Hurricane Florence

Glad you're getting out, Spotter. Anyone living close to the shore needs to heed the warnings.
I've been thru several hurricanes living in Houston and they should be taken seriously.

Great advice, but I hope no one is left on the coast to need it.

Be safe, dude, and I hope you have stuff left to come home to.

Any first responders, 'Nasty Guard', or utility repair folks out there, good luck and thank y'all.

Guy I know works for National Grid, been told to pack his undies and get ready to leave when they get the call.

Waffle House News‏ @WaffleHouseNews
The ⁦@WaffleHouse⁩ Storm Center is activated and monitoring #Florence. Plan ahead and be safe.
Dm1sv8AXoAACP3_.jpg

Just wanted to send a note to all those in the area to stay safe. Good luck with the recovery and I will be praying for all involved.

Oh man. Up to 170 billion dollars in property damage predicted in some quarters. Prayers for everyone and leave area if you haven't already and still can.Hopefully all of the predictions are wrong and the thing will fizzle considerably.

"When you add in potential inland flooding, which the NCCO says is responsible for more than half of all hurricane-related deaths, Florence is even more dangerous.Meteorologist Eric Holthaus called the possibilities “unfathomable.” “After its landfall, our best weather models continue to show an abject flooding catastrophe for North Carolina and Virginia,” Holthaus tweeted. “As much as 48 inches of rain could fall. For perspective, that's almost double the previous all-time record for an East Coast hurricane.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alyyal...mage-and-not-just-to-the-coasts/#10887190fd70

Local news here said up to 40” of rain in some areas. o_O
Is that correct?

I thought i heard this morning they backed off on that a little bit..more like upwards of 25...still a **** ton.

could be wrong.

The 5 pm report, it's going to stall and ''rake the coast'' for 48 hours, possibly more. At a minimum of half inch of ''tropical'' rain per hour that's 2 feet of rain. That half inch an hour prediction is being extremely conservative.

I have been through 5 Hurricanes of 110 to 125 MPH sustained winds for numerous hours in my life and numerous tropical storms. This one is a monster. Keep an eye on the distance out from the eye that over 100MPH winds are. I have been in Florida and inland during all of them and prepared accordingly, but, with this one, if I was within 50 miles of the coast I would have been gone a long time ago. I think the storm surge and fresh rain water trying to get gone, plus high tide is going to be catastrophic, let alone the wind damage.

I just saw where there were 84' waves in the NE quadrant of this storm :eek:. HOLY ****!

My prayers go out to all involved in this event.

I am in LaGrange, Ga. tonight on business and the Hotel I am at is full with NC and SC folks. Plus an Army of Alabama Electric line crews with their bucket trucks and gear staying here on ready to head to NC and or SC after the storm.

Glad you're getting out, Spotter. Anyone living close to the shore needs to heed the warnings.
I've been thru several hurricanes living in Houston and they should be taken seriously.
Same here in South Florida, heck we are even more vulnerable to Hurricanes than Houston.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am in LaGrange, Ga. tonight on business and the Hotel I am at is full with NC and SC folks. Plus an Army of Alabama Electric line crews with their bucket trucks and gear staying here on ready to head to NC and or SC after the storm.

Thought LaGrange was in Texas...Have mercy.
A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
A haw, haw, haw.:)

Yep and I have been to LaGrange, Texas as well, had a good visit there at your ZZ Top reference in 1970 :D Got a heck of a deal with my TCU student card.
How long did it take your blood to change back to red?

Best wishes to everyone in it's path, stay safe and dry.

Down to Category 2. Still gonna be really bad because of rainfall. We've had a ton of rain down our way and the ground is so saturated that any small rainfall causes flooding and they're talking about 20 inches. It's never been about the wind, but about the rain and storm surge.

It's a 2 now....the issues are how slow it is and how much rain its going to dump.

Look far out into the Atlantic ocean and watch the weather shift and the day come and go from 34 miles off the coast.

Us here in Hampton Roads are breathing a sigh of relief, and thinking of our NC and SC neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom