Honda Indy Toronto

Tracy, " If I tried that with Castroneves, I'd end up in the wall" :XXROFL:

Way too much standing water and spray on the backstretch to be considered safe. The Firestone wet is more like an intermediate tire too.

If standing water is the issue, fix it, or stay the hell off of street courses. Shame on Firstone. Spray should never be a reason to cancel a wet race. Part of it. Pussification of racing.

Oh darn, NASCAR wins again.

Least we don't have to listen to IndyCar fans bitch about running ovals in the wet--they don't do that on road/street courses.

....and I do believe that Road America had to do some drainage work to prevent a repeat of the pooling issues back in the day. I remember that race. The point is that when it is too wet to race, you find some unbelievable talents who prove you wrong. I miss Alesi, Shumi, Jacques, Zarnardi, on and on. 1996, Schumi, Spain--the only reason anybody ever needs to run when it looks like you shouldn't. Pussification of racing.

Last edited:
I couldn't figure out which channel the first race was on . Who won? Are we going to cast our picks for the second race? I don't know what is happening as far as the races go. I saw where the second race will be on. But other than that.......I'm lost.

I couldn't figure out which channel the first race was on . Who won? Are we going to cast our picks for the second race? I don't know what is happening as far as the races go. I saw where the second race will be on. But other than that.......I'm lost.
The first was was on this morning at 10:30 on CNBC. The second one is at 3:30 on the NBCSN. Bourdais won the first race.

If standing water is the issue, fix it, or stay the hell off of street courses. Shame on Firstone. Spray should never be a reason to cancel a wet race. Part of it. Pussification of racing.
Yeah, IndyCar should be responsible for the drainage of public roads.

Bunch of big pussies. They should go racing blind into the high-speed turn 3 so we can see carnage and injured drivers.

Least we don't have to listen to IndyCar fans bitch about running ovals in the wet--they don't do that on road/street courses.

....and I do believe that Road America had to do some drainage work to prevent a repeat of the pooling issues back in the day. I remember that race. The point is that when it is too wet to race, you find some unbelievable talents who prove you wrong. I miss Alesi, Shumi, Jacques, Zarnardi, on and on. 1996, Schumi, Spain--the only reason anybody ever needs to run when it looks like you shouldn't. Pussification of racing.
One of the greatest wet F1 races ever, Canada 2011, was delayed for over two hours because of the weather and track conditions. You can race in the wet but there's a threshold at which you need boats to get around the track. For Christ's sake, the pace car wrecked yesterday.

Good race! I was away from my computnor during the race, so couldn't chat. But, a good one. Looking forward to race #2. I feel like any race where Ganassi/Andretti/Penske doesn't win is worth celebrating.

starting according to points, I'm not too excited about that. But with a standing start it might work out. Montoya was asleep the first race, got to hand it to Power, he ran a smart race and got what he could out of it.

One of the greatest wet F1 races ever, Canada 2011, was delayed for over two hours because of the weather and track conditions. You can race in the wet but there's a threshold at which you need boats to get around the track. For Christ's sake, the pace car wrecked yesterday.

Pace car was a Honda. :XXROFL:

starting according to points, I'm not too excited about that. But with a standing start it might work out. Montoya was asleep the first race, got to hand it to Power, he ran a smart race and got what he could out of it.
I dunno, that will come. Pagenaud driving for Sam Schmidt was in contention for the championship last year until 2 races to go.

Pace car was a Honda. :XXROFL:
Did you see the pre-race? Paul Tracy doing a hot lap around the circuit hit the governor or something and put the car into limp mode. Not a good advertisement to racing fans, especially since it looked like it was the Accord with the sporty package.

Did you see the pre-race? Paul Tracy doing a hot lap around the circuit hit the governor or something and put the car into limp mode. Not a good advertisement to racing fans, especially since it looked like it was the Accord with the sporty package.

That guy that was with him shifted the car into neutral while he was in the throttle.

My old man swears by those Battery Tenders. Has one for the boat, hot rods, motorcycles and jet skis - all the toys. He says they work good but I think he only bought them because they sponsor Graham.

Back
Top Bottom