I want the white and black hats to return to NASCAR

The drivers today make so much money there is little fire unless a win is taken from them. Then it's usually over by the next week.

Feuds aren't going to make NASCAR better, good racing and being able to identify with the manufacturers will.
Racing is fine and the cars havent looked stock appearing in forever. The only loyalty by the fan if they pull for a make is the Logo.

Some posters spend more time focusing on other things than watching the racing. I suspect most of them don't watch many races or follow the sport that closely anymore by some of the comments. Ain't no big deal, it just is. There are plenty of rivalries today as there were in the past, they are all over the place if a person is following the sport.

Racing is fine and the cars havent looked stock appearing in forever. The only loyalty by the fan if they pull for a make is the Logo.
You're right the racing is fine, glad you just said that. Now NASCAR wants to change it, how nice.:rolleyes: If the cars were more stock appearing people could identify with them better, that's a fact.

You're right the racing is fine, glad you just said that. Now NASCAR wants to change it, how nice.:rolleyes: If the cars were more stock appearing people could identify with them better, that's a fact.
Identify with what? A body style? Who is gonna brag they drive a Fusion? They Identify with the Brand, Thats why Ford fans love all things Ford and Chevy and Toyota fans love all things in their lineup. The racing is fine, nothing wrong with making it better.

Identify with what? A body style? Who is gonna brag they drive a Fusion? They Identify with the Brand, Thats why Ford fans love all things Ford and Chevy and Toyota fans love all things in their lineup. The racing is fine, nothing wrong with making it better.
And you can't identify a brand when all the cars look the same unless the camera zooms in on the front end. Who says these changes are going to make the racing better? You don't know that, messing with the good racing we have now is equivalent to fixing something that isn't broken. By completely changing the racing package rather than making small adjustments is a desperate measure by Nascar and a foolish one.

or an origami project gone wrong in basic commuter car grey. I don't have any problem recognizing one from another, I would suggest glasses for those that can't.:D Another silly thing is if that is such a problem, why are manufacturers spending millions in the series with no end in sight, but a hand full of haters constantly bring it up on every thread. Doesn't fly as they say.

or an origami project gone wrong in basic commuter car grey. I don't have any problem recognizing one from another, I would suggest glasses for those that can't.:D Another silly thing is if that is such a problem, why are manufacturers spending millions in the series with no end in sight, but a hand full of haters constantly bring it up on every thread. Doesn't fly as they say.
How are those empty seats equating to your logic?

Trucks are about the only ones I can tell and lately even they are copying each other so well they are getting hard to tell apart and the newer muscle cars. The rest are commuter cars IMO.

How are those empty seats equating to your logic?
Has nothing to do with the car, we are losing the younger generation, Grass root tracks all over the country are closing or are about to close because the kids dont care to go anymore.

I'll be the first to admit, that on the highway, unless I can see the logo, I really can't tell one make from another --- particularly
the SUVs. And sedans aren't much better.
But, in racing, I don't root for the car, I cheer for the driver.
I grew up a Bobby Allison fan. I cant imagine buying diecast cars back in his day becuase he drove more different brands of cars then anybody. I didnt care what it looked like as long as he won.

Has nothing to do with the car, we are losing the younger generation, Grass root tracks all over the country are closing or are about to close because the kids dont care to go anymore.
Because younger kids don't identify with NASCAR, they identify with Honda, Subaru and Nissan. They identify with tweaking up a Civic to go fast for low bucks. The cars in Nascar don't appeal to them.

That's right...why?

little 4 banger econo ****boxes race all over the country on dirt bullrings, regular sized commuter cars today don't fit anywhere they are frame less and you need one bad if you are going to go fast. It's nonsense, more tilting, times change, do yourself a favor, move on, get unstuck.

little 4 banger econo ****boxes race all over the country on dirt bullrings, regular sized commuter cars today don't fit anywhere they are frame less and you need one bad if you are going to go fast. It's nonsense, more tilting, times change, do yourself a favor, move on, get unstuck.
Unstuck from what, you just said the same thing I said in a previous post...thanks for reaffirming my point.

I don't know any young kids who own mid size cars that race in Nascar, it's all rice burners, they are the muscle cars of this generation.
Exactly --- and as long as those little cars are LOUD, the drivers are happy. Have one around here that drives people nuts. He's not fast, but he's got a little spoiler on the back and he makes NOISE. So, I guess he's happy.

Several people here post over and over that racing OEM production cars is the way to expand Nascar's audience. I have never seen any credible research, or any other evidence, to back up that assertion.

In virtually every form of motorsport, the top classes are the draw, and the top classes use single purpose racing vehicles... and the showroom stock vehicles are relegated to the beginners. To believe Nascar is somehow the reverse of this, I'd need to see some proof, some hard evidence. JMO.

It has everything to do with the car.
tell ya what, when the econo ****boxes get a series of their own besides novice stock at the local bullring, while series that hold mini sprints, midgets, late model and 410 sprints are the series to go to, come back and give us a big told ya so ok?

Choices, oh and speaking of car Idenity, dont you watch Modified racing in your area?
Yes...dont you watch local racing? And if you are going to say kids don't show up to watch locals around here you'd be wrong. I see plenty of kids at Stafford and Thompson. The appeal is still there.

tell ya what, when the econo ****boxes get a series of their own besides novice stock at the local bullring, while series that hold mini sprints, midgets, late model and 410 sprints are the series to go to, come back and give us a big told ya so ok?
Then why isn't today's NASCAR appealing to the younger generation?

Yes...dont you watch local racing? And if you are going to say kids don't show up to watch locals around here you'd be wrong. I see plenty of kids at Stafford and Thompson. The appeal is still there.
Bud the days of a Monte Carlo street stock emulating a Nascar Stock car are way over.

Trucks are about the only ones I can tell and lately even they are copying each other so well they are getting hard to tell apart and the newer muscle cars. The rest are commuter cars IMO.
I'm glad the trucks have a big old honkin manufacturer symbol on the grill and tailgate. Some I can tell without seeing it and some I can't.

Then why isn't today's NASCAR appealing to the younger generation?
I'm not wasting my breath, next week it will be the same question out of ya, right after the racing is great this year why change it one. I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow I will fall for it.

Those mods dont look a damn thing like a street car. Thanks for playing.

The local race track has 5 classes of cars, so it has variety. The races are 20, 30 maybe 50 laps, so it's short. A dirt car thrown sideways into a corner looks a hell of a lot cooler than a cup car on asphalt, and asphalt short tracks have a lot of beating and banging. There's no chase/stages/playoff points at the local race track, so it is easy to follow. NASCAR has gotten too long and too complicated for the younger fans. Attention spans have gotten shorter.

In looking back I had more fun when my buddy and ran a Formula4 FWD Rabbit.
Emmit Haan's track has a 4 cylinder econo class, of course being cheap they have way more cars than the other classes. The races are nose to tail two and three wide with plenty of cautions for spins and wrecks. It's a fun class, but those type of cars have always raced in rallies, short road courses and bang ups on dirt tracks for the most part.

Those mods dont look a damn thing like a street car. Thanks for playing.
Some of the other classes do tho, so what's your solution to getting the younger generation interested?
The local race track has 5 classes of cars, so it has variety. The races are 20, 30 maybe 50 laps, so it's short. A dirt car thrown sideways into a corner looks a hell of a lot cooler than a cup car on asphalt, and asphalt short tracks have a lot of beating and banging. There's no chase/stages/playoff points at the local race track, so it is easy to follow. NASCAR has gotten too long and too complicated for the younger fans. Attention spans have gotten shorter.
Yep...i think kids see through the gimmick Cup has become.
I'm not wasting my breath, next week it will be the same question out of ya, right after the racing is great this year why change it one. I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow I will fall for it.
You offer no solution, you just rattle off the same rhetoric. If you and Spotter are so connected to NASCAR, know so much about the ins and outs why is NASCAR losing the younger fans and people of my generation?

By in large NASCAR races are shorter then they used to be but I agree kids dont have the attention span anymore. All it takes is to watch them walk around with thier collective noses pointed towards their phones. Dirt cars are cool but also a Cup car coming by at full song is a thing of beauty

Back
Top Bottom