How many of you were offended that Kyle Larson said Chili Bowl win bigger than Daytona 500?

If Larson had said what he said to still **** up, I would be fine with it. I think he says **** without thinking, and then whines and takes shots at fans who are pissed after the fact. The kid absolutely does not understand that the average fans dumps hundreds if not thousands of dollars into attending a race, and they are none too pleased when the competitor's attitude is not congruent to theirs. The great equalizer between the driver and the fan is the obsession to win. The driver flies in on a private jet, stays in a luxury motor coach, and has a handler. The average fan gets there anyway he can, and sits in the elements. We come together when the engines fire. I think that the perception that winning isn't the end all to a fan who thinks it is is not agreeable to many. That fan feels used. All he needs to do is shut up until he grows up, and can figure out how to control the narrative. Before you go there--and some will--Kyle Busch knows exactly what he is doing when he speaks (or not). He just doesn't care what anybody thinks. I like that.

I think that the perception that winning isn't the end all to a fan who thinks it is is not agreeable to many.
Where did the perception come from that winning isn't Larson's goal? Most sports participants value selected events over others. That doesn't mean they're not out to win the little ones.

If Larson had said what he said to still **** up, I would be fine with it. I think he says **** without thinking, and then whines and takes shots at fans who are pissed after the fact. The kid absolutely does not understand that the average fans dumps hundreds if not thousands of dollars into attending a race, and they are none too pleased when the competitor's attitude is not congruent to theirs. The great equalizer between the driver and the fan is the obsession to win. The driver flies in on a private jet, stays in a luxury motor coach, and has a handler. The average fan gets there anyway he can, and sits in the elements. We come together when the engines fire. I think that the perception that winning isn't the end all to a fan who thinks it is is not agreeable to many. That fan feels used. All he needs to do is shut up until he grows up, and can figure out how to control the narrative. Before you go there--and some will--Kyle Busch knows exactly what he is doing when he speaks (or not). He just doesn't care what anybody thinks. I like that.
Speaking of whining.

poor feller, can't stand for anyone to take any of the spotlight from him and his love interest KDB. Took him weeks to come up with this butt hurt B.S. :p Got to hand it to him, he would be tops in his creative writing class.:D Drivers like Foyt, Andretti, Stewart, and Yung Money Larson are in it for life, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. One of HIS TRD yoter drivers was over here at Hahn's track this summer winning the big summer Turnpike Challenge race between OKC and Tulsa. I really don't think anybody in the stands was concerned about how he got there, but it was apparent he wasn't there for the money, but the love of racing. I resent anybody taking shots at guys like that who in the racing industry give back for the love of it.

Last edited:
I think he spoke his honest opinion. It's like any other driver of your choice coming out and saying that, for instance, "I've always wanted a grandfather clock more than anything else." The Daytona 500 is a big event, but I'm sure the drivers realize it's random and therefore prefer some events that actually factor in more of a challenge and a testament to ability.

I'm sure there are conversations on the board that are more inane than this. I will see if I can find one.

If I'm not back in a week, assume I was kidnapped by a gang of marauding iRacers wearing helmets.

This is my vote for January's dumbest post.

Yikes

I don't think Kyle Larson feels like he owes you anything or 'cares what anybody thinks' lol. I like that.

I'm sure there are conversations on the board that are more inane than this. I will see if I can find one.

If I'm not back in a week, assume I was kidnapped by a gang of marauding iRacers wearing helmets.
I nominate the current discussions on the merits of Stewart and Johnson. Also the legendary ‘NASCAR on Mars’.

Honestly, the Daytona 500 takes no skill to win. It's mostly luck. The Chili Bowl takes skill and is more fun for drivers for sure.

poor feller, can't stand for anyone to take any of the spotlight from him and his love interest KDB. Took him weeks to come up with this butt hurt B.S. :p Got to hand it to him, he would be tops in his creative writing class.:D Drivers like Foyt, Andretti, Stewart, and Yung Money Larson are in it for life, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. One of HIS TRD yoter drivers was over here at Hahn's track this summer winning the big summer Turnpike Challenge race between OKC and Tulsa. I really don't think anybody in the stands was concerned about how he got there, but it was apparent he wasn't there for the money, but the love of racing. I resent anybody taking shots at guys like that who in the racing industry give back for the love of it.

I don't care what Larson says really. I was explaining why some get pissed about it. Your reading comprehension sucks, and yeah, my creative writing is exceptional. Your last sentence brings a tear to my eye, but that's not the issue. Give back all you want, but know the **** storm you will create when you marginalize the biggest race in this country's biggest series. Carry on with your blab. You have a couple here lapping it up like kittens to milk.

Yikes

I don't think Kyle Larson feels like he owes you anything or 'cares what anybody thinks' lol. I like that.

Clearly, and I disagree.

The Daytona 500 is a big event, but I'm sure the drivers realize it's random and therefore prefer some events that actually factor in more of a challenge and a testament to ability.

Every damn one of them would give their left nut for that race--except maybe your Chilli Bowl Champion. Dale Earnhardt Sr. just rolled in his grave.

How many of you were offended that other people weren't offended that Kyle Larson said the Chili Bowl win was bigger than the Daytona 500?

Wonder how many are going to be offended that he's racing the 57 7 straight nites next week?

Every damn one of them would give their left nut for that race--except maybe your Chilli Bowl Champion. Dale Earnhardt Sr. just rolled in his grave.
I see what you're saying. Anyone would, and I'm sure Kyle Larson would too. From a driver's perspective though (like Kyle Larson), it's a race of randomness, whereas the Chili Bowl is pretty straightforward - the Chili Bowl features hundreds of wheelmen hurtling around a dirt track seeking to be the ONE guy out of them all to win a challenging race based on pure skill and know how.

And a front-running car with an ace crew chief and helpers. :)

I see what you're saying. Anyone would, and I'm sure Kyle Larson would too. From a driver's perspective though (like Kyle Larson), it's a race of randomness, whereas the Chili Bowl is pretty straightforward - the Chili Bowl features hundreds of wheelmen hurtling around a dirt track seeking to be the ONE guy out of them all to win a challenging race based on pure skill and know how.

I hear what you are saying as well, but Dale Jr. might disagree on the randomness of Daytona. Fashionable to say that one is better than the other, but I'm not going there.

Any luck? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Back
Top Bottom