IndyCar: DXC Technology 600

I'm not as anti-penalty for fault in incidents as many American NASCAR-influenced racing fans seem to be. You're not supposed to initiate contact or drive hazardously. If a driver does, penalties can be warranted both for deliberate and negligent errors. These things don't "take care of themselves".

In this case, the circumstances seem to indicate that the blame is more on the team than Power himself. But the bottom line is the #12 car drove into and took out another car. I see the merit of the penalty, but it is completely inconsistent that Carpenter wasn't penalized for an arguably worse case of unaware driving while being lapped (!).

I'm not as anti-penalty for fault in incidents as many American NASCAR-influenced racing fans seem to be. You're not supposed to initiate contact or drive hazardously. If a driver does, penalties can be warranted both for deliberate and negligent errors. These things don't "take care of themselves".

In this case, the circumstances seem to indicate that the blame is more on the team than Power himself. But the bottom line is the #12 car drove into and took out another car. I see the merit of the penalty, but it is completely inconsistent that Carpenter wasn't penalized for an arguably worse case of unaware driving while being lapped (!).
You mean a rookie sticking his nose in a bad spot. That wreck had more to do with Wickens then it did Carpenter.

^ That's an interesting take that Carpenter himself didn't agree with, and I appreciated his taking direct responsibility for it.

Back
Top Bottom