IndyCar Fontana Finale Race Thread

Pretty good season, all things considered.

Anybody still up? Hello hello, is thing still on?

Last edited:
Congrats Will Power! :punkrocke He deserved to finally win a championship and he earned it. Also happy for TK but bummed the season is over
Sounds like they are adding some exciting new races for next year. That's something to look forward too at least.

Wow!! Congrats to Will Power. AND Tony Kanaan. When we were picking winners it was a tossup between Kanaan and Dixon for me. I ended up chosing Dixon. But he did OK.
They all did pretty well.

good race for fontana.
thought power had gone whacko again when he took lead on bottom .....w/ dust /debris flyin behind.
cindric oughta get mental combat pay !

good win for tk.

hope '15 is as good .

I just got back from this race, and I feel like sharing my thoughts. First off, note to self, eat more at the track. I felt sick because of how hungry I was. A crappy burger helped in the end, but still... (I did remember to drink lots of water, at least)

Secondly, that was a great race start to finish . Admittedly, I was listening to Will Power's radio on the scanner all night (which was surprisingly quiet. Tim Cindric wasn't trying to reel him in at any point, except when Helio got that drive-through, but damn it was great hearing him cry in joy on the radio) so I didn't actually hear all of the announcing, but still.

Thirdly attendance wasn't terrible. They closed off several rows of seating on the far sides of the track for whatever reason but where I was sitting (one row off from the flag stand) it looked pretty good.

Fourthly, I'm so glad I bought a number 12 hat and had it autographed by Will Power before the race! Woot!

BTW, my brother, who attended with me took a lot of pictures of the race, and pre-race festivities. Should I post them when he finishes editing them? (also typos are because I am so sore and tired now)

I just got back from this race, and I feel like sharing my thoughts. First off, note to self, eat more at the track. I felt sick because of how hungry I was. A crappy burger helped in the end, but still... (I did remember to drink lots of water, at least)

Secondly, that was a great race start to finish . Admittedly, I was listening to Will Power's radio on the scanner all night (which was surprisingly quiet. Tim Cindric wasn't trying to reel him in at any point, except when Helio got that drive-through, but damn it was great hearing him cry in joy on the radio) so I didn't actually hear all of the announcing, but still.

Thirdly attendance wasn't terrible. They closed off several rows of seating on the far sides of the track for whatever reason but where I was sitting (one row off from the flag stand) it looked pretty good.

Fourthly, I'm so glad I bought a number 12 hat and had it autographed by Will Power before the race! Woot!

BTW, my brother, who attended with me took a lot of pictures of the race, and pre-race festivities. Should I post them when he finishes editing them? (also typos are because I am so sore and tired now)
Post away brother! We all love pics.

Glad Power won the championship and has the monkey off his back.

What happened to Hello and the lost lap. I got up at 4am prior to 12 hour shift and tried to watch on the DVR with a lot of FF and I missed the lost lap sequence or event.

What happened to Hello and the lost lap. I got up at 4am prior to 12 hour shift and tried to watch on the DVR with a lot of FF and I missed the lost lap sequence or event.

He got a pit road speeding penalty on final stops

Congratulations to Will Power on the championship and TK on the win.

Awesome race, nonstop action and class racing from Power, Helio, Kanaan, Juan, Dixon, RHR, Hinch, and Carpenter.

Congrats to Will, he finally did exactly how he had to in the finale.

Eleven winners - what a season.

I think Helio was pulling into the pits and went back out over the track line. They said once you start into the pits, you can't go back out over the line alongside the track.

Is that right, guys?

I think Helio was pulling into the pits and went back out over the track line. They said once you start into the pits, you can't go back out over the line alongside the track.

Is that right, guys?
Yeah, the commit line is at the entrance to turn 3 and I guess you have to stay entirely on the apron all the way around.

http://www.autospies.com/news/Indy-...ving-A-Beer-Belly-Like-A-NASCAR-Driver-82589/
^
After Hello made the above statement, I enjoyed Powers title more.

Even if true it seems disrespectful imo, a lot of open wheel guys have struggled in the cup series.
F1+Driver+Lewis+Hamilton+NASCAR+Driver+Tony+WS3rp3vh5yXl.jpg

Season Award Ceremony will be on IndyCar.com and the INDYCAR App in about 10 minutes.

Will be rebroadcast on NBCSN at 10:30pm (eastern) tomorrow night)

Season Award Ceremony will be on IndyCar.com and the INDYCAR App in about 10 minutes.

Will be rebroadcast on NBCSN at 10:30pm (eastern) tomorrow night)
That sounds great. Thanks for informing us. I'll keep an eye out for it.
;)

Never liked Power but started respecting him this year. He is driven to win and loves IndyCar. He's a great ambassador and therefor, has a supporter in me.

Hopefully he, Ryan Hunter Reay, Pagenaud and others can be rivals for years.

I actually don't think that's uncommon. I was stuck in an airport once at like 2am and all the TVs were on Fox News. Geraldo Rivera's show was on. It looked like he was wearing a suit, then he stood up to shake a guest's hand and he was was wearing blue jeans. o_O

I guess if the camera is just supposed to see top half of you they don't care what you wear below the waist.

If you ever watch PTI (Pardon The Interruption) on ESPN, Tony Kornheiser wears shorts every day with a suit and tie. He dresses just like Tracy is dressed here. During a commercial they come back to the studio and show a side shot of him. A lot of guys on ESPN dress in shorts where you can't see them. So, it really isn't all that uncommon to do this- on just about any show where they sit behind a desk.
:D

If you ever watch PTI (Pardon The Interruption) on ESPN, Tony Kornheiser wears shorts every day with a suit and tie. He dresses just like Tracy is dressed here. During a commercial they come back to the studio and show a side shot of him. A lot of guys on ESPN dress in shorts where you can't see them. So, it really isn't all that uncommon to do this- on just about any show where they sit behind a desk.
:D
I bet they don't do this on SportsCenter though, since it seems like with the new set they sometimes are standing up at that big touchscreen.

Back
Top Bottom