Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

Thanks for the tip. Looking at hotels right now
Well I'll have to take that back, it looks like its about the same distance. I swore it was closer but I must have been thinking about Winston Salem. Anyway, about and 1.30 from Charlotte and probably can get a cheaper flight

Well I'll have to take that back, it looks like its about the same distance. I swore it was closer but I must have been thinking about Winston Salem. Anyway, about and 1.30 from Charlotte and probably can get a cheaper flight
I was thinking Charlotte because there’s stuff to do ( my wife has to be entertained) and seems close to some race shops I want to visit. I’ve been looking at Greensboro, Ashville, and Winston Salem too

WOW, WOW, AND WOW!

I knew the Jr download was hinting at more things to come, but OMG this is unreal! I thought it was a spoof headline. This means there will be some major investment back into that track to get it up to Cup standards. Gotta mean quality lighting system, LOTS of restrooms, much more.

Kinda boggles my mind they’re gonna be cool with 18,000 seats when they can easily sell 40,000.

Don't point and laugh, but I don't know much about North Wilkesboro, but it must be a great place if all of you are so interested in going. The All Star race hasn't been very exciting in years, at least in my eyes. If going to this track will make the All Star Race great again, I'm all for it.

Growing up during the heyday of old NASCAR in the foothills of North Carolina, we enjoyed having 3 major tracks. North Wilkesboro is in the mountains, was a heck of a tough short track, and connected us to the old days of moonshiners, Junior Johnson, etc. it was the closest track to my home other than Hickory Speedway, which ran it‘s last NASCAR Cup race in 1973. Lots of history there at NW, as well as at another being revived somewhat in Rockingham.

Thanks Dale Jr for all you and others did to resurrect this track!

Man, Utter could not wait to let this news out there.

Man, how the hell are people getting press releases early like this?

I enjoy twitter, but my goodness that is insane.
Yeah Utter likes to be first, remember he jumped the gun on Almirola not retiring a few weeks ago when he was going to announce it later that week and got pissed.

Complete with promotional graphics and B-roll too, Idk how lol but I appreciate good surprises myself. Always more fun when a team keeps everything under wraps or the media don’t break the embargo.

Man, Utter could not wait to let this news out there.

Man, how the hell are people getting press releases early like this?

I enjoy twitter, but my goodness that is insane.
I mean I'd rather hear it then all the we know something you don't that was going around earlier.

Given we're seeing a return of part-time drivers and one-offs (Kimi, Joey Hand, Kvyat) I'd LOVE to see someone who ran the last NW race in this one. Gordon is the obvious candidate but Bobby Labonte has been very active and I wouldn't be surprised if he wants in. Michael Waltrip, Kenny Wallace, and Rusty Wallace were all also in that race...

I also hope we can just do 200 laps straight-up no BS stages...

I think if past legends of the sport want in, NASCAR will tweak the rules a bit to make them eligible.

I hope not. If Jeff wants to race then run the Baby Ruth late model car or Xfinity car lol. dude has been out of the Cup Series for over 6 years.

lol.

Rest of the forum- NORTH WILKESBORO IS BACK!!!!

This guy- I only count 18,204 seats and they need at least 38,582, ideally 46,295-50,194.95

What’s “lol” about wanting to attend a race as a fan. Hell I’ll even volunteer while you nitpick my posts.

Also, I’m not “counting seats”, they literally announced an 18,000 seat sellout for a late model race. Pretty dense of you to assume.

This is huge not only for wilkesboro but nascar in general. People who haven’t watched since the “racing ain’t racing no more” era will be at this race. This thing will sell out FAST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, WOW, AND WOW!

I knew the Jr download was hinting at more things to come, but OMG this is unreal! I thought it was a spoof headline. This means there will be some major investment back into that track to get it up to Cup standards. Gotta mean quality lighting system, LOTS of restrooms, much more.
On site facilities will be quick and easy fixes. The biggest issue will be parking and ingress/egress infrastructure, which is really poor. They couldn't even handle 18k for the late model race without multiple hour jams and people missing race stuck in traffic.

Any chance that they don't add seats and, in an attempt at creating a throw back event, purposely limit the attendance like MLB'S Field of Dreams game ?

Everyone dreaming about a ticket to a race that could easily sell 40-50,000. Of course they’re trying to limit attendance, crazy move in my opinion and I don’t care what people think. Do better.

Everyone dreaming about a ticket to a race that could easily sell 40-50,000. Of course they’re trying to limit attendance, crazy move in my opinion and I don’t care what people think. Do better.

If they're trying to create some type of magical throw back event like the Field of Dreams game, selling tickets isn't on the top of their list.

I would like to hear from Marcus their intentions AFTER 2023. And maybe he'll address that in the announcement. Are they looking to get this track back on the schedule full time, etc. Initially when this all started on the Dale Jr Download he really seemed like NASCAR returning there was just a big maybe, and that cup was really out of the question.

If there is any karma in this world, Bruton Smith is spinning in his grave. I don't believe any of this would have EVER happened as long as he was calling the shots.

I was thinking Charlotte because there’s stuff to do ( my wife has to be entertained) and seems close to some race shops I want to visit. I’ve been looking at Greensboro, Ashville, and Winston Salem too
I'd definitely look at Mooresville if you haven't got a room yet.
The place will be full on race week frenzy. Every shop will have some sort of open house with drivers, crew and owners all on site.
Plus, for the little lady within close range is Birkdale Village (shopping and dining for days) and downtown Charlotte is about 40 mins away.

Back
Top Bottom