How far?

Biggreen695

Team Owner
Have you traveled for a nascar race before? Just off season curiosity.

Rockingham is 10 minutes from my house, darlington is an hour and the furthest I have traveled is 2 hours to Charlotte.

The idea from this came from someone posting that they are going to the all star race next year as well as Las Vegas. Regardless of where that guy lives for at least one of those races he’s going a long ass way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you traveled for a nascar race before? Just off season curiosity.

Rockingham is 10 minutes from my house, darlington is an hour and the furthest I have traveled is 2 hours to Charlotte.

The idea from this came from someone posting that they are going to the all star race next year as well as Las Vegas. Regardless of where that guy lives for at least one of those races he’s going a long ass way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do I count?

I drove to Road America last year from Maryland and to Daytona from Pennsylvania. But I'm a track chaser I try to go to as many tracks as possible. I made a 5+ hour 1 way drive to Southern National and back in 1 day earlier this year.

Furthest we've driven to a race is roughly 1,100 miles from Wichita, KS to Charlotte. We once drove 1,600 from Wichita to Concord, NH but on the way, decided we wanted to explore New England instead of going to the race. We decided if we ever do go to a race that far, we will fly as it was a bit too far of a drive for us.

Only for races you travelled to in a completely non-working capacity, like the rest of us goobers. :p

Lexington SC to Speedway IN - IMS / IRP. Google says 628 miles. 1998 or '99.
I did that a lot before I started working. Lets see, Kinda like the OP it was all pretty regional, Atlanta, Charlotte,Daytona,Martinsville,Darlington, Rockingham, NWB

Longest "one day" race trips was Fort Wayne to Pocono (560 miles). Left work at 5 PM Wednesday, got to the track at sunrise Thursday to unload the hauler. Ran two races in three days, left the track around 5 PM Saturday night, crawled into my own bed 7 AM Sunday morning. I also drove straight through from Talladega to Fort Wayne, (650 miles). Both pale compared to my longest single day drive, 990 miles, Fort Wayne to Dallas.

Out in the middle of no where! They did have a great seafood restaurant a short drive away, cant remember the name of it but Don Arnold took us all out.
Makris. One of the few places drivers and crew can eat in peace without "fans" pestering them. That has been a longstanding unwritten rule there. They usually supply 'Loudon'' the lobster trophy...
The food is really good..

Haven’t been to as many tracks as I’d like, but our longest was a flight from Charlotte to Phoenix, back in the earlier configuration.

Back
Top Bottom