Hockey Season Saved

The Isles blew it, they had a chance at the 6-seed and a first round series against Washington and now they draw the Pens. Good to be back in the postseason though.

The Isles blew it, they had a chance at the 6-seed and a first round series against Washington and now they draw the Pens. Good to be back in the postseason though.

I don't think anyone wants to be playing the Caps at this point either. They've woken up.

I think as far as 8 seeds go, the Islanders have more of a shot against the Penguins than the Wild against Chicago.

I don't think anyone wants to be playing the Caps at this point either. They've woken up.

I think as far as 8 seeds go, the Islanders have more of a shot against the Penguins than the Wild against Chicago.
Getting killed right now.:oops:

Jameswnh said:
I don't think anyone wants to be playing the Caps at this point either. They've woken up.​
I think as far as 8 seeds go, the Islanders have more of a shot against the Penguins than the Wild against Chicago.​
Getting killed right now.:oops:

Not to worry, they were carried out on stretchers after the event and revived enough that they should be able to show up again this Friday night at the Consol Energy Center. :cool:

What would be cool is if we are able to get back our best player, Sidney Crosby, for the playoffs.

Not to worry, they were carried out on stretchers after the event and revived enough that they should be able to show up again this Friday night at the Consol Energy Center. :cool:

What would be cool is if we are able to get back our best player, Sidney Crosby, for the playoffs.
Can you wait until at least the conference semis for that? Have some mercy!

Tremendous Games 2 and 3. It's been a pleasant surprise to see the Isles compete like they have the last two times out. Heartbreaker today, but entertaining nonetheless.

Heartbreaker today, but entertaining nonetheless.
Heartbreaking? Depends on which side of the puck you're watching this from. I love hockey's second season especially when having the games go to full period overtimes. Good stuff! Had the picture in picture displaying in side by side mode working overtime between the Pens and the race @ Talladega. :cool:

So, three of four have reported. Where's the fourth? Guess he disappeared because more hardware is looking destined to go to the other side of the state. Philly must be so depressed that Pittsburgh gets all the "bling".

It's been a pattern in the playoffs the last few years that under the right circumstances, one team will crack under the pressure and go off the deep end. Give them a good challenge and they respond by gooning it up and whining to the media. Vancouver in 2011, Pittsburgh last year, and it appears to be Montreal this year. They completely unraveled and embarrassed themselves last night. All the cheap shots they took in the third period, and they want to complain about Ottawa taking a timeout. They've effectively given the Senators that series. We've seen this happen before, and teams don't recover when they start doing this stuff.

So, three of four have reported. Where's the fourth? Guess he disappeared because more hardware is looking destined to go to the other side of the state. Philly must be so depressed that Pittsburgh gets all the "bling".
We on the west side of the state have reached out to our brothers on the east side to attend the parade to be held here in Pittsburgh as welcomed guests. To date, we've received no reply.

Heartbreaking? Depends on which side of the puck you're watching this from. I love hockey's second season especially when having the games go to full period overtimes.
Well it was pretty fun on this side tonight. ;) Interesting little skirmish at the end of the game. Hard to tell what exactly happened but Pittsburgh seems pretty frustrated. Two out of three series now, should be pretty intense.

Well it was pretty fun on this side tonight. ;) Interesting little skirmish at the end of the game. Hard to tell what exactly happened but Pittsburgh seems pretty frustrated. Two out of three series now, should be pretty intense.
:( The burners got turned up a few notches last night and the ice is in danger of melting. This is turning into a great round but it's back to the Burg.

Caught part of the Boston and Toronto game on CNBC when I was flipping through channels, saw those douchebags mocking Boston and "Toronto Stronger". So glad they lost. Canadian hockey fans are the douchiest sports fans in North America. I'm sure they're probably out trying to burn the city to the ground now.

You can't spell Alex Ovechkin without using the letters in the word CHOKE. Typical for the Crapitals and, well, DC sports in general.

Caught part of the Boston and Toronto game on CNBC when I was flipping through channels, saw those douchebags mocking Boston and "Toronto Stronger". So glad they lost. Canadian hockey fans are the douchiest sports fans in North America. I'm sure they're probably out trying to burn the city to the ground now.

You can't spell Alex Ovechkin without using the letters in the word CHOKE. Typical for the Crapitals and, well, DC sports in general.
Careful Andy. Sounds like you are slowly becoming part of the group of five.

Ottawa vs. Pens tonight, game #1, Consol Energy Center. Quiet now but it'll be rockin tonight!

03-29-37_consol-energy-center_original.jpg

The Rangers just had to win their series. :rolleyes:

This is just one reason why the NHL playoffs are much better than the NBA playoffs though, upsets. You can't pencil in the winners for the first round or two at all.

Game 1 for Rangers-Bruins and Blackhawks-Red Wings were both great. Detroit played pretty well for a couple of periods but it looked like that long first round series got to them in the third.

Looks like I may be the only one of the original four left? Oh well, things are getting good. My Pens are still around for this next round against the Bruins. It is interesting to note that the last four Stanley Cup champions are the four remaining teams. The next round faces off this Saturday. Nothing like playoff hockey and unscripted Game #7 moments! Read that Brian and learn something!

Bruins up 2-0 with home ice advantage the rest of the series. It will take a heck of a comeback for the Pens to advance.

LA has won 14 straight at home. It should be interesting to see if they can keep that up and even the West now.

Bruins up 2-0 with home ice advantage the rest of the series. It will take a heck of a comeback for the Pens to advance.

LA has won 14 straight at home. It should be interesting to see if they can keep that up and even the West now.

Where are the other two. Or am I replacing kkfan as the fourth American?

Blackhawks ended the Kings' 15-game home winning streak. Looking like Boston-Chicago for the Cup.

Back
Top Bottom