How would you feel about Tony Stewart in control of NASCAR?

jaqua19

Team Owner
My buddy and I were discussing this last night. He was a big Tony Stewart fan, and shared a lot of insight Tony had about the direction the sport was going in.

I've always liked Tony, a racer's racer. I for one would be thrilled if Tony Stewart became the president of NASCAR. Tony supports NASCAR, and has faith in them, but he's also willing to criticize and critique when necessary.

What if Tony became the president of NASCAR? How confident would you feel about the sport's future?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Considering the chase would probably be dumped and there'd probably be a dirt race added to cup and Xfinity, let's do it

Putting Tony Stewart as the head of NASCAR would be akin to having a Reality TV Star as President of the whole country ;)

I can't see him making it worse than France did

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'd rather him do all he does for the dirt world independently. Regarding NASCAR, I think he has some very good opinions and some bad ones. He wouldn't be for dumbing down the cars as they have done, that would the biggest hypothetical benefit. However, he isn't any better than past or some of the current leadership at accepting constructive criticism and input.

Noting what Tony did for good luck before races, I don't think he would be a good choice for today's NASCAR.

Many Pro athletes that retire and end up running organizations or coach have more bad endings than good ones. I think the same would apply here.
Yeah because he's done such terrible job on everything else he's had a hand in managing. SHR, Eldora,.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah because he's done such terrible job on everything else he's had a hand in managing. SHR, Eldora,.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
All those other jobs he’s done has no correlation whatsoever on the job he would do as PRESIDENT and CEO of NASCAR.

He said his last talk with Nascar that he told them what the drivers thought was important for the sport. And the guy, he wouldn't mention any names, but said the guy had never raced a race car but was a manufacturer told him they were 180 degrees off from the direction they were going. Sounded like Dewar to me. Tony said he thought man we are screwed.

tony would give himself 2 more fake championships, and 3 races a year at eldora.

He has as good of a chance as Steve Harvey at being appointed. It just will not happen, he aint a royal or a part of the France dynasty.

TBH, I don't think he'd be a good leader for NASCAR. His heart is with dirt racing, not asphalt racing.

NASCAR has three huge problems to overcome.1. Aero has killed the racing at 1+ mile tracks. 2. They’re heavily invested in 1.5 mile tracks, to the point walking away from them will pretty much kill the sport and anyone that has anything invested in it. 3. Television companies way overpaid for a product that was destined to implode due to awful investments.

So unless tony Stewart can magically write off billions in toxic debts and land deals, accept deep cuts from the tv revenue, and bring the sport home to the short tracks of the southeast. All you’re accomplishing is finding a new figurehead to blame for the same problems.

Stewart has done a really good job of turning around the sprint car series he owns. I would think he could so the same for NASCAR.

Personally, I don't think he would take on the job. He might take on a job such as consultant, as one fellow poster put it. He would make for a great president, as he would be able to relate the drivers' and fans' demands. Unfortunately, I don't see this ever going beyond hypothetical.

Putting Tony Stewart as the head of NASCAR would be akin to having a Reality TV Star as President of the whole country ;)
Not in my opinion, though I see how you are looking at it. The way I see it is a reality TV star went in to a job that is normally for politicians. In this situation, we are speaking of a driver running an athletic corporation that includes drivers. With him being a driver, as well as a team owner and track manager, I would say that qualifies as actually having experience for the job. Whereas, in the case of the President of the United States, he had no political experience going into his respective occupation.

Does Tony have an MBA?

My thoughts exactly.

NASCAR is an organization with with many moving pieces as it is not just a sport but also a business. Yeah these are 40 of the best drivers in the world each week out there but none of them could do their own taxes, read a financial statement, or speak to shareholders on a conference call.

I'd bet the CEO of Nestle hasn't made a chocolate bar in his/her life, the big tech CEO's aren't involved in the development of their products, and whoever the hell owns GM/Toyota/whoever certainly isn't the best driver in the world.

Tony would be great as a Lead Consultant but I would not trust him running an organization of this caliber. There is way too much money and PR involved for someone who isn't well-versed in corporate business of this stature.

If Tony was smart he'd figure out how to run World of Outlaws or run a national TV sprint car series.

Well if Brian France can run it, there is no reason for me to think Tony couldn't and do a better job. Tony is good with surrounding himself with good people to help out.

Back
Top Bottom