ignore button

I think I only have two people on ignore. Occasionally I will discover I fat fingered the keyboard and ignored someone I didn't mean to.

There are some people who ignore so many people that I would advise them to just open a Word document and type to themselves.

Don’t join a discussion forum if you can’t handle discussion.
Only reason I don’t have a few people on it, is because I’m up for a discussion with people.

I can handle disagreement as long the person puts some thought into it, the last thing I want is an echo chamber.

But I have no patience for someone that just wants to troll they are not worth the time.

I can handle disagreement as long the person puts some thought into it, the last thing I want is an echo chamber.

But I have no patience for someone that just wants to troll they are not worth the time.
The sad part is how many of those are on here these days and allowed to keep it up

I don’t think this place could ever be an echo chamber. Too many opinions for that to happen.
The top reasons for me to put someone on ignore:
Too many tweets. If I wanna see tweets I’ll go on Twitter.
Too many memes. I’m not in grade school.
Too many lies. I don’t have time.

Was there some Father’s Day Entertainment that I missed??

I have 2 people here on ignore. It's the first time I've ever done that on any forum. I don't miss their predictable garbage.

i ignore allot of people on here.but its like a dam train wreck,you dont want to look,but i do,and then iam sorry i did.:idunno:
If you are so easily offended maybe you shouldn't be talking to strangers on the internet. I am sure there is a hallmark movie playing somewhere you could watch.

i ignore allot of people on here.but its like a dam train wreck,you dont want to look,but i do,and then iam sorry i did.:idunno:
I recall having five members on Ignore right now. Some of them come and go, two are there permanently. Both are because they're predictably mind-numbing

If you are so easily offended maybe you shouldn't be talking to strangers on the internet.
Funny, I've encouraged people to ignore me when they've complained about my posts. If you don't like my stuff, fine; hit the button. I don't mind being disagreed with but if you're going to call names without giving reasons, I'd prefer you save yourself the heartburn.

It does not happen here but the internet tough guys are so stupid. I saw one case where a poster on another site threatened someone being critical of Kobe (Kobe was still living at the time).
The tough guy really got played, the other poster told him he was three or four states away but he that he would meet him halfway to settle things man to man.

Then the tough guy posted updates enroute about how he was half way there to kickig his arse, while the other poster kept the smack talk going.

Once he arrived to the agreed location the other party told the idiot he had been played.
I don’t know lf it was true but it was a fun read.

I don't ignore ANYBODY. I can always chose to skip a thread or a comment on a case by case basis. Even the people I disagree with or dislike the most say something of value or have a point of view worth looking at from time to time. As the saying goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I'm often amazed at people who get upset over the opinions of total strangers, especially regarding subjects as unimportant as sports and entertainment. People would ignore or avoid a knucklehead screaming nonsense in the middle of Walmart, but for some reason are compelled to argue with him to the death on the Internet.

It does not happen here but the internet tough guys are so stupid. I saw one case where a poster on another site threatened someone being critical of Kobe (Kobe was still living at the time).
The tough guy really got played, the other poster told him he was three or four states away but he that he would meet him halfway to settle things man to man.

Then the tough guy posted updates enroute about how he was half way there to kickig his arse, while the other poster kept the smack talk going.

Once he arrived to the agreed location the other party told the idiot he had been played.
“meet me in temecula”

I don't ignore ANYBODY. I can always chose to skip a thread or a comment on a case by case basis. Even the people I disagree with or dislike the most say something of value or have a point of view worth looking at from time to time. As the saying goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
That's what I do mostly, skip over certain ones. I know what some posters are going to say in general before they say it. I put it in the it's going to be something negative about something file.

That's what I do mostly, skip over certain ones. I know what some posters are going to say in general before they say it. I put it in the it's going to be something negative about something file.
Like NBC announcers. People complain so much about them.

Keep in mind that if you ignore somebody, you won't be able to see threads that the ignored person started.

My "ignore" button is just taking breaks from this place. But there's less and less reason to come here all the time it seems, because everytime I return from a break I'm like, why did I even bother to come back.

Yeah, I've never ignored anyone. Don't see the point. But I will admit, my interest in contributing to the forum has diminished quite a bit. I still check in from time to time to keep up with the news, but I rarely feel like posting anymore with the moderators needlessly editing/deleting posts as frequently as they do. It just kills any interest I have in participating in the discussion.

Still way better than reddit, though.

The "meet me in Temecula" tale was a testament to Kobe's greatness.

Next time someone says something mean about Noah Gragson on here I might suffer that fate.

The "meet me in Temecula" tale was a testament to Kobe's greatness.

Next time someone says something mean about Noah Gragson on here I might suffer that fate.
I am going to have to Google the story I remember reading it years ago but I only read it once and I probably got some of the details wrong.

if you cant take different opinions why are you here?
I have no problem with differing opinions. It's the ones insist on demeaning others personally for no other reason. I also don't know why I'd read the exact same opinion over and over, especially from posters who say they quit following NASCAR.

Back
Top Bottom