All manufactured parts have a tolerance. No parts are exactly the same. In this case, they couldn't get the hoods to shut is what they are saying. They also say Nascar gave them the go ahead to modify the louver pieces so the hoods would shut. Nascar is saying they went farther with the mods.

That depends on the tolerances built into the specific parts. All manufactured parts have a tolerance. No parts are exactly the same. In this case, they couldn't get the hoods to shut is what they are saying. They also say Nascar gave them the go ahead to modify the louver pieces so the hoods would shut. Nascar is saying they went farther with the mods.
And I'm staying by my original statement - make the parts right in the first place and teams wouldn't have to modify them. You can't be mad that teams modified the "parts that can't be modified" to your liking under your direction

Back
Top Bottom