IndyCar Fontana Finale Race Thread

I bet they don't do this on SportsCenter though, since it seems like with the new set they sometimes are standing up at that big touchscreen.

Those studios are usually incredibly hot with the lights and everything. I don't know how the men stand it - especially when the women on the news and sports channels are dolled up and dressed very casually (skirts and sleeveless shirts).

Pretty interesting take from Power. I hope NASCAR follows suit next year.

JC: You took a while to warm up to oval tracks like Indianapolis. Why?

WP: One thing that frustrated me about oval racing when I first turned up in IndyCar was that you could drive out of the pits and be flat out on the white line. I mean, your grandma could do it! I couldn’t stand that. It required zero talent, only bravery in a stupid way. It wasn’t until the crash at Las Vegas [in 2011] to realize something needed to change. You knew there was something wrong when every driver said before that race, ‘I don’t want to do this. It’s going to be insane.’ So now they’ve taken most of the down force away and you have to really drive the car, slide it and all. That’s true racing. Anyone who wants a lot of down force just wants an easy day and doesn’t believe in his own talent. That change really made me enjoy ovals.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimclas...l-power-title-is-more-relief-than-excitement/

I said I would post images before, and here's the first batch (the best of the best):

My brother calls this one his masterpiece: It's my favorite as well. Will Power driving to a championship:

gK3eBli.jpg

Dixon roaring by:

NtKW8Gr.jpg

Bourdais:

NPFxI2Y.jpg

Dueling pitstops:

TAi42pO.jpg

Bourdais' pitstop

5TEYpXx.jpg

Rahal on pit road:

bDhOEUm.jpg

Montoya on pit road:

hVvQK0z.jpg

The end of Kimball's stop:

M9DhpfW.jpg

Kimball on pit road:

N9B5UZY.jpg

By the way, my brother (who left his watermark on the photos. Tyler Dillon Photo (not his real last name)) took over 500 pictures at the track, and these are the best. He has others he calls passable (things like cars being cut in half in the photo by poles, for example) that he might give me later.

Back
Top Bottom