Hurricane Harvey

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Stay safe @Magnethead and @TexasRaceLady :eek:

152721_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Reactions: Pat
I'm hoping for rain here in Central Texas --- NW of Austin.
My hatches are battened just in case. No worries that I'll flood, though.
Very happy that I don't live in Houston any more. I went through TS Allison and her 33 inches of rain --- all of that fell on my house from 5 PM Friday to 3 AM Saturday morning.

Mags is further north, up around Dallas --- will probably get some rain.

I'm hoping for rain here in Central Texas --- NW of Austin.
My hatches are battened just in case. No worries that I'll flood, though.
Very happy that I don't live in Houston any more. I went through TS Allison and her 33 inches of rain --- all of that fell on my house from 5 PM Friday to 3 AM Saturday morning.

Mags is further north, up around Dallas --- will probably get some rain.
Seeing alot of comparisons to Allison on FB

Seeing alot of comparisons to Allison on FB
Yeah, me, too. And if that thing stalls, it could get very nasty. However, this time the Medical Center is a bit better prepared.
The 18 months my husband and I spent there when he was undergoing treatment showed how much they worked to keep
the water out of the basements. Water tight doors were everywhere, emergency generators were moved to higher floors.

Good luck to you all. Hurricanes are no fun. One of my granddaughters recently left South Padre Island where she was working with Sea Turtles. I am thankful her employment ended when it did.

Buddy in Houston just emailed. Started ''sprinkling'' and the forecast is all over but 10-15 inches isn't out of the question. Neither is 20-25 inches in some areas if it swings around and comes back.

http://www.corad.org/texas_radar_map.php

Good luck to you all. Hurricanes are no fun. One of my granddaughters recently left South Padre Island where she was working with Sea Turtles. I am thankful her employment ended when it did.

The rain sounds like the problem here. After Lee in 2011 and Matthew last year, I know firsthand these people in Texas are gonna be miserable.

I hope everyone evacuated. Even though where I lived last year was spared by Hurricane Matthew, not fleeing was a decision I regret. The entire region (Eastern North Carolina) was isolated from the rest of the world.

I was talking to my banker today and her grand parents live in Corpus and they are staying put. I hope they change their minds.

Thinking of you all.

I'm worried about pets too. I hope there are kind people there who will go around helping those left behind.

Just saw an estimate of 42 to 52 INCHES of rain in the vicinity of Victoria before next weekend.

I vote lets get some 18 wheeler and train tankers...anybody know of any drought places to move a few hundred trillion gallons of water to?

Yeah --- just talked to my friend in Montana --- they are literally on fire.
She can't open her windows at night because of the heavy smoke.
Lets get the tankers moving. Would create some extra CDL and transportation jobs for a temporary period and i'm sure the water districts up there would love to chip in with some federal aid money.

Geez, I hope everyone listens to the officials. This storm is scary. I can't even imagine that much rain. My thoughts are with you all.

Good luck to yalls in Texas, stay dry and safe.

The president has already signed the disaster proclamation ........ full government help for the disaster

Back
Top Bottom