I’m new here...

Hendrick4ever

Team Owner
Hi everyone! TommyGunn recently posted a thread introducing himself and I thought that I would do the same. I am 19 years old and I became a big NASCAR fan after watching the Pixar movie Cars in 2006. In February of 2007, my dad switched the tv channel to Fox on a Sunday afternoon. The 2007 Daytona 500 was in its early stages, and pit stops were taking place. I was fascinated seeing various aspects from Cars playing out in real life. That year, me and my brother became Jimmie Johnson fans and watched him win titles 2-7. I’ve never been to a race, but I hope to make it to one next year. After reading posts on this forum for the last several months, I am happy to finally be here!

Hi everyone! TommyGunn recently posted a thread introducing himself and I thought that I would do the same. I am 19 years old and I became a big NASCAR fan after watching the Pixar movie Cars in 2006. In February of 2007, my dad switched the tv channel to Fox on a Sunday afternoon. The 2007 Daytona 500 was in its early stages, and pit stops were taking place. I was fascinated seeing various aspects from Cars playing out in real life. That year, me and my brother became Jimmie Johnson fans and watched him win titles 2-7. I’ve never been to a race, but I hope to make it to one next year. After reading posts on this forum for the last several months, I am happy to finally be here!
Welcome. I hope you get to a track next year for sure

I would say welcome abroad but we ain't allowed to travel.

Attachments

• so sorry.jpeg
    so sorry.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 111
Welcome @Hendrick4ever and thanks for posting the introduction. I believe an intro like that helps a new guy to slide right into our little community of racing enthusiasts.

Your man JJ has had an amazing run. Have you figured out yet who will be your guy after Jimmie signs off at the end of the year?

There are several other new guys who have shown up recently. I think it would be cool if they too would introduce themselves. What do you say @Old Kid? What do you say @HoopsMcCann?

Welcome @Hendrick4ever and thanks for posting the introduction. I believe an intro like that helps a new guy to slide right into our little community of racing enthusiasts.

Your man JJ has had an amazing run. Have you figured out yet who will be your guy after Jimmie signs off at the end of the year?

There are several other new guys who have shown up recently. I think it would be cool if they too would introduce themselves. What do you say @Old Kid? What do you say @HoopsMcCann?
My first post here.

I’m not quite sure who I’ll be rooting for. I like Chase Elliott, so he is up there for sure. I also like Noah Gragson (although it would be nice if he would grow up and quit making enemies on track).

Welcome to the forum. Some posters on here are a little questionable. But, I always post the truth and the best opinions. :)

I’m not quite sure who I’ll be rooting for. I like Chase Elliott, so he is up there for sure. I also like Noah Gragson (although it would be nice if he would grow up and quit making enemies on track).
Dale Sr made a career out of being a douchebag on the track and not much better off, for most of his life. People still love him. So?:rolleyes:

Danica kept her teams body shop busy for most of her career, yet people still liked her. Funny how that worked out.

Hello everyone. I have been a Nascar fan since the 1970's but it was mainly through Wide World of Sports. Some of my favorite drivers include David Pearson, Darrell Waltrip, Bobby Hamilton, Cale Yarborough plus Bobby and Davey Allison. I had a lot of respect for what Alan Kulwicki did and I always rooted for the underdogs like Jimmy Means and the late JD McDuffie. I liked Ernie Irvan who was as good as dead and came back and won races. At this point I would like to say that people who only know DW from TV don't know DW. DW was a terrific racer and a hard headed guy that a lot of people didn't like at the time. Much respect for Dale Earnhardt, Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson too.

I hope that is enough information for everyone. If not just ask away.

No love for Handsome Harry Gant?
Oh I remember when he drove the Skoal Bandit car. Used to be a guy around here with that handle they kept running off for trolling, kept coming back over and over with a different handle expecting different results.
No way you two are making this connection Lmao Mr. McVittie was my guy

Hello everyone. I have been a Nascar fan since the 1970's but it was mainly through Wide World of Sports. Some of my favorite drivers include David Pearson, Darrell Waltrip, Bobby Hamilton, Cale Yarborough plus Bobby and Davey Allison. I had a lot of respect for what Alan Kulwicki did and I always rooted for the underdogs like Jimmy Means and the late JD McDuffie. I liked Ernie Irvan who was as good as dead and came back and won races. At this point I would like to say that people who only know DW from TV don't know DW. DW was a terrific racer and a hard headed guy that a lot of people didn't like at the time. Much respect for Dale Earnhardt, Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson too.

I hope that is enough information for everyone. If not just ask away.
Greetings!!!!!!

Welcome Bud.

I'm not sure what's with the sudden explosion of newbies. Did we get some publicity somewhere?
The registration for new members was locked from as far back as last September when I first tried. I’ve periodically tried to sign up since then, even trying to email admins with no luck. Last weekend (I believe) registration was opened back up.

I tried signing up a couple of months ago, but apparently new sign-ups were blocked at the time.

I wasn't sure what the deal was other than this was a private forum which is fine. I still liked being on read only because there was so much good information and it was all in one place. Being able to read first was also good as you got to know the members and the kind of place it was. Other then a few people everyone seemed to want to get along and that suited me.

Howdy, ya'll. Copeman is my handle. My account was approved in the last 24 hours. I have lurked on the outside of the blastdoor. The forum opened to allow new members so I signed up. I've been reading threads and stumbled across this one. It is allowing me to get my feet wet with my first post.

I have watched the sport since the 1990's. My brother introduced me to NASCAR and I am very glad he did. Watching the races this year has been surreal. I have enjoyed getting to watch the races in the middle of the week and the doubleheaders at the tracks. I'm interested to see where the new management of the sport is going to take it.

Last edited:
Howdy, ya'll. Copeman is my handle. My account was approved in the last 24 hours. I have lurked on the outside of the blastdoor. The forum opened to allow new members so I signed up. I've been reading threads and stumbled across this one. It is allowing me to get my feet wet with my first post.

I have watched the sport since the 1990's. My brother introduced me to NASCAR and I am very glad he did. Watching the races this year has been surreal. I have enjoyed getting to watch the races in the middle of the week and the doubleheaders at the tracks. I'm interested to see where the new management of the sport is going to take it.
Welcome aboard.

They're coming in by the truckloads....... I am going to build a big, beautiful wa.... oops sorry. Need to go the basement for that. (I kid.) but there are a $hit load of new people coming on board, this place is doing just fine.

Back
Top Bottom