Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

The bromance we all needed

MALCOLM GIF.gif

Ev
I'd definitely look at Mooresville if you haven't got a room yet.
The place will be full on race week frenzy. Every shop will have some sort of open house with drivers, crew and owners all on site.
Plus, for the little lady within close range is Birkdale Village (shopping and dining for days) and downtown Charlotte is about 40 mins away.
Even closer to the track than Mooresville would be Statesville or Hickory. Statesville would add about 10 minutes to your drive to Birkdale, but... never mind. There's SO much more to do in Mooresville than Statesville...

As I understand it, Fox is pushing this. Bruton would have smiled and cashed the check.
Maybe. I don't think the idea would have gotten this far if he was calling the shots. Marcus was pretty clear when he was on the Download that him and his dad often clashed on ideas just like this, but you're right, Bruton probably would have cashed the check, because that was what he was all about.

Maybe. I don't think the idea would have gotten this far if he was calling the shots. Marcus was pretty clear when he was on the Download that him and his dad often clashed on ideas just like this, but you're right, Bruton probably would have cashed the check, because that was what he was all about.

Bruton Smith was pretty good at bringing hundreds of thousands of people to the racetrack and creating a demand too.

Has the press conference already ended, or has it not even started yet? I'm trying to find what was said and cant find anything yet.

Ev

Even closer to the track than Mooresville would be Statesville or Hickory. Statesville would add about 10 minutes to your drive to Birkdale, but... never mind. There's SO much more to do in Mooresville than Statesville...
Think Im going to stay in Mooresville..... stuff to do for wife and I, the race shops are close by and less than an hour from the track. Also Charlotte close by too. Prices of hotels seem pretty reasonable thus far too.

Think Im going to stay in Mooresville..... stuff to do for wife and I, the race shops are close by and less than an hour from the track. Also Charlotte close by too. Prices of hotels seem pretty reasonable thus far too.
It generally is. The Hilton Garden Inn is close to I-77, and prices are reasonable for a really nice room. Good restaurants easily within walking distance. (Del Sur Mexican, Jeffrey’s, and a McD’s). If you do stay in Mooresville, let me know and I can recommend restaurants.

It generally is. The Hilton Garden Inn is close to I-77, and prices are reasonable for a really nice room. Good restaurants easily within walking distance. (Del Sur Mexican, Jeffrey’s, and a McD’s). If you do stay in Mooresville, let me know and I can recommend restaurants.

staying there ha ha ha just booked it

I'm not sure which one impresses me less...

Eh, Charles. People had to do some real work to get NW back in shape. Chuckles just had to get born.
I Know that you're just brimming with excitement that Wilkesboro is back, you buying drinks for the Racing-Forums.com crew thats going to be at the race??

I Know that you're just brimming with excitement that Wilkesboro is back, you buying drinks for the Racing-Forums.com crew thats going to be at the race??
Pretty tough since I don't plan to be there myself. I'm happy for the track and the rest of y'all that care, but I never went to the All-Star when it was in Charlotte, and that's closer to me than NW. I even strongly doubt I'd go to the AS if they were running at Rockingham. The 'Dollars to Laps' ratio is too high.

If it was a points-paying race, I might think about it. Even if it was, I doubt I'd feel compelled to attend the first event. I look back at what CFs Kentucky and other first-timers have been like. Should NW get a Cup event, I'll be happy to wait a race or two while the rest of y'all help the work the bugs out (play guinea pigs).

If you've never been to Mooresville you are going to love it!
I'll presume somewhat like a kid in a candy store.

If you've never been to Mooresville you are going to love it!
I'll presume somewhat like a kid in a candy store.
Thanks for the lodging tips. I’m happy with the choice I selected on where to stay

What’s “lol” about wanting to attend a race as a fan. Hell I’ll even volunteer while you nitpick my posts.

Also, I’m not “counting seats”, they literally announced an 18,000 seat sellout for a late model race. Pretty dense of you to assume.
Probably will put in another 10,000 seats, my guess

Take the seats from Texas and install them at NW..problem solved 😇

Problem is those seats at Texas aren’t very portable with the suites haha. Texas Speedway could actually be a decent 500 mile one race market.

I’m kinda at the point of only wanting about 5 tracks having 2 dates.

Daytona, Talladega, Bristol (sorta), Charlotte (sorta), Martinsville and maybe Las Vegas or Phoenix for the west coast fans, I definitely agree.

See now with Texas not having the All Star race they can start bulldozing the day after the playoff race and be ready for fall 23

Daytona, Talladega, Bristol (sorta), Charlotte (sorta), Martinsville and maybe Las Vegas or Phoenix for the west coast fans, I definitely agree.
Daytona and Talladega (might be an unpopular opinion), Bristol, Charlotte, Martinsville and Darlington. And like you said a second west coast track OR add an additional west coast track.

Daytona and Talladega (might be an unpopular opinion), Bristol, Charlotte, Martinsville and Darlington. And like you said a second west coast track OR add an additional west coast track.

Portland or the PNW deserves a race if they can put a little bit of money into the track. But it seems like the track isn’t trying hard enough up there and merely rents out the place, I could be wrong.

Is it imperative I have to do a donation to get tickets or you all think I'll just be able to hop on the website the day tickets are open for sale?
Geez, what is it, $25? Cough up for the kids.

FAQ sez only 1000 priorities. I'd look at how fast those go as a guide to how quickly tickets will sell. I'll be shocked if there are priorities left at 3:10 today.

Geez, what is it, $25? Cough up for the kids.

FAQ sez only 1000 priorities. I'd look at how fast those go as a guide to how quickly tickets will sell. I'll be shocked if there are priorities left at 3:10 today.
The hotel room’s no good without tickets. 🤓
I'll be on there at 2pm Central time.

I think the amount of demand and site traffic probably overloaded the server.

Yea, I keep having a problem when trying to fill out the form, it keeps saying my address field is required even though it's filled out

Back
Top Bottom