Honda Indy Toronto

If they red flag the big endurance races at Daytona/LeMans/Sebring/Road Atlanta, does it stop the clock?

Not being snarky, I don't know. I don't think it does.

Of course Graham passes like six cars and then the car breaks. ****** Hondas.

Totally wrong. I can't believe you said that in this subsection of the forum. This isn't NASCAR. It's the teams responsibility to bring the cars in and put rain tires on. That's what F1 does. No caution for rain.

Go watch the taxicab moonshine contests if you want nanny cautions for "debris" and other bull****.

Four cars crashed in one turn obviously that's not good racing conditions.

I guess the red really is IndyCar's GWC. I don't think the track is completely blocked.
If they're going to do it, I'd rather they just do GWC and keep the engines running. These purpose-built race engines really aren't meant to be shut off and started and shut off and started.

I read that book Beast about the Illmor MB Indy 500 monster pushrod engine and it said Ilmor only tested the engines at optimal race temperature. They wanted the teams to use engine heaters to start them at race temp. They made no promises about what the engine would do cold or what it would do if started cold.

I don't believe I've ever seen a driver stay in the car while it was on the hook. LOL

They used the hook or crane on Lewis Hamilton in his rookie season when he was driving a McFerrari. He was able to resume.

I thinking he kept the engine idleing the whole time (less certain about keeping the engine running I think that was the case).

IndyCar needs the exposure and ratings. Iowa was the highest rated race in a while, so the red flag was to keep this needed to keep this train rolling. I've always enjoyed Toronto anyways

Great that people are interested now with IndyCar a bit.

We need a Star Trek transporter accident to combine Mike Conway and Ed Carpenter into a single person.

Anybody else tired of street course races? I'd much rather see more road courses.

Anybody else tired of street course races? I'd much rather see more road courses.
They sell the most tickets after the Indianapolis 500. They're like a street festival, a lot of casual fans coming in to see what the commotion is and buying alcohol. Not hard for a promoter to make money on the whole deal. That's why Champ Car had so many near the end and why the series has them now.

Scary moment with Aleshin. Scared the hell outta me for a second. Did you see his helmet????

Scary moment with Aleshin. Scared the hell outta me for a second. Did you see his helmet????
Yeah, he said the fumes and heat from the exhaust were the worst. Would be real crappy to be trapped in a car with another car's exhaust on your while you're wearing a firesuit and Nomex balaclava.

Yeah, he said the fumes and heat from the exhaust were the worst. Would be real crappy to be trapped in a car with another car's exhaust on your while you're wearing a firesuit and Nomex balaclava.

Pretty helpless feeling.

After reaching a two-year high last week, NBCSN hit a three-year high for IndyCar racing last Sunday.

Race 2 of the IndyCar Series doubleheader from Toronto earned 484,000 viewers on NBCSN Sunday afternoon, up 88% from last year (258K) and the most-watched IndyCar race on the network since September 2011 (591K). This marks the second straight week NBCSN has hit a multi-year high for IndyCar coverage.

The Toronto race ranks as the second-most watched racing telecast of the year on NBCSN, trailing only the Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix (594K).

Race 1 of the doubleheader was postponed due to rain. Rainout coverage earned 297,000 viewers on NBCSN — still up 9% from last year’s live race (273K). The race itself earned 128,000 viewers on CNBC Sunday morning.

NBCSN has averaged 400,000 viewers for IndyCar coverage so far this season, up 46% from last year (274K). Keep in mind that does not include Race 1 of the Toronto doubleheader.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/07/indycar-hits-another-multi-year-high-on-nbcsn/

Back
Top Bottom