IMSA 2019

I'm sorry, I Googled 'raw pace for days' and didn't come up with anything that appeared to relate to racing. Would you mind translating? Thanks.

Being able to jump in a car and get the most pace out of a car. Alonso is notorious for this in Ferrari days where the car was not great, but his ability to getting the most out of his car was his greatest asset.

Koboyashi has proven that as well in his F1 days, he was not the best on Saturday, but Sunday his ability to extract the most out his car was great as well.

Guys who are able to get that extra bit out of a car, that's all it is.

2019_iwtsc_broadcast_schedule_release_draft_2.jpg

Is it just me or is there more use of app and tape-delay coverage than there was last year with Fox? The tape-delayed Glen coverage isn't even the full six hours.

Is it just me or is there more use of app and tape-delay coverage than there was last year with Fox? The tape-delayed Glen coverage isn't even the full six hours.
There’s twice as much streaming-exclusive live coverage as this past year (25 vs. 12.5) but there’s also 42.5 live race hours on NBCSN/CNBC compared to 23.5 hours on FS1, and 9 hours on NBC compared to 5 on FOX. FOX used FS2 more than anything else (33 hours in 2018), so I think it’s an upgrade. FS2 is hardly available so that alone going away is a good thing.

I’ll probably just use my Fire Stick for the stream portions.

Fantastic news as CORE reverse course and join DPi next year, keeping Nissan on the grid as well.

CHANGING GEARS: CORE GOES DPI WITH NISSAN IN 2019
http://coreautosport.com/2018/11/30/changing-gears-core-goes-dpi-with-nissan-in-2019/

Both CORE and Starworks Motorsport had been in discussions last month to campaign Nissan DPis next year, although Sportscar365 understands a barrier of entry had been with the teams and Nissan reaching a marketing agreement with IMSA to retain the car’s eligibility.

Tequila Patron ESM had previously funded the majority of the marketing commitment required by IMSA.

Details of the arrangement made for 2019 is unclear at the moment.
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/core-switches-to-nissan-dpi-for-2019/

velly interestinc

It'd be more likely if Charlotte weren't sandwiched in between Laguna Seca and Petit Le Mans. As it is now, I don't think teams will want a race less than two weeks before unloading at Road Atlanta. The schedule as a whole is pretty full too; 12 is about the max they want to go.

It'd be more likely if Charlotte weren't sandwiched in between Laguna Seca and Petit Le Mans. As it is now, I don't think teams will want a race less than two weeks before unloading at Road Atlanta. The schedule as a whole is pretty full too; 12 is about the max they want to go.

Would cars even have to lift through that backstretch chicane?

they can make the chicanes any way they want I believe.They are temporary anyway. Hope they pull the race off. IMSA would be good there.

Would cars even have to lift through that backstretch chicane?
I'm pretty sure they'd fly right through that thing in its current layout lol. Not much of a brake or lift unless they put those big curbs that send you into orbit right on the edge of the chicane.

C8.R testing at Sebring today. Could debut at some point in 2019, certainly to race full-time in 2020. Have to say I'm going to miss the hell out of the C7.R's thunderous rumble.

C8.R testing at Sebring today. Could debut at some point in 2019, certainly to race full-time in 2020. Have to say I'm going to miss the hell out of the C7.R's thunderous rumble.

The sound is definitely a disappointment but still, I just watched that video on a lunch break thru my trucks audio and it sounds amazing and people are looking at me weird.

Former Nascar team running a Lambo in GTD class

As reported by Sportscar365, the North Carolina-based team, which made the transition into sports car racing this year with a multi-car Lamborghini Super Trofeo North America program, had been eying a move into the WeatherTech Championship, initially for the Michelin Endurance Cup races only.

However, recent developments have since expanded the program to the full GTD season

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ppm-steps-up-to-full-season-lamborghini-gtd-effort/

37 full-time entries already filed, 4 Sprint Cup entries, plus a couple of NAEC entries so far means things could get tight at a few places.

IMSA NEARING FULL-FIELD CAPACITY FOR 2019 IMSA WEATHERTECH SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP

https://www.imsa.com/news/122018/im...-2019-imsa-weathertech-sportscar-championship

At least 37 full-season “premium” entries already have been filed for the 2019 season. With pit lanes at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca able to accommodate maximum fields in the low-40s, restriction protocols may be deployed for the first time since the inaugural WeatherTech Championship season in 2014.

IMSA may be forced to restrict car field sizes at some tracks

When it comes to numbers, IMSA is hot, red hot.

So much so that as it prepares for its 50th anniversary season, the sanctioning body may be forced to restrict the number of cars entered for some events in the upcoming 2019 IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship campaign.

IMSA issued a media release Wednesday noting that due to “a significant increase in the number of full-time teams confirmed to compete (in 2019) … the sanctioning body may need to restrict the number of cars at some events.

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2...d-to-restrict-car-field-sizes-at-some-tracks/

This is all just SO wrong. The whole idea of a mid-engine Corvette is as stupid as a front engine 911. The Corvette has had a basic identity since 1953, and it is foolish to stray this far from the script. The Corvette is what it is, the good the bad and the ugly. Let it be what it is.

This is all just SO wrong. The whole idea of a mid-engine Corvette is as stupid as a front engine 911. The Corvette has had a basic identity since 1953, and it is foolish to stray this far from the script. The Corvette is what it is, the good the bad and the ugly. Let it be what it is.
I agree but if they want to compete on the race track, mid engine is the way to go. I think a front engine configuration is better suited for their customers and domestic roads. I don't think sales of a mid engine car will be as good as the front engine configuration. Customers helped convince Ford not to mess with the Mustang when they were considering making the Mustang front wheel drive and I think the same thing happened when Chevy first considered a mid engine Corvette in the past.

Got to keep up with the times, it was only a matter if time for Chevy to make the switch after the Ford GT debuted and best the **** out of everyone back in 2016. It sucks because I'm a traditionalist as well when it comes to the Corvette, but this had to be done to compete against Ford, Porsche, and Ferrari.

That was badass, love the track, and so cool to see Zanardi doing his thing.

Zanardi is one of my biggest idols of racing. He literally is defying odds and to see how competitive he still is as well is absolutely amazing. The man is a living legend and to see RLL win their respected class would be incredible.

Back
Top Bottom