IMSA 2024

At some point, we need to have a discussion about bronze drivers in these LMP2 cars.
Yeah I think they need to be more restrictive on quality and standards in that respect. Pretty much anyone can get a bronze rating, but you need to have proved yourself to some degree before you hop in a P2 on a packed race track. Whether it be in LMP3 or whatever.

Will be a difficult conversation though since they fund these P2 programs on their own, essentially.

I would not be surprised if we have to go red for a bit. Visibility looks pretty bad.

I think the forecast looks good for at least a standard-length race after resumption though. Should clear out by 3 PM.

Argybargy!

Grosjean has been phenomenal this stint. Lambo to the lead on merit for the first time all season.

2nd-5th in GTP has been wild this stint. Just a very active race overall so far, outside of the long rain yellow.

Dramas for the championship leader, #7 stopped on track with power steering troubles.

Setting up for a 1-hour sprint to the finish.

I got distracted at times by football and basketball but from what I did see, that was a pretty spectacular race throughout. Will have to do some more catching up later.

Excellent job by BMW securing a 1-2, their first ‘real’ win in GTP/Hypercar. After getting a 2nd at Fuji last weekend, it seems like they made a lot of progress across both championships over the summer.

Rexy win in GTD Pro puts them in good shape heading into Petit, but it’ll still be close with the 23.

GTP is probably going to be winner-take-all between the two Penskes, and that could be awfully spicy.

That was the best race all weekend. The weather added a little something and there was passing and some "ooops" now and then so I was entertained after watching a boring F1 race and 3 nights of NASCAR ho-hum races.

Back
Top Bottom