IMSA 2024

Strategy is all over the place. I’m assuming the 6 are hoping for another yellow to carry them to the finish. The 31 might be in the driver’s seat otherwise. Pretty sure the GTD leaders are looking for the same.

Ricky had one shot and couldn't make it work.
I thought he was gonna use that traffic to get it done on the final lap. Close but no cigar into turn 5. There was sooo much going on there, wild stuff. At one point I think a couple of the GTDs almost spun in front of Jaminet.

Big weekend for Penske Porsche when they lacked speed across all other sessions, but bold strategy calls and some great driving at the end sealed the deal. I think Aitken will be ruing not capitalizing on the final restart and subsequently getting passed by Nasr.

Conquest getting a GTD Pro win for Ferrari in a one-off entry is pretty cool.

No more Lime Rock is disappointing, but at least there’s still VIR for a GT showcase event. Badass natural terrain road course, incredibly quick and equally unforgiving. Looking forward to Sunday.

I can't imagine why a team would change manufacturers during the season, unless there are lawyers involved?
Maybe just wanting to get a jump start on the new car without having to deal with teething issues over the offseason and start of next year.

Disappointed to see a McLaren disappear but I don’t think there’s any doubt Ferrari provide a lot more support than they do.

Always excited to see a Merc join Pro too. Let’s get Engle and Gounon in there that weekend.

Hey, Roxy is here!
1000001886.jpg

Indeed.

That got awfully scrappy towards the end after the caution. Speaking of which, it’s been a minute since we’ve seen an engine let go in a big way like that inception McLaren did. I guess if that’s your last race with it, you may as well run it into the ground.

It’s really coming down to it in the GTD Pro championship between Laurin Heinrich and Ross Gunn. Hard to believe we only have two races left already.

Probably the worst-kept secret in several years. Will be interesting to see how the driver lineups shake out though, currently their drivers seem to be a mix of those contracted to WTR and those contracted to Acura/HRC.

Three Cadillacs on the grid will be a blast.

Back
Top Bottom