IndyCar: Firestone 600

CNBC isn't working right for me. I'm hearing clear audio, but the picture is a paid program image that hasn't changed in the past hour.

I know, I honestly just thought I watched another open wheel driver die.

No kidding. The safety cells in these things are amazing. Not too long ago that would've been tragic.
It's a miracle that it still wasn't. Sliding head first into a wall with the weight of two cars pushing you is probably going to end really badly more often than not.

Newgarden going to the hospital for a right shoulder and wrist injury. Doesn't appear to be any other injuries. He's extremely lucky. That crash looked much worse than some of the fatal crashes we've seen.

I don't think so, I thought it was only like 80 or so laps. I've been switching back and forth though so could be wrong on that.

The track is completely lost. I hope they don't call it because Dixon, Bourdais, and Aleshin have to get overseas.

At least this track has lights. The humidity and dew point is much lower today, plus it rained much less. I think they could still get this in tonight as long as there's no more rain coming.

Might as well reschedule it for August in 2038 and have it restart on lap 72 at Iowa. Makes just as much sense.

OR....they could be really crazy and invest in some air titans and try convincing Goosage to repave TMS.

Several drivers won't be in town tomorrow so I think that's a big factor in their decision.

I really hope they get the whole thing in when a couple of months roll around. And it's probably better for the fans to have another weekend opportunity or the ability to exchange their ticket for another TMS race within the next year than to make people come out for a weekday.

The tough part will be going from Pocono to Texas to Watkins Glen in three consecutive race weekends.

The completion of the Firestone 600 Verizon IndyCar Series race at Texas Motor Speedway has been postponed to Saturday, Aug. 27.

The race, originally scheduled for Saturday, June 11, was postponed due to wet track conditions. It ran today but was red-flagged when heavy rain began after 71 laps. James Hinchcliffe was the leader of the race when it was stopped.

When the Verizon IndyCar Series returns on Aug. 27, there will be a practice session and full-field autograph session prior to the race, which will start at 7 p.m. CDT. More details as the full day schedule, and other TMS activities, will be announced at a future date.

Fans already holding tickets will be able to use those for the race in August.

"We felt that was the best way to serve all the fans," Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage said of the rescheduled date. "We maybe could have hung around and tried to get it dry tonight and run until halfway but that's not right. We wanted to give the fans a race today."

If fans, who had tickets, are unable to attend the race in August, their unused ticket may be exchanged for another race ticket of equal or lesser value within one calendar year (1 for 1 ticket exchanges only). The original ticket buyer may contact the TMS Fan Relations team at (817) 215-8500 to request replacement tickets and if the ticket holder is NOT the original ticket buyer, they need to return the physical ticket to the TMS Ticket Office in order to request an exchange. Any ticket may be upgraded for a future event by paying the difference in ticket price (based on availability). There will be no refunds on tickets given for rescheduled races. No credits will be issued for exchanges of lesser value and complimentary/zero dollar tickets may not be exchanged for a future date, but will be available for the rescheduled event.

Broadcast information for the Aug. 27 race will be announced at a later date.
http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/n...ones-conclusion-of-firestone-600-to-august-27

Has a race ever had a practice in the middle before

When they race at Road America, it'll be the first time since the split, that there are two Indycar races happening simultaneously. :D
The official record of the race better include this in the time of race

The tough part will be going from Pocono to Texas to Watkins Glen in three consecutive race weekends.

They should have put it before Pocono. I know that would be during the Olympics but they could've moved the race to CNBC or USA like they're doing in NASCAR.

They could have started the race at 10 am instead of 2 pm since they knew rain was in the forecast. Dumb decisions by Indycar all around.

They could have started the race at 10 am instead of 2 pm since they knew rain was in the forecast. Dumb decisions by Indycar all around.

There was rain earlier and they were dealing with weepers again. They probably should have just scrapped Sunday all together, but they would have caught grief about that too.

Back
Top Bottom