Hockey Season Saved

18,000+ fans showed up for Wednesday nights Black & Gold game. I'm telling you, the fans are ready for this season to begin. Let's Go Pens!

BLACK___GOLD_015_SLIDE.JPG

Since graduation I have stuff to do outside of here so I'm not on everyday. It was a disappointing loss, followed by a badly reffed UVM vs Penn State game followed by my birthday sunday including a badly reffed game in Buffalo.

Patrick Marleau is on fire like no one has seen before. 4 consecutive 2 goal games to begin the season. Plus 3 assists, for a total of 11 points in 4 games. That's unreal.

Flyers putting a beatdown on the Panthers tonight

I haven't seen any of the other three post on here for a while. How are you liking this season so far?

...I think I preferred the lockout:windows:

When your 5 points behind the Islanders you know its a rough year.

When your 5 points behind the Islanders you know its a rough year.
Amen to that. I'm about as casual of a hockey fan as there is, but the Islanders have been truly bad for a long time. Which is fine with me as I am a little more of a Rangers guy myself.

Although the Blue Jackets, Penguins, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Kings and Predators (how can you not like a team named predators?), are much higher on my list of teams I like.

I live a couple of hours from both the Blue Jackets and Penguins, so they are obvious choices since Cleveland lost it's NHL team decades ago. I also like Sidney Crosby quite a bit. I've pulled for the Kings since Gretzky played there years ago.

It does crack me up though, how little love hockey gets in America. I can't tell you how many times I was asked who the Blue Jackets were when I used my old Blue Jackets debit card. And on occasion, that was by sports fans.

That is a really impressive streak. Much more impressive that the Blackhawks streak in my mind because it is actually a streak of wins, not just not losing in regulation.
Unfortunately, for us Penguin fans, we lost Sidney Crosby to a broken jaw at the beginning of this last game. He took a deflected puck to the right side of the face right at the beginning of the game. That is a huge loss to the offense but the rest of the team stepped up well this last game. Tomorrow night's game is a home game against Buffalo.

Unfortunately, for us Penguin fans, we lost Sidney Crosby to a broken jaw at the beginning of this last game. He took a deflected puck to the right side of the face right at the beginning of the game. That is a huge loss to the offense but the rest of the team stepped up well this last game. Tomorrow night's game is a home game against Buffalo.
Yeah, I saw the replay of that. That was wicked. I wonder how long that will keep him off of the ice.

Word here is that it will take him out until the playoffs.
That wouldn't surprise me. With the way concussions and other head injuries are being handled I would expect it to be a long time. Plus, the Pens know what they have in Crosby. They aren't about to take any chances with the kid. And they are exactly right in doing so, of course. As much as I don't like seeing him on the ice in the short run, the long run would be hard to take.

I can't believe it's this late in the season and the Islanders are still playoff contenders. TB greatly disappointed but it's great to see the Islanders doing alright for once.

Flyers finally win 3 straight games for the first time all season, meaning next game we are ripe for a blowout.

The Blue Jackets traded for a three time 40-goal scorer in Marian Gaborik. He was the biggest name to be traded at the deadline. He's been struggling with the Rangers, but hopefully a fresh start can rejuvenate him a little bit. I don't know if he helps them make the playoffs this year or not. But, it's kinda nice that they are going for it.

Ok so the Blue Jackets make the playoffs if 1) Blue Jackets win, Red Wings win, Wild lose, 2) Blue Jackets lose in overtime/shootout, Red Wings win, Wild lose, 3) Blue Jackets win, Red Wings lose, Wild win, 4) Blue Jackets win, Red Wings lose in overtime/shootout, Wild lose in regulation/overtime/shootout.

Well now, that's just clear as mud. :crash:

Back
Top Bottom